Harsin!

cbo

16 hours ago, metafour said:

The fact that you believe that football coaches ought to be performing the duties of medical professionals (ie: encouraging people to undergo a medical procedure/treatment) is absolutely mind-blowing.

You think it's a valiant idea for Lane ****ing Kiffin to be doling out medical advice? Are you off your meds? I wouldn't trust Lane Kiffin to hold my wallet for 5 minutes, let alone listen to him to offer medical advice.

Do you think it's your mechanics job to inspire people to get vaccinated? And actually, if your mechanic was to offer medical advice, what would you think of that?

Also, for the millionth time: Bryan Harsin has invited doctors ad-nauseum to speak to his team about vaccination. That is the extent of his responsibility on this topic. He does not work for Pfizer, nor is he a medical professional. It is absolutely not his job to shill for vaccines, the fact that you can't wrap your head around this is lunacy.

The only lunacy is the self inflicted blindness that won't allow you to understand the broader conversation.  If there was an effort to stop the abuse of opioid drugs and that effort included PSAs by SEC football coaches, wouldn't the Auburn coach be morally obligated to do his part?  I would hope so.  Too many of you are in full fledged fairy tale mode when it comes to the vaccines.  You will readily trust your doctor if he prescribes a cholesterol medication or meds for high blood pressure.  Those, like most all meds, do have extremely rare side effects.  Even so, you take them because you know that your doctor believes that those risks are far outweighed by the risk of doing nothing.

Here we have an infectious disease that has killed almost 800,000 Americans alone.  There are vaccines that make the probability of serious disease and death extremely small compared to being unvaccinated.  You choose to make this political and instead of doing what is best for you and those around you, you ignore the advice of doctors and instead place your faith in nonsense and those that promote nonsense.

I realize that I am much more educated than the average person.  What I look to for information is not the same as what the vast majority of people would look to and learn from.  That doesn't make me better than anyone and that is not the purpose of the prior sentence.  I realize that some people in the community have a voice that is given weight, regardless of whether it should be or not.  One of those people is the man that is the head football coach of the team they support.  That is why that position is a high profile position and part of the reason why a public university can justify paying over $5 million a year in salary.  Harsin having invited doctors to speak to the team ad-nauseum makes his refusal to comment that much more BIZARRE.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If it saved even 1 persons life by encouraging them to go ahead and get the vaccine then it was worth the effort IMO. 

Plus Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss aren't having media articles and hundreds of forum posts written arguing about their vaccination stance like AU is.

the "What if Harsin ignores the mandate like WSU's coach did?"..isn't a good discussion to have hanging in the air all season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some schools are using it as a recruiting tactic against Auburn and Harsin. 

What can they possibly say to parents and recruits that Auburn and Harsin can't vouch for during their private conversations?

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Saban, Smart, and Kiffin's PSA's have literally saved millions of lives? Wow!

If they saved 20, it was certainly worth the hour of time they spent doing it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

What can they possibly say to parents and recruits that Auburn and Harsin can't vouch for during their private conversations?

If he claims an exemption due to religious reasons, they will talk to the mothers of recruits about how that coach is part of a cult like religion and can't be trusted.  It is more likely that he is vaccinated or will be and the conversation then is along the lines of.....

"I don't know why that coach refuses to encourage others to do this. I know how many people this has impacted and I have done what I can to get that message out.  Harsin just listens to those crazy people on Fox too much.  It makes you wonder what else we don't know about what he believes."

I don't believe that myself, but if I was the HC at another school or a recruiter, you can bet the farm that I would say that and more.  Anyone would.

There will be a lot of questions that recruits and their families ask Harsin that can be considered personal.  You think he will say none of your business?  I highly doubt it,.

Edited by AU9377
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Not sure. I can't say it is having any effect on recruiting, and you can't say for sure that it isn't. 

It'd just be nice not to have the discussions, media attention, and questions hanging around while our biggest rivals just put the issue to bed from day 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Harsin having invited doctors to speak to the team ad-nauseum makes his refusal to comment that much more BIZARRE.

He has commented. “ not anti-vaccine”… folks that keep harping about it on forums like this is BIZARRE

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The only lunacy is the self inflicted blindness that won't allow you to understand the broader conversation.  If there was an effort to stop the abuse of opioid drugs and that effort included PSAs by SEC football coaches, wouldn't the Auburn coach be morally obligated to do his part?  I would hope so.  Too many of you are in full fledged fairy tale mode when it comes to the vaccines.  You will readily trust your doctor if he prescribes a cholesterol medication or meds for high blood pressure.  Those, like most all meds, do have extremely rare side effects.  Even so, you take them because you know that your doctor believes that those risks are far outweighed by the risk of doing nothing.

Here we have an infectious disease that has killed almost 800,000 Americans alone.  There are vaccines that make the probability of serious disease and death extremely small compared to being unvaccinated.  You choose to make this political and instead of doing what is best for you and those around you, you ignore the advice of doctors and instead place your faith in nonsense and those that promote nonsense.

I realize that I am much more educated than the average person.  What I look to for information is not the same as what the vast majority of people would look to and learn from.  That doesn't make me better than anyone and that is not the purpose of the prior sentence.  I realize that some people in the community have a voice that is given weight, regardless of whether it should be or not.  One of those people is the man that is the head football coach of the team they support.  That is why that position is a high profile position and part of the reason why a public university can justify paying over $5 million a year in salary.  Harsin having invited doctors to speak to the team ad-nauseum makes his refusal to comment that much more BIZARRE.

45 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If he claims an exemption due to religious reasons, they will talk to the mothers of recruits about how that coach is part of a cult like religion and can't be trusted.  It is more likely that he is vaccinated or will be and the conversation then is along the lines of.....

"I don't know why that coach refuses to encourage others to do this. I know how many people this has impacted and I have done what I can to get that message out.  Harsin just listens to those crazy people on Fox too much.  It makes you wonder what else we don't know about what he believes."

I don't believe that myself, but if I was the HC at another school or a recruiter, you can bet the farm that I would say that and more.  Anyone would.

There will be a lot of questions that recruits and their families ask Harsin that can be considered personal.  You think he will say none of your business?  I highly doubt it,.

"Hello Mr/Mrs Parent of Recruit. My name is Bryan Harsin Head Football coach at Auburn University. I and my staff are more than delighted to answer any and all questions and concerns regarding procedures and protocols in response to this medical situation. And why I choose to inform you privately as to my own personal situation versus sharing it publicly with the media. My example is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, your child's privacy and public image will be protected. Especially when it comes to the media, who are quick to throw an 18-22 year old under the bus. Whether it's off the field, discipline, health, grades, etc., I guarantee we will always handle those things internally. We will not allow the media to exploit your child's situation for their own gain."

Believe it or not, coaches and parents and recruits actually talk to each other. Privately. There is more private information shared between them, far more, than anything shared with the media. It's how you build trust.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

"Hello Mr/Mrs Parent of Recruit. My name is Bryan Harsin Head Football coach at Auburn University. I and my staff are more than delighted to answer any and all questions and concerns regarding procedures and protocols in response to this medical situation. And why I choose to inform you privately as to my own personal situation versus sharing it publicly with the media. My example is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, your child's privacy and public image will be protected. Especially when it comes to the media, who are quick to throw an 18-22 year old under the bus. Whether it's off the field, discipline, health, grades, etc., I guarantee we will always handle those things internally. We will not allow the media to exploit your child's situation for their own gain."

Believe it or not, coaches and parents and recruits actually talk to each other. Privately. There is more private information shared between them, far more, than anything shared with the media. It's how you build trust.

Very familiar with how it works.  In fact, have experienced the process.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Very familiar with how it works.  In fact, have experienced the process.

Would it not be a conversation starter? To break the ice?

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Public health and population well being is only possibly impacted by the actual receiving of the vaccine. People’s knowledge of whether someone has taken it impacts nothing but curiosity.

Let’s use an analogy….if one has a sexually transmitted disease, should they advise a potential partner? The answer is obviously yes. We know with certainty that Covid19 can make a person extremely ill, possibly resulting in death. So this is more than curiosity. It is a matter general well being and basic courtesy. The unvaccinated individual in Publix that sneezes near me has just endangered me and everyone else nearby.

Edited by tomcat
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Would it not be a conversation starter? To break the ice?

Ofcourse, but the concern is not in how Harsin explains any of it.  The concern is how others frame it and present it to those same families.  Every minute spent talking about this subject is a minute not spent talking about why Auburn is the best place for their child.

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

Let’s use an analogy….if one has a sexually transmitted disease, should they advise a potential partner? The answer is obviously yes. We know with certainty that Covid19 can make a person extremely ill, possibly resulting in death. So this is more than curiosity. It is a matter general well being and basic courtesy. The unvaccinated individual in Publix that sneezes near me has just endangered me and everyone else nearby.

Bryan Harsin has already had COVID. So what difference does it matter to you whether or not he has been vaccinated? You know for certain that he has some degree of antibodies in his body - by way of contracting and surviving the virus.

You know what's funny? He actually very likely has MORE active antibodies than most of these media members who received the vaccine as soon as they could during first roll-out. How so? Because the efficacy period of the vaccine has proven to be so piss-poor, that anyone who received it more than ~6 months ago is in no way "less likely" to contract the virus than someone who literally had COVID ~2 months ago. I think it was August 20th that it was announced that Bryan Harsin had tested positive. But let me guess, some dip reporter who got double vaccinated 7 months ago is "saving lives" LOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, metafour said:

Bryan Harsin has already had COVID. So what difference does it matter to you whether or not he has been vaccinated? You know for certain that he has some degree of antibodies in his body - by way of contracting and surviving the virus.

You know what's funny? He actually very likely has MORE active antibodies than most of these media members who received the vaccine as soon as they could during first roll-out. How so? Because the efficacy period of the vaccine has proven to be so piss-poor, that anyone who received it more than ~6 months ago is in no way "less likely" to contract the virus than someone who literally had COVID ~2 months ago. I think it was August 20th that it was announced that Bryan Harsin had tested positive. But let me guess, some dipshit reporter who got double vaccinated 7 months ago is "saving lives" LOL.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/vaccine-induced-immunity.html#anchor_1635539757101

Research is finding that the vaccine and infection immunity both work to prevent the virus for at least 6 months, but neither is 100% effective in preventing infection or reinfection, and that vaccinated individuals who have already had Covid 19 have much higher levels of immunity than either people who are just vaccinated or non-vaxxed people who have had the virus and have natural immunity. 

So basically the CDC is saying evidence shows that  previously infected individuals should still get vaccinated for best protection. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You constantly call out everyone else, while you blab like a total loon. Time for the ignore. You ruin too many threads with your vaccine nonsense. Everything to do with Harsin is about the vaccine to you. Just shutup already.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you guys are really worried about beating COVID.. get outside and do some exercises/run. Eat better. Statistics show that being overweight, having COPD, etc. dramatically hurt someone's chances in fighting COVID. So get off the message board and lose some weight. Yeah yeah, every person on this message board will respond with "My weight is perfect and I have abs, etc..."... Well.. The percentage of obese people in America would say otherwise. 

And since some of you are so holy and concerned with people's well being... Quit texting and driving while you are at it... Also.. if you go out and have drinks, it would be best if you not drive home. 

Or you could just keep doing what you are doing:
Eat so much that you can't button your pants.
Sit in front of your TV (with your favorite political news channel playing) - While fighting people on forums and social media about the vaccine.
Get your spouse/kids to empty your ash tray and dip cup.
And blame the unvaccinated for all the problems of the world.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Also.. if you go out and have drinks, it would be best if you not drive home. 

LV Raider/ex Bama WR Henry Ruggs III and the person he killed is wishing he had taken this advice.

59 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

LV Raider/ex Bama WR Henry Ruggs III and the person he killed is wishing he had taken this advice.

ouch-sheesh.gif

• Haha 1