Jimmy Brumbough: Hired as New Dlinemen Coach

toddc

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Did anyone consider Nick Eason a home run smash hire? 

That was probably before the few who post in every thread began to hate Harsin....

• Like 1

Here is what I don't get and seems fishy to me. I'm a glass half full fan, just as a reminder.  He was fired from Syracuse and Tennessee (not sure why). He has a number of one year stops. ie Maryland and Colorado ( again, not sure why). It's hard to judge someone who moves around a bunch. 

First hire on defense that I haven't been thrilled about. Not a disaster, but probably a fallback.

Here's the good news. With CRob coming on, LB and even OLB recruiting should actually pick up. CRob/Watts is better than Jeff/Watts. If Jeff helps with safeties, he's carried because Zac and Trovon are beasts there. In a sense, the D staff will actually be more balanced recruiting wise for those two positions imo.

Thus, the DL is actually the area I'm most concerned about right now since Jimmy's on his own and is not known as a beast on the trail. We should still get good quality like usual, but I'm hesitant 

32 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

That's an original retort. Must have taken you a long time to come up with it. Not surprised you can't see the difference between the two.

Oh lighten up, buttercup. Dig the cob out of your rump and carry on complaining with the rest of us!

• Dislike 1

Hopefully the old alma mater is the one place to reignite some fire and passion for the job. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

Here is what I don't get and seems fishy to me. I'm a glass half full fan, just as a reminder.  He was fired from Syracuse and Tennessee (not sure why). He has a number of one year stops. ie Maryland and Colorado ( again, not sure why). It's hard to judge someone who moves around a bunch. 

IIRC he was fired immediately following UT's loss to UK. I don't keep up with them enough to know how they performed prior to and following said dismissal, though.

my memory is bad but was there not a brumbough restaurant in the ham at one time? i think there was and it was a bama player. is this correct or have i got this one screwed up. i do remember he waqs said to have the best wings and sauce in the ham at one time.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

my memory is bad but was there not a brumbough restaurant in the ham at one time? i think there was and it was a bama player. is this correct or have i got this one screwed up. i do remember he waqs said to have the best wings and sauce in the ham at one time.

Baumhowers maybe?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Baumhowers maybe?

yessir! thanks so much.

57 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Did anyone consider Nick Eason a home run smash hire? 

Nick Eason was a proven NFL coach known for his teaching abilities and relationships with his players. 

Jimmy B is a guy that has a mixed rep as far as coaching with is best stint being the 3 years or so he spent at UK.

Zadarrius Smith is his biggest success I would say. Juco 4 star guy he signed with UK, played 2 seasons and was later drafted in the 4th round.

Jimmy had multiple 1 year stints which could be for a variety of reasons. He was fired from Syracuse after 2 years. First year he was DL coach, then he was named the DT coach before being let go after that season. 

HE left Colorado and went to UT where he was fired after about 4 games I believe? 

IMO, anyone who is not a least a little concerned after this hire is being a bit blindly naive. Especially after the wait we have had for this hire right in the middle of trying to finish the class.

This makes me think we were turned down by numerous people. Seems like a fall back hire in a big way.

I hope he does huge things and I will support him, but it has me concerned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

About as expected. Sheesh. But hey, Harsin has everything under control and has a plan to get us to where we want to go. Though is sure seems like he’s taking an unconventional approach. 

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

They are also in Huntsville and various other places. I used to actually enjoy their steaks. I agree I love their hot honey BBQ sauce. And their fried banana pudding is amazing

Bro you guys didn't respect Masonbecause he didn't make vandy a powerhouse. How are you going to pretend to respect this guy and he was fired from Tennessee?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And their fried banana pudding is amazing

Holy crap that sounds delicious. Never heard of a fried banana pudding. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They are also in Huntsville and various other places. I used to actually enjoy their steaks. I agree I love their hot honey BBQ sauce. And their fried banana pudding is amazing

Their steaks were pretty fire.

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Nick Eason was a proven NFL coach known for his teaching abilities and relationships with his players. 

Jimmy B is a guy that has a mixed rep as far as coaching with is best stint being the 3 years or so he spent at UK.

Zadarrius Smith is his biggest success I would say. Juco 4 star guy he signed with UK, played 2 seasons and was later drafted in the 4th round.

Jimmy had multiple 1 year stints which could be for a variety of reasons. He was fired from Syracuse after 2 years. First year he was DL coach, then he was named the DT coach before being let go after that season. 

HE left Colorado and went to UT where he was fired after about 4 games I believe? 

IMO, anyone who is not a least a little concerned after this hire is being a bit blindly naive. Especially after the wait we have had for this hire right in the middle of trying to finish the class.

This makes me think we were turned down by numerous people. Seems like a fall back hire in a big way.

I hope he does huge things and I will support him, but it has me concerned.

All true…about both guys. I just know many where not too excited about Nick when he was hired. I don’t get too high or low about any hire, I’m willing to wait to see how it pans out before joining the mob.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

All true…about both guys. I just know many where not too excited about Nick when he was hired. I don’t get too high or low about any hire, I’m willing to wait to see how it pans out before joining the mob.

The "but who has he recruited?" crowd were the biggest haters. At this point in my life/Auburn fandom I've learned that most hires are toss ups. Coaches are like players in that they fit in some places better than others.

Considering how out of left field this hire was, I'm willing to consider the possibility that there was much lower hanging fruit we could've picked.

• Like 1