Poll: Where are we right now?

DyeCampAlum

1.5. I have followed Auburn football since Coach Jordan walked the sidelines. I have never seen such a level of apparent incompetence and disorganization at any time before now. In years when we were between coaches we had better recruiting that what we have this year.

I suppose there might be some secret master plan in the football offices that is going to put things to rights, but that's illogical. Right now what we mere mortals can see is a train wreck.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 4

1. Someone has to stop the bleeding. There is nothing about this staff that gives me any hope for the future. At this rate, we won’t have any players left to play by September. 

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

1.5. I have followed Auburn football since Coach Jordan walked the sidelines. I have never seen such a level of apparent incompetence and disorganization at any time before now. In years when we were between coaches we had better recruiting that what we have this year.

I suppose there might be some secret master plan in the football offices that is going to put things to rights, but that's illogical. Right now what we mere mortals can see is a train wreck.

I was thinking more dumpster fire than train wreck, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ Surprised we didn’t sign another DB 😂

It certainly appears to be a mismanaged mess!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Please reply with the number that fits your current Auburn football mood. (I'd do Survey Monkey but want to keep it on the board.)

1. Panicked or extremely low.

2. Deeply concerned

3. Holding on to hope, but....

4. I believe we're on the right path.

5. I think we could win 10 or more games in 2022.

I'm trying to hold on to a 3 right now but it is hard to. Thank goodness for Bruce Pearl and our Auburn Basketball team. It keeps me hoping there will be some type of good news on our Football front. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AURealist said:

1.5   and losing interest.  

Same here. This program is a laughable mess. I don’t and at the moment just can’t find more than four wins next year. Harsin preaches patience, but at this rate patience is the least of my worries. Fielding a competitive team is looking worse each passing day. This team has gotten worse at every position except for tailback, kicker and d line. Maybe the O line performs better, but even it is not set up for much improvement after this year. Hard to see any light at the end of this and even after three years of this I just don’t see it making a difference. We are so far behind in recruiting now, how on earth can it be remedied by the end of year three? Do we give him a full five and get set back a full decade? Looking like one of the worst hires in recent memory, by AU. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

I’m at a 2 right now.  I’ve gone from being thrilled by what Harsin was selling in the beginning to ‘what the hell is this guy doing to our FB program?!?’  I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. 

• Like 2

Most of the season I was at 3, but the "1-0 everyday" stuff wore thin quickly.  No discipline on the field, and apparently no plan in the main office.  Good hire on paper, hope he turns it around, but I don't see it happening.

I have read some of the rumors. I don't know what to believe, but we have heard a lot of rumors lately about players and coaches. There was smoke first and then the fire! These rumors about Harsin seem to be the smoke. If they turn  into a fire he has a major problem, not only with AU but with his family.

Did Mason and the new OC catch wind of this and flee while they could. 

I certainly hope none of this is true. Harsin just doesn't seem the type!

1.5. If he hires a dud OC, I’ll probably be at a 1. We have a couple more players leave and I’ll just give up and try to distance myself from it so it doesn’t depress me.

The most alarming thing about the situation is that our administration is just sitting back and watching this all happen. Someone needs to address this and take action. I don’t know what the action is, but they gotta do something to stop the bleeding.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The most alarming thing about the situation is that our administration is just sitting back and watching this all happen.

And that's the risk of ADAG going rogue on the hire and Harsin icing out, well, everyone. This is what folks like RiR and PtB warned us about. What ADAG and Harsin said was, "Eff you, we don't need you, we've got this." Okay, great. I was all for that as long as they delivered. They haven't. So while the broader Auburn power structure still hoped that it would work out and Harsin would be the next saban, they're also not going to do anything to prolong a tenure that they never believed in. 

And that goes for ADAG, too. He's toast. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And that's the risk of ADAG going rogue on the hire and Harsin icing out, well, everyone. This is what folks like RiR and PtB warned us about. What ADAG and Harsin said was, "Eff you, we don't need you, we've got this." Okay, great. I was all for that as long as they delivered. They haven't. So while the broader Auburn power structure still hoped that it would work out and Harsin would be the next saban, they're also not going to do anything to prolong a tenure that they never believed in. 

And that goes for ADAG, too. He's toast. 

I agree even though I don’t like it. We wanted someone outside the family, that’s what we got. It seems like Harsin has no one on his side other than ADAG. The family is pissed and like it or not the family controls Auburn football. I just don’t think they are going to hand the keys to Harsin. I think they would be willing to let it burn before they get shut out. It’s already smoking.

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

I agree even though I don’t like it. We wanted someone outside the family, that’s what we got. It seems like Harsin has no one on his side other than ADAG. The family is pissed and like it or not the family controls Auburn football. I just don’t think they are going to hand the keys to Harsin. I think they would be willing to let it burn before they get shut out. It’s already smoking.

I think they’ve handed the keys to him and he immediately wrecked the car. I don’t blame one person for the state of the program, other than Harsin. He’s the one who has lost coaches and recruits, he’s the one who is responsible.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wcware said:

I just don’t think they are going to hand the keys to Harsin.

They did. He's got complete control of everything. 

11 minutes ago, wcware said:

It seems like Harsin has no one on his side other than ADAG.

Yup. And ADAG is no Kevlar vest. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They did. He's got complete control of everything. 

Yup. And ADAG is no Kevlar vest. 

Did they hand him the keys and then offer their support or did they hand him the keys and then leave town?

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think they’ve handed the keys to him and he immediately wrecked the car. I don’t blame one person for the state of the program, other than Harsin. He’s the one who has lost coaches and recruits, he’s the one who is responsible.

It’s never that simple. That program is huge with a ton of people with responsibility and influence. I do agree Harsin should and will be the main one who ultimately is held responsible.