Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, autiger88 said:

🙄 If you can look at all that was just posted and think that. Theres no helping you. 

You’re too slow. I had already deleted it 😂. I could debate that post some but some has valid points

9 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

One would think that IF he was staying, we’d get some sort of strong support statement or clarity from our University leadership (not the board).  One would think that would have to be before tomorrow. 

What about if he's fired? That would need to happen today too right? Can we just skip the meetings tomorrow, I would think not

3 minutes ago, provibe said:

I didn’t think the coach could mention NIL money but that’s just what I’ve read on here. I

The coach can't set-up deals but absolutely nothing is preventing him from making it VERY clear that "the people are in place to get you paid".

This isn't a part of his recruiting pitch because it's a complete contradiction to everything Boise State stands for.

You don't even seem to understand the fundamental principles of the coach you're vehemently defending.

Boise State = blue collar culture of hard working outsiders that the big boys didn't want. Davis vs. Goliath. "Work Hard Work", blah, blah, blah.

The idea of an 18 year old HS kid who hasn't proven anything getting paid ~6-figures just to sign with your school is a complete contradiction to everything Harsin stands for. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well they just got done making me feel way worse about recruiting on The Drive. We are so screwed unless we drop this guy now and hire a popular coach who will have kids portaling over to us.

I'm sorry didn't mean to make you feel worse about our situation bro.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, metafour said:

The coach can't set-up deals but absolutely nothing is preventing him from making it VERY clear that "the people are in place to get you paid".

This isn't a part of his recruiting pitch because it's a complete contradiction to everything Boise State stands for.

You don't even seem to understand the fundamental principles of the coach you're vehemently defending.

Boise State = blue collar culture of hard working outsiders that the big boys didn't want. Davis vs. Goliath. "Work Hard Work", blah, blah, blah.

The idea of an 18 year old HS kid who hasn't proven anything getting paid ~6-figures just to sign with your school is a complete contradiction to everything Harsin stands for. 

Maybe that’s the way I feel also 

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

You’re too slow. I had already deleted it 😂. I could debate that post some but some has valid points

Lol 

13 minutes ago, metafour said:

The recruiting dead period ended Jan 13th.
Harsin left to recruit for the first time on Jan 24th.

In the meantime; a 2023 Top 100 player in Alabama from right down the road at Central HS who had visited for ~FOUR games last season, announced a Top 5 without Auburn in it. Auburn was believed to be the leader at one point. The kids at Central are pissed that that Harsin basically waited till the last day to visit their school; meanwhile every other SEC coach had already long made them a priority.

This is his recruiting and there are many other examples.

He has no idea how to recruit in this region; or what the recruiting work is like.

IT'S HIS FAULT.

You can find other examples if you wish. Like sending Zac Etheridge to a Georgia HS Coaching event where Kirby Smart and other SEC head coaches were in attendance. Apparently Harsin is too important to make an appearance. At a similar Alabama HS event, Harsin showed up and delivered a speech...then left. Meanwhile Saban stayed after the event and had dinner with the coaches in attendance.

This is a recurring story, along with the fact that "his" coaches are fish out of water in recruiting down here. They basically all got shut out. NIL is also a complete contradiction to everything that the "Boise Culture" stands for; so don't expect him to make that a priority at all when recruiting HS kids. It's already basically lost us recruits like Trevonte Citizen. I've also heard that Harsin basically made no mention of NIL when he was pitching the WR from Oregon (Darrius Clemons) and the kid ended up visiting once to Michigan on the last weekend before early-signing day and ended up signing there. This was a kid that Harsin had a prior long-standing relationship with. Harsin actually blew that recruitment TWICE lol.

How can the Harsin supporters not see this? Talent acquisition means MORE in this league than ever and weve got a guy with no clue on how to do that. The Joiner kid from AHS only commited here because his mom likes it so much. Auburn offered him MONTHS after Bama and UGA. He was begging for an offer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I still stand by it lol

IF THERE IS NO COACHING SEARCH I BLAME YOU KNOW THAT!!!!! lmao

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

Is that really too far off of what our culture traditionally has been. We won't out recruit you, but we'll line it up and smash it down your throat. Blue collar ball. Just different stages of competition 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Some guy trying to get it going.  

Don't go there.    A quick google search shows that David Marts is an Arkansas fan that changed his profile picture to look like an AU fan

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

One would think that IF he was staying, we’d get some sort of strong support statement or clarity from our University leadership (not the board).  One would think that would have to be before tomorrow. 

Bite the bullet today, pay the buyout and let’s get Freeze

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm sorry didn't mean to make you feel worse about our situation bro.

Wait, Bill? Dan? Is that you?

Edited by AuCivilEng1

3 minutes ago, shuebru said:

Don't go there.    A quick google search shows that David Marts is an Arkansas fan that changed his profile picture to look like an AU fan

Spaces is a real weird thing

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Some guy trying to get it going.  

Tuned in and quickly left after they suggested Bo Jackson and Cam as options with the host signing like an idiot in the background. Seemed like a huge troll

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Not sure on the validity of these numbers but at least interesting if true. Also shows that on3 still doesn’t have info on a firing 

I don't know if those Pat Dye transfer numbers are correct, but his info on Nick Saban is wrong if he's referring to his Bama tenure. Only coaches Saban lost after his first season was his Special Teams coach and his OC Major Applewhite who went to Texas. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Who told you that?! Hand over your source!

Sorry took it from the Donor Board