Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

The Boise Boys have demonstrated that it works, and it is a process similar to the most successful organizations in both college and NFL.

Not at Auburn, they haven't. And there are plenty of Boise fans around the internet that weren't sad to see Harsin and the gang get a new gig. 

Gus always seemed to feel his scheme could overcome things like no offensive line talent. Harsin seems similarly stubborn about his "process". Meanwhile, when Auburn has prioritized recruiting AND player development, we've done relatively well. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, CR said:

Dye and Saban replaced those players and coaches with better ones. Harsins not doing that.

Well his recruiting was picking up a lot of steam until the latest signing day, which occurred while the boosters were trying to out him so the NIL money likely wasn’t there. You’re not wrong on your point but if that’s the only difference is 6 players in the middle of potentially bogus investigation then is he to blame?  Don’t really know the answer to that but there certainly seems to be a lot more to it than he just didn’t recruit anyone…

4 minutes ago, CR said:

Dye and Saban replaced those players and coaches with better ones. Harsins not doing that.

After Spring practice there will be numerous players hitting the portal. Harsin will have an opportunity then to bring in players. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, maryland tiger said:

After Spring practice there will be numerous players hitting the portal. Harsin will have an opportunity then to bring in players. 

Yeah but will he capitalize on that? So far the indication's been no he's not going to. 

• Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

This guy is going to show up to a meeting with the president all sunburned from the vacation he refused to shorten. Rookie mistake not to plan a trip recovery day.

I can see it now. Flip flops, tank top, one of those stupid visors with the fake Guy Fieri hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Auburn02 said:

I can see it now. Flip flops, tank top, one of those stupid visors with the fake Guy Fieri hair.

You forgot the airbrushed T-shirt with everyone’s name on the back! Classic!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Yeah, we have such a good track record

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Yup, players than probably didn't make the two deep roster at their own (non SEC) program.   Some SEC kids, but ...I'll stop there.  Not feeling so positive today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Being firm and making players buy in to a process, with repercussions if they don’t, is a better description. Not about “being mean”. As stated also, coaching players up, evaluating talent, and having a sophisticated, adjustable game plan on both sides of the ball is part of that process.The Boise Boys have demonstrated that it works, and it is a process similar to the most successful organizations in both college and NFL. 

Agree if that is what it was. I have no idea if it was or not.

7 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Has he not had that opportunity to this point this offseason 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Not at Auburn, they haven't. And there are plenty of Boise fans around the internet that weren't sad to see Harsin and the gang get a new gig. 

Gus always seemed to feel his scheme could overcome things like no offensive line talent. Harsin seems similarly stubborn about his "process". Meanwhile, when Auburn has prioritized recruiting AND player development, we've done relatively well. 

I thought the whole deal, starting with getting rid of Malzahn, was to do better than “relatively well “

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not get how it could be “ hostile”. Did make me think my television set needed adjusting if I happened to run across a game being played on it.

I will explain more thoroughly for you- I was referring to the overall hostile environment for visiting teams in Boise’s stadium, not the blue color of the turf. Seats around 48k, I’ve been to multiple games there and they go nuts and rock that place.   The blue turf is funny but Boise has embraced it. They even got in trouble a few years ago when they came up with all blue uniforms to match the turf. Some other teams bitched.

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

classic Auburn jinx. WE CAN NEVER HAVE NICE THINGS in football anymore!!! lol

I still stand by it lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

I will explain more thoroughly for you- I was referring to the overall hostile environment for visiting teams in Boise’s stadium, not the blue color of the turf. Seats around 48k, I’ve been to multiple games there and they go nuts and rock that place.   The blue turf is funny but Boise has embraced it. They even got in trouble a few years ago when they came up with all blue uniforms to match the turf. Some other teams bitched.

CBH, that you?

😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

there are plenty of Boise fans around the internet that weren't sad to see Harsin and the gang get a new gig. 

There are plenty of red flags around Harsin, but I don’t give this any merit.   Every fan base does this every time a coach leaves to go somewhere else.   Right now in Norman there are some people saying “good riddance” to Lincoln Riley, and same in Eugene with Mario.   If little nicky left west vance, there would be toothless rednecks come out of the woods and talk about how he had lost his edge and needed to go, blah, blah, blah.    It just happens.  We humans by nature are both stupid and prideful.   

• Like 1

Listen @provibe you can face palm me all you want, you may disagree but the fact is he hasn't, Show me where he has capitalized on the opportunity to recruit better? 

Edited by autiger88

8 minutes ago, provibe said:

I thought the whole deal, starting with getting rid of Malzahn, was to do better than “relatively well “

How you gonna say this but facepalm what I said?🤷 That doesn't make any damn sense. 

jKL1MHc.gif

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

There are plenty of red flags around Harsin, but I don’t give this any merit.   Every fan base does this every time a coach leaves to go somewhere else.   Right now in Norman there are some people saying “good riddance” to Lincoln Riley, and same in Eugene with Mario.   If little nicky left west vance, there would be toothless rednecks come out of the woods and talk about how he had lost his edge and needed to go, blah, blah, blah.    It just happens.  We humans by nature are both stupid and prideful.   

I also believe BSU fans have a fairly inflated opinion of their football program in the past due to some of those actual good games that they won that they were thought to be the lower program. Truthfully if everyone else thought that they would have been invited into a better conference (what Harsin had been driving for in recent seasons).

11 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

The blue turf is funny but Boise has embraced it. They even got in trouble a few years ago when they came up with all blue uniforms to match the turf. Some other teams bitched.

I think the blue turf is kinda neat actually. Can understand uniform/turf matching. Like a baseball pitcher wearing a white long sleeved under shirt and white shoes.

36 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Being firm and making players buy in to a process, with repercussions if they don’t, is a better description. Not about “being mean”. As stated also, coaching players up, evaluating talent, and having a sophisticated, adjustable game plan on both sides of the ball is part of that process.The Boise Boys have demonstrated that it works, and it is a process similar to the most successful organizations in both college and NFL. 

That isn't what he is doing though, and he didn't even establish that culture at Boise... It was already there. You can't accomplish that without a staff around you, and it won't matter if you do accomplish it if your talent level is lower that Kentucky's 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The real question is who tf comes back from vacation the night before a work day and doesn’t take that extra day off to “recover from the vacation”. Shows a massive lapse of character in my book.

giphy.gif