Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, wcware said:

You should be Phillip Marshall’s replacement 😂. I mean that with all respect ( kinda). Nice delivery.

sincerest thanks. I know - I wish I had quotes from officials from the department and reports from private eyes. And that I could argue there's just one cause and one solution. I'm definitely on the outside and just trying to apply critical thinking and common sense about human nature to rationalize it for myself. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Very valid take, but I do think bama has like 16 players in the portal, maybe? The Mason thing I don’t love. That definitely has more to the story. And the Davis about face —— that could be on him more than anyone else, but who knows. 

The difference with Bama entering the transfer portal vs Auburn is that those players for Bama were way down the depth chart and probably wouldn't see the field but several of the Auburn players that entered the portal were going to be expected to heavily contribute for us next year.  In addition, Bama won't have much problem replacing those players in the portal.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

In other words, I don’t think it’s as simple as soft players versus resilient players. Smoke Monday is in no way soft. I imagine there may have been resentments, communication failures, bad assumptions, misunderstandings, a few unhealthy personalities, all sorts of stuff. But in 2022 if you can’t keep your coaches and players, you can’t compete.

Obviously as a player he is not soft. He is a hard hitting safety. I mainly think it is all relative to what kind of coaching they like and respond to. 

It is clear there are vast differences in the approach of Harsin compared to Gus. 

Reading all this crap is like talking politics these days. The vocal minority on both sides spouting off opinions as facts, feelings as truths, repeating stupid BS made up crap for days, both sides saying it is done for the love of Auburn,,, all while the 80% of us in the middle just sit back and watch this social media train wreck totally screw up an already difficult situation. It’s like watching Trump debate Rosie O’Donnell. Really!  Best thing would be for us to STFU and watch basketball and let the current coach do his off season job for the football program. Now he has to waste his time dealing with our mess. SMH. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Reading all this crap is like talking politics these days. The vocal minority on both sides spouting off opinions as facts, feelings as truths, repeating stupid BS made up crap for days, both sides saying it is done for the love of Auburn,,, all while the 80% of us in the middle just sit back and watch this social media train wreck totally screw up an already difficult situation. It’s like watching Trump debate Rosie O’Donnell. Really!  Best thing would be for us to STFU and watch basketball and let the current coach do his off season job for the football program. Now he has to waste his time dealing with our mess. SMH. 

The loud Harsin haters are overjoyed.

Guilt or innocence is largely irrelevant at this point. The object is to harm Coach Harsin enough in the eyes of the public that he can no longer continue as Auburn's head football coach.  Sure, the claims will be found to be without merit or will be based 90% on innuendo and rumor, but the damage will have been done.  Harsin will either leave AU immediately or after limping along as a lame duck for a season or two.  

However it happens, we'll have delivered ourselves another black eye and the program and school will be the worse for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Totally agree, and that is what is sad.  And some may say your statement is synonymous with “Gus Apologists”. But those of us in the middle listening to this crap supported both Gus and now Harsin.  

War Eagle!  And remember it is always Great to be an Auburn Tiger!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Guilt or innocence is largely irrelevant at this point. The object is to harm Coach Harsin enough in the eyes of the public that he can no longer continue as Auburn's head football coach.  Sure, the claims will be found to be without merit or will be based 90% on innuendo and rumor, but the damage will have been done.  Harsin will either leave AU immediately or after limping along as a lame duck for a season or two.  

However it happens, we'll have delivered ourselves another black eye and the program and school will be the worse for it.

Again, sounds like todays Politics. AURealist keeping it real!  Can’t agree more that this is what is going on. 

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Any word on negotiations to reduce the buyout, or are they still trying for all cause?

Both but lots of work to do. It's not going to be easy. We shall see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

This thing seems like it's the train heading for the bridge out ahead. The engineer pulled on the brake stick  and it broke off in his hand. A bitter Brian Harsin will hop on I-20 West. The players who moved on will get a couple extra "thumbs up" on their social media posts. The guys who stuck around will give their all for visionary up and rising coach Kevin Steele in his debut 4-8 season. ESPN will interview Bo Nix. The boosters will gather in Jimmy Rane's luxury suite with a smug look as they share a couple pops with their surgically enhanced second wives and talk about "the Auburn way". The beat goes on.

Now this right here is funny as sh*t and unfortunately not far from the truth. Boosters and wives part likely dead on.

22 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I'm not a Harsin fan, but if this is indeed a planned smear campaign for certain boosters to get their way, count me in as a very disgusted alumni and fan. 

This is another one of the unfortunate side effects of college football becoming such a major money enterprise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

* insinuated 

NWALA you can edit your original post just go to the upper right hand corner of your post click on the three dots it will shows more option. 

7 hours ago, Didba said:

Have you put me on ignore (test guys)

Hell no you’re one of the more sensible ones on here that combats all these armchair psychologists who don’t know crap about football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

NWALA you can edit your original post just go to the upper right hand corner of your post click on the three dots it will shows more option. 

Thanks. Still learning my way around

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I've been around a lot longer than you have and actually had the captain of one of bama's teams under Bear Bryant come to work for me. We became close friends and still are today.  I'm also friends with a current member of bama's BOT. He hates AU and I guarantee you the REC is always active in harming AU any way they can. You, AEAugirl or anyone else is naive if they think otherwise.

So you get on a message board and blast someone who's new, and asking questions.

That's about right. Wow. And you wonder why you're always infighting with your own. I literally JUST SAID in this post that I'm new. So many people on this board that are triggered. And the same people are asking 'why can't we all just get along.' SMH. Picking a fight with a new poster who was just curious. 

Great manners here.

• Dislike 3

How about explain to me again the part about Alabama somehow doing all this, ProudTIger, because to this reporter it sure seems like...

A.) The Auburn powers-that-be have been meddling with coaches at AU for decades since coach Pat Dye retired.

B.) They want control of the program but they're afraid to touch Bruce Pearl, for obvious reasons, because he runs a great program, has a strong personality and wouldn't put up with it.

C.) Harsin comes off as a know-it-all jerk whom no one really likes but is tollerating, because so many coaches have been let go, the smart people know it will be a PR nightmare if another one is gone after a year.

D.) There is a paranoia about Alabama that some of us don't get.

Again, new here. And thanks to most for their kindness, AEAUgirl, Titan, and others. 

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Both but lots of work to do. It's not going to be easy. We shall see

So for those of you more familiar with employment contracts, outside of the alleged transgression that is apparently untrue, what other issues could result in firing CBH for cause?   Being a jerk, not building relationships, mediocre recruiting and poor retention of assistant coaches are all negatives but wouldn’t hold up under legal scrutiny for contract termination.    The negotiated settlement where his future employment best interests and the interests of the program are settled upon would seem the most likely conclusion unless the power brokers decide to buy him out now or drop this entirely.    Neither of those options seem likely at this point. 

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

So for those of you more familiar with employment contracts, outside of the alleged transgression that is apparently untrue, what other issues could result in firing CBH for cause?   Being a jerk, not building relationships, mediocre recruiting and poor retention of assistant coaches are all negatives but wouldn’t hold up under legal scrutiny for contract termination.    The negotiated settlement where his future employment best interests and the interests of the program are settled upon would seem the most likely conclusion unless the power brokers decide to buy him out now or drop this entirely.    Neither of those options seem likely at this point. 

It’s in Harsin’s best interest from a career standpoint to continue trying to push through rather than accepting a buyout.

2 hours ago, wcware said:

I’ve been gone for 12 hours. What did I miss?

Harsin will be fired.. Harsin don't know how to deal with kids from the Hood...PTB will ruin AU... Steele will be next coach.. Harsin has no people skills.. I think that covers it

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, DAG said:

He was doing the cupid shuffle. Line dancing? lol I get your point though. He had some moves too.

Not arguing but the Cupid shuffle with a whole group is call line dancing as in a line of people doing the same moves at the same time. 😊 But I’m glad you got the point. I don’t knock Saban anymore . He is smart and finds ways to get his players to do what he wants. He has players leave because they know the level of talent ahead of them but they know they were giving a fair chance and lost. Saban doesn’t play favorites. If Young quits winning game Saban will replace him in a heartbeat and every player on that team knows it. But atleast he is honest with them. I have no idea what happened but I’ll say this. Harsin hasn’t earned his keep. Gus was better than him.Just my honest opinion of what I have seen. He is like Gus in that he takes things personal. In the real world it’s about producing results. When I worked I can assure you my superiors were not going to be ok with me wasting a year and blowing millions and not accomplishing anything. Had Harsin shown signs of improvement then that would have been good. But honestly. Is their anyone on this board that feels that we will be better in our next season than we were this year? Do you think we brought in better talent than we lost? Do you think our schedule will get easier going forward? These are the things the Board and administration have to put their thought into. And if I was on that board I would conclude that Harsin did not show any improvement . In fact he has taken us back to 2012. Personally I think it’s time to cut our losses and move in. This isn’t about just some players getting their feeling hurt. This is about Auburn football future and right now we are trending well. 🙁

Edited by Eagle Eye 7