Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Harsin will be fired.. Harsin don't know how to deal with kids from the Hood...PTB will ruin AU... Steele will be next coach.. Harsin has no people skills.. I think that covers it

So nothing 

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Agree completely.  At this point he is most definitely Dead Man Walking because the damaging accusations, whether true or false, have already destroyed his reputation making recruiting players an even more difficult process for someone that was already struggling with it.  Even if none of the accusations can be proven there’s no way he can do his job effectively at this point and win without top notch recruiting.  

Tubs came back strong after jet gate, at least for a while..

• Like 1

I think folks are passing blame on boosters when it falls squarely on social media, keyboard Warriors, and media sensationalism. 

And one can’t help but to point fingers at the coach himself regarding poor performance. 

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, WarTim said:

I have been seeking info and “what is the what” since all of this saga began. Facts and truth will come eventually, I hope. I am angry that this crapola is taking place. But, in the end, I am heartbroken and sad for our beloved Auburn University. I do not see any winner in this mess. It has been said that sometimes you must hit rock bottom to begin the climb back up. I pray this is that point …….

the-rock-rock-bottom.gif.6ef01d087d8a80b235146daa2b7c699e.gif

Now we've hit the Rock Bottom. We can get better now.  You're welcome 😊 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think folks are passing blame on boosters when it falls squarely on social media, keyboard Warriors, and media sensationalism. 

I have no idea how the “media” got the information  but if influential boosters want harsin gone *without paying his buyout* I wouldn’t put it past them to leak the rumor.

If they want him gone fire him. We can hire someone else and 
Auburn will move on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

And one can’t help but to point fingers at the coach himself regarding poor performance. 

Agree.  Those are the PTB that are at the heart. Gossip acted upon as fact, half truth and then becomes the quoted source.

Appreciate the more rounded tone of your comments.

• Like 1

What I find amusing is nobody had a problem with media when that wr coach was fired. It was funny. Now people are hurt. That's just called karma, I tried to point this out earlier in the year and had maybe 3 people support. It's funny and sad at the same time

• Dislike 1

Nothing to do but wait and hopefully we learned our lesson and will wait for actual facts before casting judgement

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I find amusing is nobody had a problem with media when that wr coach was fired. It was funny. Now people are hurt. That's just called karma, I tried to point this out earlier in the year and had maybe 3 people support. It's funny and sad at the same time

It's pretty wild as soon as the "r" word allegations we're dropped how quickly nearly everyone shifted. Now they are blaming kids, social media, recruiting sites, etc.

Everyone was cool with stories of harsin having an affair and destroying thr program when he was just an uncompromising a**hole.

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

It's pretty wild as soon as the "r" word allegations we're dropped how quickly nearly everyone shifted. Now they are blaming kids, social media, recruiting sites, etc.

Everyone was cool with harsin having an affair and destroying thr program when he was just an uncompromising a**hole.

Very funny seeing the babies for talking about how they are treated but if he slept with a woman he deserves everything. Now if it's anything regarding the players he's owed an apology and this poor man. 

One dude literally posted yesterday corn was a lazy nothing and in the same breath said the media is screwing Harsin and he should sue EVERYBODY. 

Smh

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

This just shows me the division in the team. Coach’s job is to make sure he brings along the whole team. If you are pleased to see this kind of division between teams them I’m sorry for you. Look at out BB team. They work like a well oiled machine. Personally I think Harsin lost this team and in doing so the next two years of football at AU will take a serious fall. If you think for a moment we are more talented today than we were last year at this point, let assure you we are not. Just saying. 

It's not about us, it's about the athletes, remember we are watching them develop a career. Whatever is going on we need to nourish that, we need to all focus on the program that brings and supports our athletes. This fanbase needs to unify, the boosters need to unify, the players need to be in unison. 

We need to stop spreading rumors and innuendo, we are literally hurting the program. We do collectively have an effect on what we say and how we carry ourselves. If the boosters are the issue they need to take a hard look in the mirror, if they are a problem and they continue to damage the program, then administration needs to evaluate the harm they are causing to the benefit of their donations.

Ultimately, we are causing the most harm right now, get behind our program and trust the board to handle these issues and let's button it up. Stop making our beloved program look like a Jersey Shore episode, War Damn!

Edited by The Defiant
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

the-rock-rock-bottom.gif.6ef01d087d8a80b235146daa2b7c699e.gif

Now we've hit the Rock Bottom. We can get better now.  You're welcome 😊 

Oh, it can still get worse, and probably will.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Everyone was cool with harsin having an affair and destroying thr program when he was just an uncompromising a**hole.

Lol it's actually sad but if you wanted to untie this fan base call somebody a racist. You will stop all rumors and innuendos then. There WILL NOT be any judgement until somebody has video and audio footage of him burning a cross in someone's yard to prove that. And even after that might get off.

Now as far as how corn was fired just out of the blue attack his work ethic, character, intelligence. People didn't need to see anything but a wr come on the field late to say good riddance lol. Don't have to look into anything, prove anything, rumors from everywhere, post Twitter's from random people as if they are authority's and it was fine! Made up a 17 time stat and literally were mad if you asked a question. I literally got into multiple arguments for QUESTIONING this. 

Now look at it with Harsin. Karma is real man

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Oh, it can still get worse, and probably will.

I know that.  It was just a play on his words. 

On 10/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, cole256 said:

And people let this seep into an entire different discussion and since they felt a way and spoke about another discussion they feel the need to double down on this. 

As far as CBH should have people around him that he wants and trusts I'm ALL for that. If it was me I'd certainly want my guys I'm familiar with, because it's all on me. But if it's me I'm going to hire my guys from the jump. I would have thought that thru before saying I'll be your new coach.

I certainly do not agree with how they fired this other guy to get his friend in, and the karma on that is on him. And clearly that's how it works in the coaching game, from high school to NFL. I'm not talking on that really.

I do think it's telling that men of high character can be completely ransacked and proof doesn't matter.

A man can bust his butt and endure God knows what for years and all it take are the dumbest rumors and people are fine with throwing them away.

Meanwhile other coaches can do other things the most vile type of stuff and people will do the we all make mistakes, be against cancel culture and all of that. You know get caught with blackface or something like that. But that's separate too.

As far as a new coach comes in and the main complaint is drops for 3 games and then we have one good game and it's the wr coach did this, and he gave them focus and all of that. It's just funny to me. Like I said even if you believe it then it means he sat and watched the group struggle when he had stuff that could have fixed things.....but I know it's not true.

Things like people saying the wr's weren't running correct routes and now they are.....It's just so made up and people go along with it. But I know a bunch of it is personal as well but just one more time. The notion of the youngest least experienced group getting better over time had rebuttal but the Zen making them focus more because the coach knows more and I guess different drills thing is accepted.....

I mean whatever floats your boat. I just imagine if the latter was true he'd be able to write his own ticket in the NFL, yet along college and wouldn't be analyst do me a favor now position coach. 

If the wr's have a bad game in the future with drops do you think anybody is going to have anything to say about the wr coach? What's your opinion?

@W.E.D look what I wrote back then. Scary huh?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Everyone was cool with stories of harsin having an affair and destroying thr program when he was just an uncompromising a**hole.

1)If the rumor is true, fire him now.

2)If he’s a racist fire him now.

3)If  the PTB think he’s incompetent, fire him now.

4) Put enough pressure on Harsin to get him quit.

Its to early to tell how it’s going to play out but the end results will be the same. Harsin will be gone soon, it’s just where things are headed regardless 

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol it's actually sad but if you wanted to untie this fan base call somebody a racist. You will stop all rumors and innuendos then. There WILL NOT be any judgement until somebody has video and audio footage of him burning a cross in someone's yard to prove that. And even after that might get off.

Now as far as how corn was fired just out of the blue attack his work ethic, character, intelligence. People didn't need to see anything but a wr come on the field late to say good riddance lol. Don't have to look into anything, prove anything, rumors from everywhere, post Twitter's from random people as if they are authority's and it was fine! Made up a 17 time stat and literally were mad if you asked a question. I literally got into multiple arguments for QUESTIONING this. 

Now look at it with Harsin. Karma is real man

Yup, now we've got ppl organizing protests at Toomers tomorrow bc these allegations HAVE to be made up by PTB.

If you believe PTB are behind these rumors, it means that every player and ex coach voicing concern are liars and pawns.

I have hesitated to even look at this forum, knowing that very little positive would come out of it. Don't think that our athletes don't look too. I am all Auburn, all the time, and trust our coach until he is not our coach anymore. BTW, we play Georgia in Basketball soon. WAR EAGLE !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This just shows me the division in the team. Coach’s job is to make sure he brings along the whole team. If you are pleased to see this kind of division between teams them I’m sorry for you. Look at out BB team. They work like a well oiled machine. Personally I think Harsin lost this team and in doing so the next two years of football at AU will take a serious fall. If you think for a moment we are more talented today than we were last year at this point, let assure you we are not. Just saying. 

I thought he had lost the team, but I now don't know. The players that have spoken against him don't like him but weren't overly passionate or upset. Just that he's a d*** and needs to connect better. But the players that are for him seem absolutely pissed and are going off. Preaching the Harsin mantra, getting on Twitter spaces, calling out softness, etc. The division is sad. No one should like to see young men divided.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yup, now we've got ppl organizing protests at Toomers tomorrow bc these allegations HAVE to be made up by PTB.

If you believe PTB are behind these rumors, it means that every player and ex coach voicing concern are liars and pawns.

Man that's hilarious. The guy who's doing that disliked that very post I just brought up. You couldn't make this up if you wanted.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I thought he had lost the team, but I now don't know. The players that have spoken against him don't like him but weren't overly passionate or upset. Just that he's a d*** and needs to connect better. But the players that are for him seem absolutely pissed and are going off. Preaching the Harsin mantra, getting on Twitter spaces, calling out softness, etc. The division is sad. No one should like to see young men divided.

No he didn't lose the ENTIRE team. Where he is screwed is he messed up how future recruits will look at the school though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

1)If the rumor is true, fire him now.

2)If he’s a racist fire him now.

3)If  the PTB think he’s incompetent, fire him now.

4) Put enough pressure on Harsin to get him quit.

Its to early to tell how it’s going to play out but the end results will be the same. Harsin will be gone soon, it’s just where things are headed regardless 

Probably, and I agree.

I'd like to see the results of the investigation being done. I don't know what is true, but it seems like a ton of ppl have quickly decided the allegations are now bull****. 

For weeks we've heard how bad it is inside the complex. How much of an a**hole Harsin is. How he can't connect with a lot of players, which is why recruiting is struggling. Now that's coming to light and the players are soft, liars, or the media is making it up bc there is an R word tagged to some of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man that's hilarious. The guy who's doing that disliked that very post I just brought up. You couldn't make this up if you wanted.

Trying to tag cancel culture to a floundering football coach is absolutely hilarious