Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

52 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think folks are passing blame on boosters when it falls squarely on social media, keyboard Warriors, and media sensationalism. 

And one can’t help but to point fingers at the coach himself regarding poor performance. 

Any idea what happened for AU to start an investigation.  Someone had to start the ball rolling and say... OK we need to investigate this. Question is who was that someone... I assuming it wasn't Allen Green

46 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Auburn will move on. 

Who is going to be the coach? I would question the sanity of a head coach who would take this job right now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Any idea what happened for AU to start an investigation.  Someone had to start the ball rolling and say... OK we need to investigate this. Question is who was that someone... I assuming it wasn't Allen Green

Million dollar question. Remember this started out as an inappropriate relationship issue then quickly morphed into an abuse issue. Some on here seem to think it is simply an internet rumor gone bad but I think we know there’s more to it than that. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think folks are passing blame on boosters when it falls squarely on social media, keyboard Warriors, and media sensationalism. 

And one can’t help but to point fingers at the coach himself regarding poor performance. 

Well when we blame these media and keyboard warriors, some of us get rebuffed and say it’s not their fault. They are only reporting what they hear. Sometimes wisdom should take place of impulsivity. I guess not though. I think there is a lot of power in words and even more power in what rhetoric you push especially if you have an audience. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not arguing but the Cupid shuffle with a whole group is call line dancing as in a line of people doing the same moves at the same time. 😊 But I’m glad you got the point. I don’t knock Saban anymore . He is smart and finds ways to get his players to do what he wants. He has players leave because they know the level of talent ahead of them but they know they were giving a fair chance and lost. Saban doesn’t play favorites. If Young quits winning game Saban will replace him in a heartbeat and every player on that team knows it. But atleast he is honest with them. I have no idea what happened but I’ll say this. Harsin hasn’t earned his keep. Gus was better than him.Just my honest opinion of what I have seen. He is like Gus in that he takes things personal. In the real world it’s about producing results. When I worked I can assure you my superiors were not going to be ok with me wasting a year and blowing millions and not accomplishing anything. Had Harsin shown signs of improvement then that would have been good. But honestly. Is their anyone on this board that feels that we will be better in our next season than we were this year? Do you think we brought in better talent than we lost? Do you think our schedule will get easier going forward? These are the things the Board and administration have to put their thought into. And if I was on that board I would conclude that Harsin did not show any improvement . In fact he has taken us back to 2012. Personally I think it’s time to cut our losses and move in. This isn’t about just some players getting their feeling hurt. This is about Auburn football future and right now we are trending well. 🙁

I’m going to agree to disagree.    This way more than just a coach not getting along with anyone.   This is a terrible look for the University in every way imaginable.    As much as I disagree with some on here, one thing is true, hiring a coach is a roll of the dice.   When you handicapped yourself by firing coaches after one year, you are never going to get a proven coach, if there is such a thing.

Exactly and it is quite evident in this very thread. It's amusing how many posts a few can make who don't know Jack Schmidt and only express opinions over and over with no knowledge of what is really going on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I find amusing is nobody had a problem with media when that wr coach was fired. It was funny. Now people are hurt. That's just called karma, I tried to point this out earlier in the year and had maybe 3 people support. It's funny and sad at the same time

Cole, I know u and I have had our back and forth, but I would like to know your opinion. I think I've read where u know current or past past players that have transferred.. My question is.... I don't mean to put words in your mouth , but it seems u think Harsin should be fired.. If not , please correct me.. But, if that's how u feel. Is it because what Harsin has done ( not the affair rumor), but the abuse, mistreatment,  etc....OR is it because Harsin will never have full support that's needed to win here because of the bad PR Auburn has and will receive over this..

A serious question. Do you think that the boosters fully supported Harsin from the beginning? Do you think he has any support from them now?

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably, and I agree.

I'd like to see the results of the investigation being done. I don't know what is true, but it seems like a ton of ppl have quickly decided the allegations are now bull****. 

For weeks we've heard how bad it is inside the complex. How much of an a**hole Harsin is. How he can't connect with a lot of players, which is why recruiting is struggling. Now that's coming to light and the players are soft, liars, or the media is making it up bc there is an R word tagged to some of it.

Hard to tell fact from fiction quite honestly.

The elephant in the room is the buyout. Are the PTB truly interested in finding out the truth?

Or are the just hoping to find cause so they won’t have to pay the buyout?

If they truly think he should be gone because of incompetence, it shows their lack of guts to just fire him now.

So what you're saying is that this didn't come from the boosters?

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I find amusing is nobody had a problem with media when that wr coach was fired. It was funny. Now people are hurt. That's just called karma, I tried to point this out earlier in the year and had maybe 3 people support. It's funny and sad at the same time

The WR coach was FIRED. He serves at the pleasure of the head coach and he wasn't getting the job done, those are the terms of his employment. Just because people get fired isn't a call to arms...especially if they deserve it for lack of performance.

This whole goat rodeo appears to have come from a booster with an agenda spreading what appear now to be circumstantial fabrications to a complicit media. 

If I'm correct, your idea of karma is pretty idiotic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Beaker said:

I fully believe bama pushed the Cam thing hard and fast as our game with them approached.   Once the Heisman award was given - it all went away.  Hmmmm.  -FACT

With the bama  DC in trouble and creating PR nightmare, them losing to thuga and Auburn sweeping them in MBB, I suspect bama is cranking out the rumors.  They have grads with journalism degrees all over.

That is my suspicion.  

@TitanTiger @Mitchie@rockfordpi

I did not say bama was to blame for Auburn's woes. I said bama is quick and can create more of a smokescreen than just about anyone.  

Below is a quote from Greg McElroy (who played QB at bama, who has a daily radio show of his own was on a regional (national ? ) show Thu spewing rumors.  The man got this trash published on the net Thur (Saturday Down South) and was on TWO  radio shows.    No where in the story  does McElroy state he has a source.  Not even a source!   So you want to tell me again how off base I am that their journalists can and will propagate trash at the drop of a hat (or text from someone in the REC)

People, I can read a forum and "gather" a lot.  Did McElroy even state he talked with a player or former player?  Nope, or a staffer or .....a source?   Nope.

“Based on what I’ve gathered, Austin Davis was unfit for the position and was going to be relieved of his duties if he didn’t step down,” McElroy, the ESPN commentator and WJOX co-host, said on “The Paul Finebaum Show.”

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yup, now we've got ppl organizing protests at Toomers tomorrow bc these allegations HAVE to be made up by PTB.

If you believe PTB are behind these rumors, it means that every player and ex coach voicing concern are liars and pawns.

I've seen what ex players have said. Haven't seen what ex coaches have said. Can u elaborate?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Cole, I know u and I have had our back and forth, but I would like to know your opinion. I think I've read where u know current or past past players that have transferred.. My question is.... I don't mean to put words in your mouth , but it seems u think Harsin should be fired.. If not , please correct me.. But, if that's how u feel. Is it because what Harsin has done ( not the affair rumor), but the abuse, mistreatment,  etc....OR is it because Harsin will never have full support that's needed to win here because of the bad PR Auburn has and will receive over this..

I don't think he should be fired unless he's been racist. I don't even think he should be fired for not fully embracing what most coaches do. I do think he's making it to be where we won't get the best players and eventually that will lead to his firing though.

I think we have to wait and see what's real and what's not. But I'm going to point out just blindly supporting one side and I'm going to call out the hypocrisy ofcertain outrage. I've actually been pretty adamant to leave Harsin alone and let him do what he wants and let's judge the results.

I'll NEVER support anybody racist or anybody that supports racism. I haven't seen anything to suggest Harsin is racist though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gman87 said:

The WR coach was FIRED. He serves at the pleasure of the head coach and he wasn't getting the job done, those are the terms of his employment. Just because people get fired isn't a call to arms...especially if they deserve it for lack of performance.

This whole goat rodeo appears to have come from a booster with an agenda spreading what appear now to be circumstantial fabrications to a complicit media. 

If I'm correct, your idea of karma is pretty idiotic.

No you're not correct. You are ignoring the details which is obviously your choice, but if details doesn't matter you probably shouldn't speak on it

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't think he should be fired unless he's been racist. I don't even think he should be fired for not fully embracing what most coaches do. I do think he's making it to be where we won't get the best players and eventually that will lead to his firing though.

I think we have to wait and see what's real and what's not. But I'm going to point out just blindly supporting one side and I'm going to call out the hypocrisy ofcertain outrage. I've actually been pretty adamant to leave Harsin alone and let him do what he wants and let's judge the results.

I'll NEVER support anybody racist or anybody that supports racism. I haven't seen anything to suggest Harsin is racist I

I'm not sure we will ever know what's truth from fiction. Just seems some player levels a complaint. Then another rebutts it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m going to agree to disagree.    This way more than just a coach not getting along with anyone.   This is a terrible look for the University in every way imaginable.    As much as I disagree with some on here, one thing is true, hiring a coach is a roll of the dice.   When you handicapped yourself by firing coaches after one year, you are never going to get a proven coach, if there is such a thing.

Agree. It is widely known AU is a complete wreck when it comes to the football program. Sprinkle in a few good years here and there, but the bottom line is, AU is the definition of mediocrity. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not sure we will ever know what's truth from fiction. Just seems some player levels a complaint. Then another rebutts it.

Well from interviews if there was anything racist at least people are going to have to give examples. There are ways of finding the truth in these situations but even if it's not proven somebody is going to have to offer more than he's racist. I haven't even seen anybody say he was racist but I guess some report did?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well from interviews if there was anything racist at least people are going to have to give examples. There are ways of finding the truth in these situations but even if it's not proven somebody is going to have to offer more than he's racist. I haven't even seen anybody say he was racist but I guess some report did?

It was brought up and it never should have unless someone has credible evidence. Thank you for setting an example on this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I've seen what ex players have said. Haven't seen what ex coaches have said. Can u elaborate?

It's been in articles and posts by various mods in pay sites.

Of course the people making these claims haven't had their identity revealed.

I don’t believe Dr. Gouge would have made the statement about the investigation if there weren’t something to investigate. We need to just wait and see what the findings are. I do think if he can’t be fired for cause a buyout should be negotiated. He is deadman walking at this point. I don’t think there is any coming back from this where he can be effective as the head coach. I just hate that has all been aired so publicly on social media.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you're not correct. You are ignoring the details which is obviously your choice, but if details doesn't matter you probably shouldn't speak on it

Would you specify the details you're referring to? If it's about Corn all I know is our WRs couldn't catch a cold in Antarctica with him as their lead and they got marginally better after he left.

If you're referring to disgruntled players leaving, while I don't personally know any of them (or remaining players) or Harsin, I have reasonable powers of observation and from comments from players for AND against Harsin, it seems pretty straightforward. What it boils down to IMO, is Harsin treats everyone in drill sergeant mode, works their *** off to get better, doesn't fluff their ego or try and be their buddy, which isn't what they signed into with Gus, who was very into being their buddy and not working them hard...which is why we didn't have the toughness to win big games (or even put away puff teams sometimes).

That doesn't have anything to do with racism...which seems to be the allegation de jur, contrarily, it has to do with holding every person to the same high standard, working their ** off to get better and instill a toughness we haven't had for a LONG time. Which is kind of the exact opposite.

We didn't hire Harsin to be their Madden 2022 buddy, we hired him to win football games...which wasn't going to be a magic turnaround that probably some people expected.

• Like 5

This crisis is not the media’s fault, and it doesn’t look like it stated with boosters. It began warming when Derek Mason walked away, and it accelerated when players started commenting. 

So it is not artificial. The sex rumor is just a distraction unless there’s something to it. The issue is, lots of employees are leaving the firm, and others are saying it’s working conditions. When that happens, the board has to decide what to do about the CEO.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, provibe said:

It was brought up and it never should have unless someone has credible evidence. Thank you for setting an example on this.

Right and that goes for EVERYBODY. And it goes for all things NOT just racism. Nobody should be reporting anything unless there is some form of evidence. 

It's not pick and choose, it's actually law

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right and that goes for EVERYBODY. And it goes for all things NOT just racism. Nobody should be reporting anything unless there is some form of evidence. 

It's not pick and choose, it's actually law

Sensationalism and clicks rule the day. Facts and evidence be damned. Such is the new journalism. 

• Like 2