Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Will they be able to afford the buyout though?

Since nothing concrete has happened yet, I'm guessing these rumors will fade away and we won't be talking about them soon. Reminds me of a few years ago when a beat writer completely made up a story about Gus accepting a reduced buyout for no reason.

He did not make up that story, it was fed it to him from someone with an agenda, though it was never true. 

3 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

I have been reading this forum for years, but never made an account. I decided to make one today because of how pissed off I am with what has happened over the past few days.

The behavior of SOME of our fanbase and the behavior of SOME of our donors has been an absolute disgrace. Its this BS why the Auburn fanbase has a bad reputation. Its this BS why if Harsin leaves most of the good coaches won't want to come here. 

When you hire a new coach you have to give him a chance. PERIOD. Typically that chance lasts 3 years, but if things are going really bad it may only be 2 years. But at a MINIMUM you give a coach 2 years. If you morons run this coach off after 1 year, it will be a black eye on our school and no decent coach will want to come here. PERIOD.

My opinion of Harsin is that I like some things about him, but I also have some concerns. I've seen some of the instability and transfers in the off season. The truth is that I don't know if he's the right guy or not, BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. September 3rd I'll be there cheering for him and hoping he succeeds. He'll either get it done or he won't. But you have to give him a chance.

The thing that pisses is me off is its usually the dumbest and most negative fans who are the loudest. A lot of them hated Harsin from the start and have been backstabbing him ever since. Also, I think its interesting that many of these same people are the ones who wanted to bench Nix for TJ Finley. Just goes to show how much these morons know about football. But they are always the loudest. Well, thats why I'm making an account. Its time for the silent majority to speak up.

The thing that sucks is this has already damaged our reputation and made it harder for Harsin going forward. The best we can hope for is that this rallies the team and we can go forward with a unified purpose. For you negative people out there, I suggest you focus on basketball until the season starts.

I look forward to interacting with some you in better circumstances. War Eagle.

Harsin had done plenty of damage to Harsin before any of this crap popped up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Here's the reality, If Nix hadn't got hurt we would have won 8 or 9 games last year and none of this would be happening. I know Harsin is a hardass. Thats just his personality Some people like it and some people don't, but it was something our program needed. We needed more discipline and structure here after the Gus years.

Like I said in my original post, I'm not sure if Harsin will get it done or not, but you have to give him a chance. If you guys run him off or sabotage him after only 1 year we will turn into Tennessee or FSU. No decent coach will come to a school where they don't even give the coach 2 years. Its a bad look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

I have been reading this forum for years, but never made an account. I decided to make one today because of how pissed off I am with what has happened over the past few days.

The behavior of SOME of our fanbase and the behavior of SOME of our donors has been an absolute disgrace. Its this BS why the Auburn fanbase has a bad reputation. Its this BS why if Harsin leaves most of the good coaches won't want to come here. 

When you hire a new coach you have to give him a chance. PERIOD. Typically that chance lasts 3 years, but if things are going really bad it may only be 2 years. But at a MINIMUM you give a coach 2 years. If you morons run this coach off after 1 year, it will be a black eye on our school and no decent coach will want to come here. PERIOD.

My opinion of Harsin is that I like some things about him, but I also have some concerns. I've seen some of the instability and transfers in the off season. The truth is that I don't know if he's the right guy or not, BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. September 3rd I'll be there cheering for him and hoping he succeeds. He'll either get it done or he won't. But you have to give him a chance.

The thing that pisses is me off is its usually the dumbest and most negative fans who are the loudest. A lot of them hated Harsin from the start and have been backstabbing him ever since. Also, I think its interesting that many of these same people are the ones who wanted to bench Nix for TJ Finley. Just goes to show how much these morons know about football. But they are always the loudest. Well, thats why I'm making an account. Its time for the silent majority to speak up.

The thing that sucks is this has already damaged our reputation and made it harder for Harsin going forward. The best we can hope for is that this rallies the team and we can go forward with a unified purpose. For you negative people out there, I suggest you focus on basketball until the season starts.

Whether he stays or goes depends 100% on outcome of the investigation. 

1 minute ago, au4life77 said:

Here's the reality, If Nix hadn't got hurt we would have won 8 or 9 games last year and none of this would be happening. I know Harsin is a hardass. Thats just his personality Some people like it and some people don't, but it was something our program needed. We needed more discipline and structure here after the Gus years.

Like I said in my original post, I'm not sure if Harsin will get it done or not, but you have to give him a chance. If you guys run him off or sabotage him after only 1 year we will turn into Tennessee or FSU. No decent coach will come to a school where they don't even give the coach 2 years. Its a bad look.

Maybe so, and Harsin ran Nix off along with a good portion of the rest of the team. 

Gus left this team hurting on talent. You don't hire a guy who does not prioritize recruiting, vets players like a Fortune 500 CEO before even talking to them and does nothing to sell the program when you are already behind. At the rate Harsin is working, it would take the guy 5 or more seasons to even get his head above water and he won't get that kind of time. 

I agree with you, he should get a chance to make it work...but being a hardass in this league is fine, if you can recruit. If you can't recruit, see Sylvester Croom. 

• Like 2

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

Everyone keeps saying if Bo didnt get hurt we would have won more games. But look over the fact that Bo left for a reason. A legacy qb that would have been the starter again this year. Why leave? What happened?

Competition coming?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

Great first post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Everyone keeps saying if Bo didnt get hurt we would have won more games.

Because it's true. We are a 9 W team with Bo Nix and I bet he doesn't transfer if he isn't injured

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Whether he stays or goes depends 100% on outcome of the investigation. 

This is probably true, but the damage has already been done. Everyone knows whats going on here with the investigation. So either you run Harsin off and no decent coach will want to come here, or he stays but is damaged. This is a no win situation. Congratulations. This was real smart.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

This is probably true, but the damage has already been done. Everyone knows whats going on here with the investigation. So either you run Harsin off and no decent coach will want to come here, or he stays but is damaged. This is a no win situation. Congratulations. This was real smart.

If there is a real chance of “for cause” problems you have to investigate, you have no choice.

11 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Everyone keeps saying if Bo didnt get hurt we would have won more games. But look over the fact that Bo left for a reason. A legacy qb that would have been the starter again this year. Why leave? What happened?

Partially the same fan base fueling this witch-hunt but what do I know  

14 hours ago, Didba said:

Have you put me on ignore (test guys)

She's something else isn't she? She will be telling us that Bear Bryant just happened to be in Dallas recruiting a player the day JFK was assassinated. In her eyes, Auburn does NOTHING wrong and EVERY bad thing that has ever happened at Auburn is due to the REC, ESPN, Paul Finebaum, Saban, etc. all conspiring to keep Auburn down. Oh yeah, she hates every coach not named Gus Malzahn and will come at you for bringing any positivity to this current team or saying anything good about Harsin. There's a few on here like that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

Why I stated in a previous post the only way this is good for Auburn is holding those accountable that should be

4 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

I have so many thoughts. Let me get this out of the way first.

What is happening on twitter and other media is disgusting..  Regardless of if the rumors or true or not, doxing and dragging a young woman through the mud who you do not know, who herself is not a public figure...is wrong.

While on one hand I think he has created a toxic culture at Auburn and would like a change that means the PTB wins and I would hate that. I hate how the PTB pull Auburn down because their egos won't allow anyone else to have any say so. All they want is a 'good ole boy' who will do whatever they say. Auburn needs a strong personality coach who will do what he needs to do to get the job done, someone who has free reign over parts of the job. 

I do not know how many people make up the boosters/PTB but they need to be ousted by people who will not create this kind of division. 

You know why basketball is flourishing right now? It is because PTB do not care about basketball and are not trying to control every aspect of it. 

Basketball is flourishing because of Bruce Pearl! The PTB never cared about basketball, and it has never flourished the way it is now.

28 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

Here's the reality, If Nix hadn't got hurt we would have won 8 or 9 games last year and none of this would be happening.

THEN MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE RAN HIM OFF OMG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Why I stated in a previous post the only way this is good for Auburn is holding those accountable that should be

I'm not an insider. I don't know which donors are the ones causing trouble. All I do know is that, for as long as I can remember, Auburn donors have been causing problems. We all remember jetgate. We all remember some of their shenanigans in the 90s. Looks like no one learned their lesson and we are going back to this BS. Seems like some of them have more money than brains. Its very tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Are you calling Bo Nix a legacy QB? He's already been forgotten as far as I'm concerned.  He would have been the default starter this year only because Auburn didn't have a back up plan at qb.

1 minute ago, au4life77 said:

I'm not an insider. I don't know which donors are the ones causing trouble. All I do know is that, for as long as I can remember, Auburn donors have been causing problems. We all remember jetgate. We all remember some of their shenanigans in the 90s. Looks like no one learned their lesson and we are going back to this BS. Seems like some of them have more money than brains. Its very tiresome.

Exactly 

47 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Why can’t everyone understand this?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Did you watch the Ga State game? Not sure the Bo-Auburn relationship was ever going to recover from that. 

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

She's something else isn't she? She will be telling us that Bear Bryant just happened to be in Dallas recruiting a player the day JFK was assassinated. In her eyes, Auburn does NOTHING wrong and EVERY bad thing that has ever happened at Auburn is due to the REC, ESPN, Paul Finebaum, Saban, etc. all conspiring to keep Auburn down. Oh yeah, she hates every coach not named Gus Malzahn and will come at you for bringing any positivity to this current team or saying anything good about Harsin. There's a few on here like that. 

She is easily my least favorite poster.

• Like 1