Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

24 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

Bo fulfilled his dream and his commitment to AU.. He went to AU and he graduated from AU which is what college is all about. After college, people move on to their careers and livelihood. Bo cut the emotional ties and made the decision that he thought would give him the most future value. I think he made the correct call. For all of us, it is about emotion, for him it could mean the difference between possibly playing in the NFL for millions or working at a bank. Ones love for AU only goes so far and it should be a two-way street.

I do not blame him for wanting showcase his skills to the NFL with a team that had an OL that could block for him and receivers who could catch the ball and as opposed to playing another year at a school with a revolving door of OC's, where the OL could not protect him and the receivers could not catch, and the fanatics in the fan base still BLAMED him for everything (as I read it he was only playing because of who his daddy was, he really was not the best QB AU had, or so say the fanatics.

But at Auburn he had the Fanatics that actually believed he has a NFL talent level, and passed a bunch of blame to others as you mentioned. He won't get that anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I honestly don’t think a&m, bama and others are following any rules to the letter concerning NIL. I would bet that the boosters at most of the schools that recruited well, supported their coaches(under the table or not) better than our boosters supported Harsin. Just my opinion of course!

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bo should have been your example.  As a legacy and 5* QB. Multi year stater, feel like getting a tea deal was kinda weak.

Anyone know when Harsin gets back from vacation?

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Read Jimbos recent NIL rant. And Saban has weighed in as well. I don't think any coach with confidence likes it.

Jimbo’s rant is because he doesn’t like the optics being presented that the only way he was able to  sign that top class was with NIL deals, not with NIL itself.  

Saban’s mad because now all he was doing is legal and in the open and everyone can do it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s pretty good. Only took you 10 minutes to come up with that one.

Sorry I don’t F5 this site every 5 seconds lol

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

College coaches are prohibited from brokering deals for college athletes.

College coaches are prohibited from doing dozens and dozens of things but do them anyways.

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

So even in this reply you are generalizing so essentially doing to the players what you have disdain towards it happening to Harsin. 

As far as Corn the wr got a little better because a little more experience and the QB became better with time as well. That's usually how it works. There are a bunch of our coaches that didn't perform, but even that is besides the point. The point is when this came out EVERYBODY started speaking and speculating to this man's intelligence, coaching ability, integrity and so on and so forth. There was a particular common rumor that was repeated over and over no evidence. Then it came out this was completely untrue. 

To me this is karma like I said. As far as the racism stuff none of the pictures posted here did any of those players claim Harsin to be a racist. We don't know where the claim has come from, but I do find it funny it's natural for most to say it's not racism no proof but then speculate that the players aren't tough and all of that.

I bunch of guys who didn't have what it takes to even play calling guys weak. When a bunch of these guys came from much tougher conditions than most on here typing.

The whole somebody yelling at you make you tougher is dumb in itself, the whole players aren't intelligent enough to differentiate a coach coaching them and racism is dumb as well. People automatically saying that without understanding what a relationship with a coach really is and how it affects the whole dynamic of coaching actually just shows how many literally are just talking and don't understand because they literally haven't been in that environment which still reciprocates all away around to the how can you be so upset about claims and yell for people that's not in the know to shut up when you're speaking to the other side of the situation of not knowing

1) I wasn't going to break down every individual players comments. What I said is what I read. The players that left, and have commented, said "in general" that Harsin is a demanding hardass and didn't try and get to know them on a personal level. The players "in general" staying have said that they wanted a good coach to make them better, and they think Harsin is that guy. If you see it different, I don't know why unless it's an errant comment from a single player that I missed in this whole cluster****.

2) Corn, the WRs were dropping balls that hit them dead in the hands and got marginally better after he left. I have no inside info on what went down there but at least they started catching the ball somewhat. That's an area where you have to give the HC the latitude to make a change if he deems it necessary. The HC and every other coach's job depends on success and if he sees it as a problem area then cut bait. Corn may be an awesome coach but in this instance, HC saw a reason to fire him. I don't see a HC doing that lightly so giving the benefit of doubt to Harsin for sure.

3) The only thing that remotely approached someone calling Harsin racist was the comment from Smoke saying he's from the north and I'm from the south and from the hood and Harsin didn't "get" him, and Lee Hunter saying Harsin treated him like a dog. Those could be construed as insinuating racism for someone trying to twist it into the conversation. There are different type of motivations and coaches, some use carrots and sticks, do what I say and get a carrot, don't and get the stick. I contend the disgruntled guys didn't want to work or listen to get the carrot and didn't' like the stick. And on side note, you don't have to play football to be tough, there are tons of life experiences that require physical and mental toughness, especially if you aren't a gifted athlete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Thanks for mansplaining to a man.

Tbqh I didn't know your gender, but would have said that exact same thing to man or woman. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Tbqh I didn't know your gender, but would have said that exact same thing to man or woman. 

Do you think everyone on here is a moron and don’t know basics about college football?  Some of us have been talking ball on these boards for over a decade and know exactly how things work, and by some I mean like most of us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin had done plenty of damage to Harsin before any of this crap popped up.

Such as? It's easy to throw these vague one liners out there that may sound worse than what they are. 

My 2 cents is he did 2 things that made me mad, went for it on 4th down on our own 35 in the first half while we were WINNING. I think the other was a fake punt which was a laughably poorly executed play.

Some things he did right were we actually looked competent in a couple of games and the guys that played seemed to play hard, even when the OC and DC were not doing the best job.

I consider recruiting a push, he didn't do what we needed but there are so many factors involved in that I think it's only fair to give him 2 years to get that on track.

So what damage are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Do you think everyone on here is a moron and don’t know basics about college football?  Some of us have been talking ball on these boards for over a decade and know exactly how things work, and by some I mean like most of us.

Congrats?

If you know how things work idk why make a point that coached follow rules 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Congrats?

If you know how things work idk why make a point that coached follow rules 

You have some major communication problems, I hope for you some day you can work them out.

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

This.... if there is a rule to be

broken.. they will break it 😆

Hey pal, have you talked football for decades?!!?!?

• Haha 2