2023 Men's Recruiting Thread

Dunndone414

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That guy has a heavy auburn bias and air balled Caleb to Auburn 

Didn't multiple recruiting people do that though? I saw from multiple people on my timeline saying Caleb was coming to AU.

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Didn't multiple recruiting people do that though? I saw from multiple people on my timeline saying Caleb was coming to AU.

Yeah there’s not many auburn folks with good, if any, recruiting connections 😂

• Like 1

There’s no way Pearl doesn’t swing until the bat breaks for another stud forward though. The 4 has seemingly been the position he’s had the highest quality of ideal recruit as of late. I’d think between Chuma and Jabari, it starts recruiting itself but we’ll see 

@ellitornice to have you around. Any sense yet of our plans for 2023? I guess it’s way too early to know how many spots we have, especially with the portal. Would be nice to land Yates or Walter at SG, at least. 

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 Men's Recruiting Thread
  • ellitor pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

@ellitornice to have you around. Any sense yet of our plans for 2023? I guess it’s way too early to know how many spots we have, especially with the portal. Would be nice to land Yates or Walter at SG, at least. 

There may be but I want to fill out our roster for this class including transfers before looking to 2023. We could still have 3-4 more spots to fill in this class before all is said & done.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tiger720 said:

Do you know what two transfers that have set visits and what ACC big man is Auburn interested in?

Stevenson (sp?) and Murray 

Manny Bates if Kessler leaves- NC State transfer portal I think 

Edited by toddc

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Collier is mostly interested in USC, UCLA, FSU, Auburn and possibly some other schools (247 info).

Missouri just hired Collier’s recruiter at FSU (Charlton Young). 

• Like 1

Collier would be a huge get a big PG 6'3" who is a great facilitator and very good on ball defender. I hope we really have a chance to get him.

• Like 1

2024 kid, but wow, just wow!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My brother has advised me many times as I get excited about possible recruits, many times, and I concur .....

A list is nice. A long list is, well, okay, but it's still just a list.

The only -- ONLY -- thing that matters is who actually signs on the dotted line. Talk to me then.

Go CBP! Get em!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 2:39 PM, AUreo said:

I think Collier has to be a top target to replace Zep once he graduates. Pearl has done so well in Georgia in the past and he's one of the top remaining players in Georgia for this cycle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

Auburn have two elite 6'10" big men visiting next month in the 2023 class. 

https://www.on3.com/college/auburn-tigers/basketball/2023/visits/

That has Auburn at greater than 50% for 3 centers. I wouldn't think we'd be taking more than 1...I mean, we'll have Broome and Cardwell already...

47 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That has Auburn at greater than 50% for 3 centers. I wouldn't think we'd be taking more than 1...I mean, we'll have Broome and Cardwell already...

Supposedly Baye Falls is better than both. If he wants to come, I don't see Pearl saying no.

49 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

They all don't have to play the 5. Diop, in particular can be a match up nightmare at a number of positions as he has played at PG a lot. So can Butler who's a stretch 4 more than anything.

Also between the 4 & 5 we may only have 1-2 players return for the 2023-24 season. Jaylin & Dylan could easily move on looking for a place where they can be a starter, especially in Dylan's case where he is facing being behind Broome the rest of his college career.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger720 said:

Supposedly Baye Falls is better than both.

Also the only true C of the 3.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 10:30 AM, Dunndone414 said:

Seems like it might be nice to have a list of the guys we know we're recruiting in the 2023 class. Obviously guys with recent visits are our most likely commits, but the attention of being #1 may continue to get us into the mix with new targets. I included Evans because he's a monster target and he had nice things to say about us recently, but at this point it's probably a long shot unless we get him on campus. Others have suggested Collier may no longer be a realistic option, but he's visited a few times and felt worth including since he's still uncommitted. 

C - Jordan Butler (#47, #6 C); visited 1/22/22

F - Kwame Evans Jr. (#2, #1 PF) 

F - Brandon Gardner (#72, #9 PF); visited 2/1/22

SG - Elijah Fisher (#17, #1 SG)

SG - Ja'Kobe Walter (#26, #3 SG); visited 1/22/22

SG - Wesley Yates (#33, #6 SG); visited 1/29/22

PG - Isaiah Collier (#19, #5 PG); visited 6/1/21

PG - Aden Holloway (#48, #10 PG); visited 2/1/22

Reviving this thread. Pretty quiet as far as news on our 2023 activities, but some updates on targets. 

We’ve made the final lists for 4 top 15 recruits, but don’t seem like the top contender for any of them at this time. Those are Ron Holland, Isaiah Collier, Kwame Evans and Justin Edwards. Collier seems to favor UCLA or Cincy, Evans is a heavy Oregon lean, and Edwards’ top contenders seem to be UK or UT. Experts haven’t said much on Holland, and we just offered this week. 

Of our previous targets, Elijah Fisher is set to commit to Texas Tech today, and Ja’Kobe Walter is picking up CB’s to Baylor. 

Staff continues to spend a lot of time on Wesley Yates. Really want him. 

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

Reviving this thread. Pretty quiet as far as news on our 2023 activities, but some updates on targets. 

We’ve made the final lists for 4 top 15 recruits, but don’t seem like the top contender for any of them at this time. Those are Ron Holland, Isaiah Collier, Kwame Evans and Justin Edwards. Collier seems to favor UCLA or Cincy, Evans is a heavy Oregon lean, and Edwards’ top contenders seem to be UK or UT. Experts haven’t said much on Holland, and we just offered this week. 

Of our previous targets, Elijah Fisher is set to commit to Texas Tech today, and Ja’Kobe Walter is picking up CB’s to Baylor. 

Staff continues to spend a lot of time on Wesley Yates. Really want him. 

We should have some big visits coming up, so expect more news soon, I would think. 

• Thanks 1