Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 fouls now on Kessler, miss state makes both fts 40-28 AU at half Kessler just not the same with whatever is going on with his shoulder 

• Like 2

This is what we needed.  I like the Zep/ Wen combo on floor together.  Never know which is PG and SG on a given series.  Zep freaking Jasper unleashed again. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

This is what we needed.  I like the Zep/ Wen combo on floor together.  Never know which is PG and SG on a given series.  Zep freaking Jasper unleashed again. 

I hope zep sees the past few games as a reason to not be hesitant to shoot, he can be an X factor on offense in march 

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I've seen a lot of top tier guards go and not have that major impact,  just don't know how u can pass on a guy that can bring Durant like impact 

No doubt.  It's been a while since we've seen a kid that young with an NBA jumpshot. So smooth. Just wait until he gets aggressive going to the basket. Ouch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

3 fouls now on Kessler, miss state makes both fts 40-28 AU at half Kessler just not the same with whatever is going on with his shoulder 

Unless statbroadcast is wrong (which it might be) Kessler only has 2 fouls. Still a very stupid foul to take at the end of the half.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

No doubt.  It's been a while since we've seen a kid that young with an NBA jumpshot. So smooth. Just wait until he gets aggressive going to the basket. Ouch

Jabari is a guy, u hone him in at the professional level, he's a future hall of fame imo 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Unless statbroadcast is wrong (which it might be) Kessler only has 2 fouls. Still a very stupid foul to take at the end of the half.

Maybe they changed it, who knows, it's hard to keep up lol

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Maybe they changed it, who knows, it's hard to keep up lol

It might be or they'll mysteriously give him 2 extra fouls at half.

Wish Kessler was getting some points...

Zep/Flan have 9 pts on 7 shots (Zep really), so we're likely to get past 10 from these 2.  

Hope Jabari can pick up the slack from Kessler's slump.

Come out hot for at least the first 5-10 min; no flat spots please.

• Like 2

Getting killed on the offensive boards again, and shooting less than 50% from the line. That's the bad. The good is we are up 12 and shooting well....but should we be up more? Can we shoot that well in the 2nd half? If we have one of our typical road-halves of basketball, and Ms st continues their success in the paint, I'm not sure a 12pt lead will be enough.

Don't give them hope at the beginning of this half and we get an easy win. 

• Like 1

Kessler is not right with the shoulder tonight. Up 12 I would sit him and get stretch some minutes. We can’t risk him hurting it worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Kessler is not right with the shoulder tonight. Up 12 I would sit him and get stretch some minutes. We can’t risk him hurting it worse. 

Stretch is redshirting. He won't see the court.

• Like 1

Stretch is redshirting. He won't see the court.

Smart move with us probably losing the starting front court. 

Devin Cambridge's sister had Vandy's first triple double in their win in the SEC tournament.

Wow! I didn't realize that was his sister. Awesome!!!

I wish we still had that 19 point lead.   We’re going to have to stay hot shooting because we’re not winning the boards or the paint tonight.   😞

• Like 1

A lot of talk about Kessler not scoring but in his last triple-double he had 2 points with about 8 minutes left in the game. He can still score a good bit, he might not be right with the shoulder injury but I don't think it's anything big.

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

Wow! I didn't realize that was his sister. Awesome!!!

I only know cause I saw her in a Instagram story earlier in the season.