The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

tgrogan21

42 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hopefully for this young man he will be far enough away from his Dad that he can just play ball.

• Like 1

Just saw that Powell ended up at Wa. St. I hope he is the next coming of Klay Thompson for them or if nothing else that he gets healthy and deals with the family micromanaging issues. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/07/ncaa-basketball-transfers-emoni-bates-pete-nance

edit: just saw that 2 of you beat me too it. I thought I looked at the end of the thread 1st, but apparently not.

Edited by HAPvsOA

How is he immediately eligible? NCAA rules state that a player gets one transfer without sitting out a year and any transfers after that require the old sit-out year.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the blaming his dad stuff is over blown. I don't know what will come from this but the main thing is he has to learn how to play against a high level of competition and he needs to improve on being able to shoot accurately off screens and such because he can't create separation off the dribble. Or get better at that but I don't see that happening.