4 star WR Karmello English Decommits from Auburn

Sizzle

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The kid called us "University of Auburn" a few times in his tweet and doesn't know "their" from "there" but that seems to be 75% of students these days. It sucks that he decommited but if he isn't smart enough to understand "Auburn University" and "their" then maybe it's a good thing we don't get him because he would struggle learning a new playbook. WDE

I'm a stickler when it comes to grammar but that was taking it a little too far...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Exactly there’s not one guy on that WR depth chart that should scare any WR recruit from coming here. He probably looked at the QB’s throwing them the ball and was like “nope”

And the OL protecting that QB ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well there are plenty of open spots that is for sure. I don’t think we even used all of our scholarships last year. I imagine if we could take six OL Today we would. 

We did use them all last year. 17 for high school/JUCO guys and the balance on transfers.

That doesn't really matter. The NCAA has done away with the 25 annual limit this year so there is no effective limit. Except, a team cannot exceed the overall 85 limit. 85 won't be a problem at Auburn under any rational scenario. I expect we could have slots for 35 or more new guys when the dust settles after the season is over.

It's a shame in this year when there is no practical limit that we can't find enough kids to have a pickup basketball game.

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Looking into what happened. It sucks but slot WR is low on our needs list and we're about to pickup another 4* commitment at receiver.

Also, I'm tired of us having so little success in the Columbus/Phenix City recruiting area. We need some wins there almost as bad as we need wins on the field.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Also, I'm tired of us having so little success in the Columbus/Phenix City recruiting area. We need some wins there almost as bad as we need wins on the field.

I grew up near a few colleges that were just an hour or so away tops, but chose Auburn for a number of reasons. One of which was it being a new place further from home.

I've always wondered if athletes view it the same way? I'd think they'd want to play near their family, but that's something I've always thought about when we miss out on local kids. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I grew up near a few colleges that were just an hour or so away tops, but chose Auburn for a number of reasons. One of which was it being a new place further from home.

I've always wondered if athletes view it the same way? I'd think they'd want to play near their family, but that's something I've always thought about when we miss out on local kids. 

You are quite correct. Some may simply want to get away from home. I know I did at age 17.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

That or stop wasting our time with programs that are obviously so toxic towards us they push kids to not go here.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

We have NEVER had a lot of success recruiting from the area, especially from Central in Phenix City. The area is a THUGA and bammer cess pool. I have family and friends in the area and have spent a LOT of time there. Which car dealership in Columbus repo'd Travis Carroll's truck? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:11 AM, gr82b4au said:

It is what it is at the moment. We are in Vandy territory when it comes to recruiting. Dead last in the SEC at the moment… let that sink in. 
And before anybody says that he was a grade risk, we knew that when we took his commitment. 
Honestly we are about to receive another commitment from a wide receiver who is good, but as a whole this perception is terrible. We only have seven commitments with three months left to recruit.

We publicly put our coach on the hot seat for a few malcontents and kill our recruiting for both 2022(transfers) and 2023. We have the dumbest group of money people, along with the worst fanbase, in all of sports. It will only be kids that truly love Auburn committing to this staff at this point. Maybe if we win 8 or more things will change, but the dumb dumbs are trying to turn us into Nebraska and it's working.

• Dislike 1