5* CG Aden Holloway signs with AU

toddc

• 2 months later...

Basketball guys don’t always sign on the first day of the signing period like football guys do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Should be interesting how they balance out him, Tre and Wendell 

I don’t think Tre will ever seriously be in our rotation at AU once the schedule turns to games of consequence. Especially next season with Wen and Aden.

Edited by GwillMac6

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don’t think Tre will ever seriously be in our rotation at AU once the schedule turns to games of consequence. Especially next season with Wen and Aden.

I think his defense and playmaking talent is too good for me to agree with that assessment, but it’s definitely gonna be a minute crunch for someone 

• Like 1

Always need 3 primary ball handlers on the roster at one time. PG1 and PG2 and then a guy to run the show when there's foul trouble. I suspect we will see Wendell and Holloway handle the 1 spot primarily next season although I have been pleasently surprised with Donaldson so far. He seems to pick his spots, looks to run the O, and is under control for the most part. Of course when the competition ramps up we will see how he reacts but he's been solid so far in his role IMO 

• Like 1

Great to get him officially on the team. He looks to be a dynamic PG.  We should actually have a pretty good team assuming all the non-senior players return.

Holloway, Tre, Green at PG

Westry, KD, Green at SG

Westry, Moore at SF

Traore, Broome at PF

Cardwell, Broome at C

That is a 9 man rotation plus anybody else we pick up before next year. It is great we have multiple players who can play Multiple positions. Westry could also do PG but with addition of Holloway next year I think he will be more SG and SF.

I think Traore might have one and done talent but I believe he will need at least 2 years with Bruce to develop but Bruce has shown to develop players quickly during the season. 

We will lose Zep. Flanigan and Williams all are  good players but with development from others I don't think we will miss a beat. I almost missed Stretch. I could see Bruce bringing in one more HS player with potential but more of a Project type like Cardwell who has worked out well and at least 2 Portal types to fill out next years team.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Aden has been named a McDonald’s All-American. I believe he’s the 5th in Auburn history. 

I was super disappointed to see Bailey commit to Rutgers recently (and am hoping we still have a chance to flip). But when I saw that Aden was a Mickey D's All American today, I had a flash back to the Tony Barbee days and was reminded that I would have been beyond thrilled to get one of these, much less 5 MDAA's. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Auburn signee Aden Holloway named McDonald's All-American

3 hours ago

For the fifth time in Auburn history, the program can boast a McDonald's All-American.

Aden Holloway, the Tigers' lone commitment in this year's class, has been named to the 2023 McDonald's All-American roster, the organization announced Tuesday afternoon. A high 4-star recruit in the 247Sports Composite ratings, is ranked as the No. 6 point guard in the country.

He joins Jabari Smith, Sharife Cooper, Korvotney Barber and Frank Ford as Auburn's McDonald's All-American nods.

A North Carolina native, Holloway transferred from La Lumiere School in Indiana — where Auburn’s Wendell Green Jr. finished his high-school career — to Prolific Prep in California for his senior year.

Holloway received a ratings bump by 247Sports in January that moved him into the top 30 in the Composite, now ranked as the No. 27 player in the country.

"I just clicked right from the first visit," Holloway said after committing to Auburn last August. "I felt that connection between us (him and Bruce Pearl). Auburn is an amazing place with amazing people. (Pearl) said to me, he told me what my role is going to be. He is going to put the ball in my hands and let me be me and just play. He said his plan is that, however it goes is up to me. He’s putting the ball in my hands and giving me an opportunity to succeed.”

Holloway is the fifth-highest rated player to ever sign with Auburn, behind Smith, Cooper, Yohan Traore and Mustapha Heron.

8COMMENTS

“Auburn has become a place where fast, quick, creative guards have flourished," Pearl said when Holloway signed. "Aden is a special winner. He has a high basketball IQ and the unique ability to create for himself and others. People just love playing with him.” 

Check out the full list of 2023 McDonald's All-Americans here.

• Love 1

Yay!!! I can have an interest in the game again.  Do they still air the skills competition on TV??

Also interested in watching Reed Sheppard.  He is unfortunately signed to KY, but he was a big deal all last year in state of KY news cycles.

I wish Bruce would get on board with '25 Jasper Johnson 6-3 Combo Guard out of Woodford County HS in KY.  Kid is a baller, and one of those you want to have the ball with the game on the line.  Starting to get major offers on visits.  Bama, Louisville, to name a couple, but he's got more. #1CG in KY for that class.

He scored 41 points in a game in December, including 24 in the 4th quarter in a comeback effort to win that game by 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What’s his expected role this year?

@TAYLORKEETON Can't answer that question til we know the make up of next year's roster and that's very much in flux right now.

• Like 1

I like to see this! I’ve been hearing some saying he didn’t play well on the circuit.

Edited by toddc

11 hours ago, toddc said:

I like to see this! I’ve been hearing some saying he didn’t play well on the circuit.

@toddc he played well overall. I’m just relaying that a reporter said he shot in the low 30 percentages on three-point shots. If true, I wouldn’t expect him to be a three point marksman early in his career at least as some, hoping he will be.

ALL AMERICAN game tomorrow at 9pmET. 3 point and Dunk tonight.  Kentucky getting a great one in Reed Sheppard. Lights out 3 point shooter.  Actually came in 2nd behind a Duke signee that scored 27 points!!! Anyways Aden plays tomorrow.  

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 4* PG Aden Holloway Committs to AU

Hey.  He can make the ISO 3 at the buzzer!!

• Like 1