Glenn announces today

aubiefifty

Recruiting

Experts predict Big Ten future for Brock Glenn as Auburn 2023 QB target announces commitment date

Published: Jul. 29, 2022, 10:58 a.m.

4-star Tennessee quarterback Brock Glenn on June visit to Auburn.

By

Nick Alvarez | nalvarez@al.com

Brock Glenn is ready to make his decision.

The 2023 quarterback, whose first name is Auburn after his grandfather, will reveal his commitment tomorrow afternoon. Auburn joins Florida State, Ohio State, TCU and LSU among the finalists. Glenn’s announcement will air live at 3 p.m. CST on the 247Sports YouTube channel.

The Lausanne (Tenn.) Collegiate four-star is ranked as the country’s No. 335 prospect and 17th quarterback on the 247Sports composite. As the cycle’s big-name quarterbacks found homes, multiple programs pivoted to Glenn as one of the last premier throwers in the class. Louisiana State and the Buckeyes offered in June, while the rest of his top five have had a persistent line of communication with Glenn.

Glenn seemed poise to join Bryan Harsin’s group after a strong pair of offseason visits. Glenn’s coaches told AL.com that an April trip was eye-opening for Glenn. Momentum shifted toward Mike Norvell and FSU, however, earlier this month with a pair of Crystal Ball predictions coming in after Chris Parson decommitted, seemingly opening up a spot for Glenn. Yesterday, though, saw another shift as evaluators started linking Glenn to Ryan Day and Ohio State.

Both 247Sports and On3′s directors of recruiting have the Buckeyes as the favorites as Glenn’s commitment looms. Auburn currently has five recruits this cycle, but no quarterback. On Wednesday, the Tigers added Florida defensive lineman Wilky Denaud.

More on Brock Glenn: 2023 QB and Auburn target Brock Glenn has ‘face of the program’ potential

Nick Alvarez is a reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @nick_a_alvarez or email him at NAlvarez@al.com.

18 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I know some were melting over this kid, but there are OTHER options out there.  

FIFY. He's going to be a great QB for someone

5 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Based on what?

What was your assertion of there being better targets out there based upon?

I referee here in the Memphis area and had his scrimmage Thursday night against Briarcrest.  He definitely has the arm and his speed is very deceptive. I am sure there are others better, but he will be a good D1 QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

What was your assertion of there being better targets out there based upon?

Elite 11 performance.  Stats are disappointing for 2A competition.  His mechanics look like he needs a ton of work.   

7 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Elite 11 performance.  Stats are disappointing for 2A competition.  His mechanics look like he needs a ton of work.   

He’s 2A (out of 3 divisions) in TN private schools. It’s not the same as most other states. 

I read a writeup on the Elite 11 a while back it said he was off on the 1st day then came on really well after that. May have been nerves as he was a late addition.

54 minutes ago, causeyjt said:

He’s 2A (out of 3 divisions) in TN private schools. It’s not the same as most other states. 

I know.  And it is small, I think sub 400 enrollment.   

• Thanks 1

So he's chosen Ohio State. Something is wrong with this picture. Whether it's personalities, NIL money or whatever AU should do better than this. Legacy kids at a position of need who are good enough to get offers from other top schools shouldn't simply slip-slide away from The Plains.

Whitewash this as you choose, it's a kick in the pants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

this is all i know and have seen.

Not a pretty video

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

So he's chosen Ohio State. Something is wrong with this picture. Whether it's personalities, NIL money or whatever AU should do better than this. Legacy kids at a position of need who are good enough to get offers from other top schools shouldn't simply slip-slide away from The Plains.

Whitewash this as you choose, it's a kick in the pants.

Legacy or no legacy. He chose what’s best for him. How many “legacy” players turn out to be as good or better than their parents/ grandparents? I cannot recall 1. This legacy thing is overhyped, IMO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Legacy or no legacy. He chose what’s best for him. How many “legacy” players turn out to be as good or better than their parents/ grandparents? I cannot recall 1. This legacy thing is overhyped, IMO

Well then, forget the legacy part and let's just say that we got out-recruited for a kid with Auburn ties. 

Well then, forget the legacy part and let's just say that we got out-recruited for a kid with Auburn ties. 

It is what it is. Watcha going to do? Can’t keep crying over spilled milk. Going through a change, especially  unwanted by higher ups, is going to be tough. CBH has a huge mountain to climb. Doesn’t help that there are at least 10 programs better than Auburn right now. So, I stopped expecting big time recruits choosing Auburn years ago. I am elated when we do get one. Too much stress on this world to add recruiting stress and 18,19 and 20 year old kids will add on to it. Auburn is at best a tier 2 program but realistically a tier 3, if you choose to be realistic. Peace and War Eagle!

• 3 months later...