2024 4* Nickel A’mon Lane Commits To AU!

toddc

Just now, Sizzle said:

We have a need, a need for speed!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

That is the definition of a 6 - Pack. Sadly I have a mini keg. I am excited by this player. Soon we can honestly claim to DB U.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That is the definition of a 6 - Pack.  Sadly I have a mini keg. 

At  least you have it contained. 

Me?...  well.....   you know those cheep BOXES of wine you can get?   I have, more like,  the PLASTIC RETAINER BAG INSIDE THAT BOX.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Per On3 nearly a week ago 

Lane has suffered a MPFL tear, which is a torn medial patellofemoral ligament. Here's what a MPFL tear is (LINK).

Lane said it's likely a season-ending injury. He was off to a good start to his senior season. Through two games, Lane recorded eight tackles, five solos, one tackle for loss and three pass deflections.

@passthebiscuits Any insight to this type of injury?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Thanks for asking!

we see this injury more often in female athletes, but we are seeing it more now in male athletes secondary to quad issues. It’s painful. Surgical treatment is helpful and is light years beyond what it used to be. 

After MPFC surgery, about 85% of athletes return to playing, but returning to the same level of play is a little lower maybe 70%. The injury lends itself to patellar dislocations, which is painful but not nearly as big of a deal as other knee injuries. In my clinical experience, athletes end up doing pretty good after PT/Rehab.

There’s a procedure called tibial tubercle osteotomy (TTO) and lateral retinacular release that more and more knee-specific orthopedic docs are performing with stabilization surgery that look promising in returning function. 

bottom line, tough injury but with today’s treatment, very good chance to recover and have little residual loss of function or long term issues in my opinion. 

IS.THERE.A.DOCTOR in the howwwwz? YES 😝 

55 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Seems like a good kid. Hope for the best 

• Like 2

Auburn 4-star commit has surgery, hopes to be back for playoffs

Moody's A'mon Lane had surgery on his knee on Wednesday, but hopes to return for the Class 5A playoffs in November. (Vasha Hunt | preps.al.com)Vasha Hunt

By Ben Thomas | bthomas@al.com

Auburn commit A’Mon Lane will likely miss the rest of Moody’s regular season after having surgery on Wednesday.

Lane dislocated his kneecap during practice last week and sat out the Blue Devils’ 42-7 victory at Alexandria on Friday.

“After talking to Dr. (Benton) Emblum and Dr. (T. Daniel) Smith at Andrews (Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center), we felt it was best to go ahead and get it fixed,” Lane wrote on social media. “Surgery went great yesterday, and I’ve already started therapy. Thanking God, it wasn’t anything more serious.”

Moody coach Jake Ganus said doctors have told him recovery from this type of surgery is usually about eight weeks. That would put Lane back in time for the Class 5A playoffs, which start Nov. 10.

“That’s the hope,” Ganus said. “It was a 30-minute procedure, very minor. Basically, they re-attached the ligament where it pulled off. A’mon was walking today. He will attack it like he attacks everything, which is full speed. We are not going to be dumb, not going to jeopardize his future. As soon as he is good and he is cleared, he is going to roll.”

Lane is the No. 15 senior recruit in Alabama, according to the 247 composite rankings. The 4-star cornerback committed to Auburn on July 30, 2022. He is one of eight players in the top 20 committed to Hugh Freeze and the Tigers.

“This is a minor speed bump for me, and I can’t wait to get back to my teammates for the playoffs,” Lane wrote. “My time for Moody football isn’t over yet.”

The fifth-ranked Blue Devils (3-0) host Bishop McNamara, Md., on Friday before returning to Region 6 play on Sept. 22.

“Until he gets back, A’mon will put a whistle on for seven or eight weeks and continue to be our leader,” Ganus said. “I think our kids will play hard for him. Our kids will be motivated by the thought of him coming back for the playoffs.”

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Paladin said:

I still can't find an Under Armour All America game roster anywhere. In years [ast I found it easily by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Lane-Ganus: OV 'everything I expected'

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Over the last two years, Auburn football has undergone plenty of change.

One thing that's remained firm is A'Mon Lane-Ganus and his pledge to the Tigers.

He was the first Auburn commit in the 2024 class back in July of 2022. The head coach that recruited him was fired, Lane-Ganus saw the staff overturned almost completely but still stuck around.

It wasn't the way he saw it playing out when he first committed, but he's got a feeling Auburn's got better things in store for the future.

"I knew, I had a vision what this team could be in the recruiting area," Lane-Ganus said. "Everything happens for a reason so just look at is as positivity."

Lane-Ganus took his long awaited official visit to Auburn over the weekend, as the Tigers hosted Alabama for the 88th Iron Bowl. Auburn was a couple plays away from pulling off the upset, but it only installed more confidence in Lane-Ganus that Auburn is that much closer to where it wants to be.

"It was a really good weekend," Lane-Ganus said. "My official, it was everything I expected. The ‘24 class is coming in and it’s going to be the guys that get us where we need to be. I mean, we’re just one play away. 31 yards away from being great."

Nearly all commits were in attendance for the game, with several top non-commits there as well.

"I mean it was pretty up and down," Lane-Ganus said of the game. "I liked the atmosphere. I think the recruits that were there are definitely going to buy in. It’s just a tough play. It is what it is."

The last few months have been anything but a breeze for the Moody standout. Early in the Blue Devil's season, Lane-Ganus injured his knee and was sidelined for several weeks. He was unable to return until the second round of the playoffs, where he helped Moody advance to the third round.

"I came back seven weeks early," Lane-Ganus said. "I wasn’t even supposed to play again. I got to play in the second and third round. 100 percent."

Lane-Ganus will graduate in the spring, which means he won't enroll early, but he's locked in with Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1