***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***

Didba

Our Bigger, Faster, Stronger™ OL looks worse than ever this year. Speaking of OL we've signed 1 lineman last cycle and despite only having 8 scholarship linemen on roster for next year, we still chose to be either picky or apathetic toward OL recruiting.

Shed, Ja'varrious, MJJ, Tavarish... All were MIA today. Anders has clearly lost his mojo...

As much as we like to complain about Gus leaving the cupboard bare (and he did), Harsin has done progressively less with just the talent he's inherited... Talent that had no business being in this close of a game with that Missouri roster.

What will we look like when he get his guys in? So far "his guys" are ranked bottom ¼ of the SEC. Where's the hope?

• Like 4

Two of the worst teams in sec and it showed.basically no improvement from last week after Missouri adjusted and shut the run down. Very bad offensive line again. And qb not consistent. Lucky to win and did not deserve it. Never know may jump start the season but if no major improvement LSU kicks us bad. The offensive coach seems to be deer in headlights. Harsin bragging how good Missouri is. Is he on cool aid? A win is a win thank goodness.Coach lost confidence for Carlson to win the game. Put confidence on offensive line and see what happens. A better coach kicks the fg and trusts the kicker with 1:40 left. I rather miss fg as not make a yard on crucial play. Stuffed .  We will not win another til week before ala 

34 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Our Bigger, Faster, Stronger™ OL looks worse than ever this year. Speaking of OL we've signed 1 lineman last cycle and despite only having 8 scholarship linemen on roster for next year, we still chose to be either picky or apathetic toward OL recruiting.

Shed, Ja'varrious, MJJ, Tavarish... All were MIA today. Anders has clearly lost his mojo...

As much as we like to complain about Gus leaving the cupboard bare (and he did), Harsin has done progressively less with just the talent he's inherited... Talent that had no business being in this close of a game with that Missouri roster.

What will we look like when he get his guys in? So far "his guys" are ranked bottom ¼ of the SEC. Where's the hope?

Not the adjectives I would use describing our line

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Missed a few lay up throws…misplaced others that they did catch. They gave him a terrible gameplan (didn’t feel like that ugly mess was planned at all), but if that’s how he’s throwing during his 3 year of playing collegiate football, there’s not much hope

I still love having the kid out there. He wants it, fun watch, keeps things interesting. I have more fun watching him play bad than the average bad QB

Unfortunately, Keisau isn’t going to outscheme anyone..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

It was rhetorical, but thank you 😅

Never understood ytf anyone would ask a question they didn’t intend on anyone answering…🤔😎

21 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Not the adjectives I would use describing our line

But that is what was advertised all off-season.

lie-detector-maury.gif

4 hours ago, Tigers77 said:

I thought the people who participated in this site knew something about football.  Who in their right mind would be calling for Harsin to be fired when the problem is clearly a lack of players on the offensive and defensive lines.  Those players were recruited by Gus and they are all we have got.  It does not matter who plays quarterback or running back if the opposing defense is always in our backfield to tackle, pressure or sack.  To blame Harsin for the same reasons Gus was fired is not only wrong, it shows a total lack of understanding of the game.  You may not like Harsin because he is not part of the good ole boy network, but that is no reason not to give the man a chance to succeed.  You are playing right into the hands of the sports reporters and sports editorialists who would love to see Auburn's program destroyed because most of them are Alabama graduates.   Sometimes you get what  you wish for and if you do, the Auburn program will be setback another five or six years.  Let's show some class after all you are supposed to be Auburn fans.

JWShewmake

STANDING OVATION FOR THIS POST!!!  FINALLY... Someone here that gets it. I figure most of the "contributors" on here, have never stepped on a football field. Never thrown up on a FB Field, never passed out or had a broken bone etc. Parity is here in College Football.  But no matter who has the headset on, there are 100 plus players in this program that have to be "re-interviewed" for the annual scholly/gray/walk-on etc.  High School recruiting is important, but the Transfer Portal is now EXTREMELY CRITICAL for the near future. The need is for players that can help immediately. It has to be to a Natiowide search, I was told by one of the Aubie Board Know-it-alls that the Auburn Philosophy is to recruit Alabama/Georgia/Florida. SMH...  narrow minded. 

• Facepalm 1

I think Ashford's play wasn't too bad considering the play-calling and the fact he was running for his life half the game. 

• Like 2

The personnel usage today, especially the WR rotation, was rather odd to me.  Coaches do not know what they have, using 4th game to figure it out?  On D, I know Kaufman didn’t play today, but on mizzou last possession in 4th, we had freshman Wooden (who had not played entire game until then) playing 1 safety and moved Simpson to the other safety!?   Whole game baffling.  And Harsin post game was a joke

6 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

I thought the people who participated in this site knew something about football.  Who in their right mind would be calling for Harsin to be fired when the problem is clearly a lack of players on the offensive and defensive lines.  Those players were recruited by Gus and they are all we have got.  It does not matter who plays quarterback or running back if the opposing defense is always in our backfield to tackle, pressure or sack.  To blame Harsin for the same reasons Gus was fired is not only wrong, it shows a total lack of understanding of the game.  You may not like Harsin because he is not part of the good ole boy network, but that is no reason not to give the man a chance to succeed.  You are playing right into the hands of the sports reporters and sports editorialists who would love to see Auburn's program destroyed because most of them are Alabama graduates.   Sometimes you get what  you wish for and if you do, the Auburn program will be setback another five or six years.  Let's show some class after all you are supposed to be Auburn fans.

JWShewmake

Wowowowowowow. And even signed it at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I think Ashford's play wasn't too bad considering the play-calling and the fact he was running for his life half the game. 

The OL isn’t good but Kiesau ain’t doing nobody no favors. He has ZERO creativity in his play calling. Everybody was bashing Bobo last year and rightfully so but even he was better than this.

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

I saw lots of consequential plays executed with precision, awesome runs, hard hits, and miraculous catches the entire game. 
They were on the jumbotron highlight reels every other timeout and painted the starkest contrast to what was on the field. I think others noticed and it didn’t exactly enliven the crowd. Just made everyone think, “Why can’t we have nice things anymore?”

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The OL isn’t good but Kiesau ain’t doing nobody no favors. He has ZERO creativity in his play calling. Everybody was bashing Bobo last year and rightfully so but even he was better than this.

100% agree. It's obvious to everyone that our OL isn't good. But they aren't being helped by play-calling either. We can't run the ball up the middle. That's just a fact. So we need a lot more misdirection and getting the ball out on the perimeter to give our backs and receivers a chance to pick up some yardage. I hate to say it but a Gus Malzahn offense would work better than what we're doing now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

100% agree. It's obvious to everyone that our OL isn't good. But they aren't being helped by play-calling either. We can't run the ball up the middle. That's just a fact. So we need a lot more misdirection and getting the ball out on the perimeter to give our backs and receivers a chance to pick up some yardage. I hate to say it but a Gus Malzahn offense would work better than what we're doing now.

We also need less handoffs on 4th and 1 to a running back standing 6 yards off the line. 

• Like 1

I was a mile away, but it looked like OL have feet shackled together, stand upright at the snap, and push just with arms. Is that the NFL way? DL seem to have quite an easy time pushing said OL out of the way. 4, 5, 6 years of that pushover play. No way to improve???? In their defense, i saw RBs and TEs try to block worse. 

7 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

annnnnd NIx still looks like the smartest guy in the room.

I was so upset when both Bo and Rock entered the portal, never thought I would say this, but now I’m wondering why Rock came back. Cadillac is a heck of a guy!

7 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I agree, I just think there's more pressing issues than his body language on the SL

The stock market, NASDAQ and the S&P 500 are all really down. He’s probably wondering what he’s going to do with that 15 million.