***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***

Didba

11 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

I thought the people who participated in this site knew something about football.  Who in their right mind would be calling for Harsin to be fired when the problem is clearly a lack of players on the offensive and defensive lines.  Those players were recruited by Gus and they are all we have got.  It does not matter who plays quarterback or running back if the opposing defense is always in our backfield to tackle, pressure or sack.  To blame Harsin for the same reasons Gus was fired is not only wrong, it shows a total lack of understanding of the game.  You may not like Harsin because he is not part of the good ole boy network, but that is no reason not to give the man a chance to succeed.  You are playing right into the hands of the sports reporters and sports editorialists who would love to see Auburn's program destroyed because most of them are Alabama graduates.   Sometimes you get what  you wish for and if you do, the Auburn program will be setback another five or six years.  Let's show some class after all you are supposed to be Auburn fans.

JWShewmake

Dude, I was saying this for weeks but after watching the game today you type that out you clearly do not know football.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

I thought the people who participated in this site knew something about football.  Who in their right mind would be calling for Harsin to be fired when the problem is clearly a lack of players on the offensive and defensive lines.  Those players were recruited by Gus and they are all we have got.  It does not matter who plays quarterback or running back if the opposing defense is always in our backfield to tackle, pressure or sack.  To blame Harsin for the same reasons Gus was fired is not only wrong, it shows a total lack of understanding of the game.  You may not like Harsin because he is not part of the good ole boy network, but that is no reason not to give the man a chance to succeed.  You are playing right into the hands of the sports reporters and sports editorialists who would love to see Auburn's program destroyed because most of them are Alabama graduates.   Sometimes you get what  you wish for and if you do, the Auburn program will be setback another five or six years.  Let's show some class after all you are supposed to be Auburn fans.

JWShewmake

He’s recruiting practices are telling and problematic. Absolutely 0 positive trends. We are far worse than last year in every respect.  Harsin has had ample time to get transfer linemen and hasn’t done so. Also technique on both sides is going backwards. No QB development. Etc etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Dude, I was saying this for weeks but after watching the game today you type that out you clearly do not know football.

My thoughts exactly. You watch that game and post that? Come on now. Maybe a troll? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Literally 99 percent of the fanbase are unified on the trajectory of the program but there is always that 1 percent left..

I said the same thing earlier in the game thread there's always that 1% 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

Precisely!!!

People here just don't know good football when they see it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

I think he is a troll, maybe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

annnnnd NIx still looks like the smartest guy in the room.

His father is no dummy. I can tell you that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

By chance have you checked Harsin’s recruiting these two classes? And compared them with ANY of Gus’ eight classes at AU?

I can 100% guarantee you haven’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

There's nothing wrong with a coach who knows how to contain himself on the sidelines. I actually like that about him. 

There’s containing oneself and there is also showing that you give a crap. Mizzou missing the game winning field goal and he doesn’t even crack a smile. He doesn’t even interact with players when they come off the field. Good or bad. I like an under control head coach as well but you cannot convince me Harsin cared at all if he won or lost that game. 

• Like 1

Just now, gravejd said:

There’s containing oneself and there is also showing that you give a crap. Mizzou missing the game winning field goal and he doesn’t even crack a smile. He doesn’t even interact with players when they come off the field. Good or bad. I like an under control head coach as well but you cannot convince me Harsin cared at all if he won or lost that game. 

I agree, I just think there's more pressing issues than his body language on the SL

29 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

This game as performance art:

PNIx.gif.0deda79e312fb5e04d9e7ff17cd4f2ae.gif

Yea, it was ugly…fall on your ass and grab your knee? WTF?

no offense young lady

Edited by DKW 86

11 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Can’t wait for the presser. Should be a doozy. 

I’m more looking forward to the celebration and showering of water bottles on the HC in the locker room. When does the Auburn Football Review air? 

Congrats on Mizz allowing you to…errrrrrrr…finish 13th in the conference, coach.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

As long as our guys stay HARD with one another,  11-1 still a possibility. 

Crack is a helluva drug. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I have a hard time taking anyone who signs their posts seriously. 

Me too.

Didba, esquire

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

annnnnd NIx still looks like the smartest guy in the room.

I don't get why people still say this. Dude wasn't going to get any better at Auburn. And he also wasn't all that great. Marginally good. And had already graduated from here. Might as well leave. Was everyone else who left from the program the smartest guy in the room too? Or just the one who was average at best?

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't get why people still say this. Dude wasn't going to get any better at Auburn. And he also wasn't all that great. Marginally good. And had already graduated from here. Might as well leave. Was everyone else who left from the program the smartest guy in the room too? Or just the one who was average at best?

Dont confuse me with facts!     I just wanted to enjoy some schadenfreude  at his expense, but clearly that will also be denied.  🤪

Team is still very talented.  That being said this is the worst OLine I’ve ever witnessed at Auburn. Even in a bad year you don’t want to fire a coach mid season unless the wheels are coming off. Today those wheels came off