***Official Missouri Post-Game Thread***

Didba

6 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Only if we rehire Gus 😂😂

Gus' offense put up a whooping two field goals against GA Tech in the first half today. 

UCF blocked a punt in the final seconds of the 2nd quarter to go up 13-7

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Gus' offense put up a whooping two field goals against GA Tech in the first half today. 

UCF blocked a punt in the final seconds of the 2nd quarter to go up 13-7

Also Mario Cristobal Miami down by two tds to MTSU...this is why I want a coach who is a developer and big program winner. Recruiter matters too of course, but I don't want someone who simply is a recruiter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, au302 said:

The Arkansas State coaching tree is pure poison

Hugh Freeze is a part of that tree as well btw….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Got a shot at Western Kentucky.

Ha... they look to be pretty decent on offense lol

Just now, DAG said:

Also Mario Cristobal Miami down by two tds to MTSU...this is why I want a coach who is a developer and big program winner. Recruiter matters too of course, but I don't want someone who simply is a recruiter.

I don't get the ability to be able to recruit at Miami. They are currently losing 24-10 at home, and the stadium is 1/3 full at best. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I don't get the ability to be able to recruit at Miami. They are currently losing 24-10 at home, and the stadium is 1/3 full at best. 

Good hometown talent wants to stay home. There's a lot of pride in that area of the state contrary to game attendance 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Miami never fills the stadium. 

Cristobal is highly overrated as a coach as well. All he's proven so far is he can recruit fairly well, and then underachieve with what talent he has.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Good hometown talent wants to stay home. There's a lot of pride in that area of the state contrary to game attendance 

Yeah, yet they are having a lot of trouble winning football games since the players have to actually go to class these days.

10 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

A lot of Miami’s “fans” are northerners who moved down there and wanted a college team to pull for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Lol not a big fan of the U huh? 

As bad as I hate Alabama, one of my favorite games ever was when they waxed Miami's cocky a## in 92 bowl game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

A lot of Miami’s “fans” are northerners who moved down there and wanted a college team to pull for. 

Im talking about folks that I know who've spent their entire lives in or around that part of the state

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

The Arkansas State coaching tree is pure poison

Respectfully to the gentleman who posted here, this is why I don't want USU's AD. Their HC followed Harsin at Arky State. And more importantly, they got mauled by WEBER STATE.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Didba said:

Will you promise me to not be negative as hell when the next coach is hired unless it’s freeze?

I dunno. Right now being negative as hell about Harsin when he was hired seems a lot like jumping on bitcoin when it was $10.

Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve, 99% of Auburn fans are united on this. You have not data; you have opinions that you are expressing as data. This is a bunch of made up, fact-less, baseless goop. You guys keep bringing in names of coaches that you would like to see hired. Those coaches won't be hired because the basic requirement is that they will allow themselves to be controlled. It took years to remove Lowder's tentacles from the football program. Most of you guys were in diapers when that was happening so it is understandable that you don't know. If Kevin Steele is our next head coach then you will know I was right. If it is not Steele then it will be someone who doesn't mind getting his orders from a BOT Member. These people don't care about the Auburn Football program except to the extent they can show their power. Hide and watch.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

That game was an embarrassment to the sport.  Both coaches should be ashamed to put that 'product' on the field.

I’m not following the logic of Mizzu coach getting the same criticism as Harsin.   His team had chances to win.  His only stupid thing I saw was not trying to score a touchdown at the end of regulation.   Even at that stupid decision, the fat a$$ kicker couldn’t make a chip shot for a win.   Or dumb lineman jump offsides on a missed kick.  Or running back inexcusably dropping the ball going over the goal line 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve, 99% of Auburn fans are united on this. You have not data; you have opinions that you are expressing as data. This is a bunch of made up, fact-less, baseless goop. You guys keep bringing in names of coaches that you would like to see hired. Those coaches won't be hired because the basic requirement is that they will allow themselves to be controlled. It took years to remove Lowder's tentacles from the football program. Most of you guys were in diapers when that was happening so it is understandable that you don't know. If Kevin Steele is our next head coach then you will know I was right. If it is not Steele then it will be someone who doesn't mind getting his orders from a BOT Member. These people don't care about the Auburn Football program except to the extent they can show their power. Hide and watch.

Hey man, if you're gonna type paragraphs at least use the tab key. It's like I'm reading one long run-on sentence

Edited by CAReeves2010
  • Haha 2

I'm not giving up on this team just yet. But it's hard to remember an AU team that had so many areas that showed glaring weakness-- quarterback, offensive & defensive line, secondary, and now, even kicking-- remember, Carlson had surgery in the off season. Of course, another obvious glaring weakness seems to be coaching on both sides of the ball. I just hope our band is good this year! It's hard to celebrate a win after a game like today. We can't keep playing like we've played the last two weeks and expect to even be competive in the SEC. 

Edited by Dan-0

9 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Well, you covered yourself pretty good there either way.   I wanted Harsin to succeed as much as anyone, but I got to thinking about last year and the problems that caused the collapse.   Harsin did absolutely zero on getting the offensive line issues better.  That in itself should give everyone pause about him being the right choice.  It shows that he doesn’t have the awareness to see a problem and fix the problem.  There are numerous other red flags, coaches leaving is the next one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone watching UT/UF?  Heupel is in his 2nd season just like Harsin.  Heupel is about to beat UF with almost 600 yards of offense and go 4-0.  Meanwhile in Auburn...

• Like 3