Matt Rhule Fired

Bro Johnny Mac

The failure rate of college colleges to nfl has gotta be around 80-90%. Maybe higher. Surprised owners keep trying (Jimmy Johnson syndrome). Usually they’ve  proactively quit to preserve rep and go back to college gigs before they get axed.

He was successful and It’s time for another coaching name to consider (and shred to pieces) thread - so yes, he”s in play!!

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Will he be in play for us?

9 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Hope not

He's never beaten a ranked team.  0-11.

Kinda stands out

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why would he be considered a candidate for AU if he's never beaten a ranked team?  That doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem with Auburn and coaching hires. Too many people trying to make the decision. Hire an AD, universally support him or her. Move out of the way and let them do their job. 

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Problem with Auburn and coaching hires. Too many people trying to make the decision. Hire an AD, universally support him or her. Move out of the way and let them do their job. 

That’s how we got Harsin. Kinda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Don't disagree but I wish they would get a move on with the AD...SMH.

were-waiting.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• RunInRed changed the title to Matt Rhule Fired
6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Why would he be considered a candidate for AU if he's never beaten a ranked team?  That doesn't make any sense.

Probably because he has rebuilt and won at two programs that were traditionally not know for winning. (Rebuilt after Briles) I would not disqualify him on this metric alone. 

Minus his lack of SEC experience this could be a very tempting move.

He has a huge layout coming from the Panthers.  Maybe we can pay him a good salary and load up on his staff salaries.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I'm not pushing for Rhule, but I believe this is short-sided.

He coached four years at Temple and managed to win 10 games twice, get them ranked in both 10-win seasons, and make it to a bowl game. AT TEMPLE.

Inherited a mess at Baylor and went from 1 win in year 1 to 7 wins and a bowl in year 2 to 11 wins and the Sugar Bowl in year 3.

I know nothing about his personal life or any issues, but based on his college experience, I'd say he's worth consideration.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Minus his lack of SEC experience this could be a very tempting move.

He has a huge layout coming from the Panthers.  Maybe we can pay him a good salary and load up on his staff salaries.

He’s near the top of my list. But we have to leave him alone if we hire him( or anyone else for that matter).Harsin never had a chance here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If he had actually beaten some ranked teams I’d say HELL YES.

what Ranked teams have Todd Monkey beaten?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If he had actually beaten some ranked teams I’d say HELL YES.

At Temple and the AAC or whatever conference it was, just don’t think the schedule allocated to play a lot of ranked teams. Not sure about his time at Baylor. His teams always looked well coached and prepared. He also can manage a program from top to bottom. Something Auburn desperately needs.

I remember another great college coach that failed in the pros and went back to rebuild a college team into a perennial National Championship contender.  His name is Nick Saban y’all might have heard of him.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

At Temple and the AAC or whatever conference it was, just don’t think the schedule allocated to play a lot of ranked teams. Not sure about his time at Baylor. His teams always looked well coached and prepared. He also can manage a program from top to bottom. Something Auburn desperately needs.

0-11 vs ranked teams at Baylor

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I remember another great college coach that failed in the pros and went back to rebuild a college team into a perennial National Championship contender.  His name is Nick Saban y’all might have heard of him.  

Lost to LA-Monroe.   Do not want. :crossedarms:

/s

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Taking the orange and blue glasses off and be objective. Who the he’ll do y’all think Auburn can get? Everybody knows it’s not an easy job, it seems like nobody’s good enough for some on here. But who do you REALISTICALLY think Auburn can get?

Rhule should definitely at least be in consideration 

• Like 4