Matt Rhule Fired

Bro Johnny Mac

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

I'm the president of the anti-Rhule club. As a lifelong Panthers fan I've seen way too many blunders and bone headed idiotic decisions from him from a game management standpoint that I don't want this guy to lead our program at all. Yes I know he's better suited for college but HARD PASS

The blunders seemed to be the focal point lately. He also had a ton of talent on the Panthers at the skill positions especially.  I do know it was reported he lost the team.  I don't really hold that against an NFL coach.  Takes a special guy to handle the egos.  Not sure how I truly feel about him overall but his accolades in college rebuilding 2 programs and considering what is likely available, he deserves at least a kick of the tires. I do like the "bargain" potential with the payout he will be sitting on.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh good grief. Not this Knick knack paddywhack bs again.  Rhule nor anyone else is Saban or Pete Carroll. Just because they are failed nfl coaches and come back to college or come to college for the first time as a head coach in Pete’s case doesn’t mean that they are going to be the 2 biggest success stories of failed nfl coaches going back to college or to college.

I don’t even know what Knick knack paddywhack means or has to do with Matt Rule, Nick Saban  or Pete Carroll.  My guess is that you are just intentionally being disrespectful.  I  think we can disagree here without being disrespectful.   I just wanted to point out that just because a coach moves up to the NFL and fails does not mean he can’t come back to the college game and succeed, especially when he has a history of success in the college game.  I do think that Rule will be a candidate for the Auburn job if he is interested.   That is all.  

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

If he had actually beaten some ranked teams I’d say HELL YES.

@AUwentYou do realize the total crap show Rhule inherited at Baylor right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwentYou do realize the total crap show Rhule inherited at Baylor right?

I do which is why I wouldn’t completely hate the hire. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

With the exception of Urban or Saban coaches replicating national championship successes program to program is extremely rare. In fact Urban did it at 3 programs. 
Rhule has proven he can build a program. With support he could recruit at a high level here, and compete for the SEC west yearly. I am hoping for Lane Kiffin to be hired but to be honest look at his track record too.