2022 World Cup

aucanucktiger

16 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Even a close US loss to Brits and healthy win vs Iran gets us out of group stage. 

Not confident about that.

If England beats us, they are through.  May then play a B squad against Wales and I could see the Welsh winning that.

We need a result Friday to force England to play hard against Wales.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not confident about that.

If England beats us, they are through.  May then play a B squad against Wales and I could see the Welsh winning that.

We need a result Friday to force England to play hard against Wales.

That's a good point. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

That's a good point. 

And I don't trust we will out score Wales against Iran.

• Like 1

We came into this cup with zero momentum after a promising start in qualifying. 

Who would we match up with in Knockouts if we finish 2nd in group?  If these favorites also end up as 2 seeds in groups, could be a blessing later.  More upsets other than against us :)

47 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Who would we match up with in Knockouts if we finish 2nd in group?  If these favorites also end up as 2 seeds in groups, could be a blessing later.  More upsets other than against us :)

Probably the Netherlands 

• Thanks 1

Remember a couple months ago when Twitter twits were crucifying Berhalter for losing to Japan (beat Germany today) and drawing the Saudis (beat Argentina this week)?🤣

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Remember a couple months ago when Twitter twits were crucifying Berhalter for losing to Japan (beat Germany today) and drawing the Saudis (beat Argentina this week)?🤣

Cool.  So we are better than we thought and gonna beat the English Friday?  Woohoo. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Cool.  So we are better than we thought and gonna beat the English Friday?  Woohoo. 

There are 204 FIFA-sanctioned nations that want to be in the WC. 32 qualified for the WC including the US. England's 5th best in the world. We're very good whether we beat England or not. Dont listen to US sports media soccer blather - unless you make the semis evey world cup (Brazil e.g. hasn't finished in the WC top 3 in TWENTY years) you're garbage to them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

There are 204 FIFA-sanctioned nations that want to be in the WC. 32 qualified for the WC including the US. England's 5th best in the world. We're very good whether we beat England or not. Dont listen to US sports media soccer blather - unless you make the semis evey world cup (Brazil e.g. hasn't finished in the WC top 3 in TWENTY years) you're garbage to them.

Oh I know.  Just making a little joke.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not trying to defend the media, but there is a huge talent gap in teams that can qualify for the WC and teams that can win the WC. The media is generally talking about the teams that have a chance at winning.

Is there nobody else that can give a good corner? Although I suppose your taller guys benefit most near goal on corners.  Would Pulisic have good play in the box instead of delivering the ball? I know he's capable of a world class delivery.