2022 World Cup

aucanucktiger

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

That was a really good half for the US

Don't know if it would have helped but wish McKenny wasn't also near where Pulisic tried the header. 

A lot can change but we look far more dangerous so far. 

Hope we find a way to put it away. 

• Like 1

7 corner kicks and only 1 was a McGuire away from something dangerous.  Good result.  You can tell we played for the tie in the final 10+stpg.  Turner made me nervous a few times with holding possession while Eng closed in.  Zimmerman still weak link.  Start Reyna against Iran? Also is there opportunities to change your roster for knockouts? 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

7 corner kicks and only 1 was a McGuire away from something dangerous.  Good result.  You can tell we played for the tie in the final 10+stpg.  Turner made me nervous a few times with holding possession while Eng closed in.  Zimmerman still weak link.  Start Reyna against Iran? Also is there opportunities to change your roster for knockouts? 

You cant change the 26 man roster, but you can start whoever you want from that group

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You cant change the 26 man roster, but you can start whoever you want from that group

The roster was what I was questioning.  Thanks. 

Yes Zimmerman gave up that awful PK against Wales, but we've only given up 1 goal in 2 games. I think our weakest link is our Striker, whether its Haji or Sargent. Both are struggling to find a way to get involved in the game.

We went toe to toe with one of the top teams in the cup. Take the point and send Iran back to the Ayatollah with three points on Tuesday..

Just a side note... change could be coming to Iran. The theocracy could topple soon 

What a beautiful kick/goal by 🇲🇦. The bend on that shot was incredible. 

I thought Canada would put up a bigger fight this World Cup.  They got smoked in 2 games. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I thought Canada would put up a bigger fight this World Cup.  They got smoked in 2 games. 

I thought they looked like the better team vs Belgium. Belgium was just able to capitalize on their 1 scoring chance. Against Croatia, they played very aggressive in the 2nd half because they were eliminated with a loss. In hockey terms, they pulled their goalie. Its unfortunate, but Canada was placed in the toughest group imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

I thought they looked like the better team vs Belgium. Belgium was just able to capitalize on their 1 scoring chance. Against Croatia, they played very aggressive in the 2nd half because they were eliminated with a loss. In hockey terms, they pulled their goalie. Its unfortunate, but Canada was placed in the toughest group imo.

That group has turned out to be very tough.  

Pulisic with his first World Cup goal and US takes a 1-0 lead into half!!

So very close to getting that 2nd goal in the 5th min of stoppage time.  Just offsides. 

Pulisic crashed hard into goal keeper on his goal.  I thought he got a hard knee to the jewels but maybe it was quad.  He was struggling for a bit at the end. Actually looked to be gaining movement as time went.  Hopefully doesn't stiffen at half.  Finally got that hero moment.  🙌 

USA had so many chances and great runs.  Kept majority possession and no shots by Iran. Gonna be feisty but if we get goal 2 before they get one, i think looking at 3-0 or 3-1 result US. Wearing them down and counter now. 

Holy crap that was intense in stoppage. Shame on US for not trying to finish this earlier in the half.  

• Like 1

Honestly having the ref we had was a blessing.  He let a lot of stuff play.  And good discipline late by defenders trying to avoid fouls.  The ball was past Turner in the final minute.  Wow. 

• Like 1

The sheer soccer IQ on Pulisic on his goal. Was beelining for goal before it even left Weston's foot. 

https://dubz.co/v/aajm77

And of course there's nothing more American than getting kneed in the balls while winning. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The sheer soccer IQ on Pulisic on his goal. Was beelining for goal before it even left Weston's foot. 

https://dubz.co/v/aajm77

And of course there's nothing more American than getting kneed in the balls while winning. 

Thought the same but declared an abdominal injury.  Better than saying family jewels 😆 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Honestly having the ref we had was a blessing.  He let a lot of stuff play.  And good discipline late by defenders trying to avoid fouls.  The ball was past Turner in the final minute.  Wow. 

Yeah he did a fine job keeping the game flowing. Not every day you get a good one so something to appreciate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Yeah he did a fine job keeping the game flowing. Not every day you get a good one so something to appreciate. 

I've been impressed with all of the refs so far this WC. All of them have been very consistent.

• Like 1