2022 World Cup

aucanucktiger

MBappe nearly worked into his 4th goal.  This is epic with the 2 best MBappe and Messi slugging it out for the golden boot and world cup. Unreal save at the end of ET to prevent France from winning it. 

Mind games by Argentina GK may have spooked the FRA kicker and missed wide. 

That guy that needed France to win for the parlay ticket must be sick

Just now, AUDub said:

That was one of the best finals I've ever seen. 

Definitely best I've seen.  I haven't seen them all of course but announcers claim best ever. 

As someone who is not a soccer diehard, but appreciates the World Cup for the event that it is, that was exactly the kind of final that people need to see to disabuse themselves of the notion that soccer is boring...probably the most dramatic 120 minutes I've seen, although my scope is limited.  I'm not a fan of PKs deciding matches, admittedly, but the match itself will stand out more to me.

3 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

As someone who is not a soccer diehard, but appreciates the World Cup for the event that it is, that was exactly the kind of final that people need to see to disabuse themselves of the notion that soccer is boring...probably the most dramatic 120 minutes I've seen, although my scope is limited.  I'm not a fan of PKs deciding matches, admittedly, but the match itself will stand out more to me.

Martinez making that 123rd minute kick save is one of the greatest WCF moments in history. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Martinez making that 123rd minute kick save is one of the greatest WCF moments in history. 

Definitely up there with the Zidane headbutt