Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

29 minutes ago, selias said:

Playing in the SECCG is "trash"

Yes that's exactly what I said. Us and LSU not being good the last couple of years absolutely equals me saying playing in the sec championship is trash

28 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I have come to determine over the years that Cole doesn't really know much about what he types.

Somebody put more thought in something that me....let me insult him!

Meanwhile I have yet seen one person point out how you know so much football yet......maybe before the year is out

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Interesting stat

keep in mind, Stats can be cherry picked and twisted to make a coach look  good and bad.  The thing I know about Kiffin is that I have witnessed him turn multiple offenses around from a Chinese fire drill, like ours has been for7+ years,  to a team that organized,  looks like it has a plan  and knows how to implement it.     

There are too many variables to rely only on stats.   when you beat a team that is borderline .500  they fall below the .500 mark and vice versa.  Was the .500 stat talked about in the tweet from  before they played or at the end of the  year?   0-5... other than 3 losses to bama,  who were the other they played that were above .500 and would ole miss typically have beaten them anyway?   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Oh goodness....I was almost ok with the Kiffin hire until better minds here convinced me he wasn't a good coach. Thank god TPB and other posters here were more intelligent than me!!!!

The hard truth that people need to realize is the realistic options for Auburn is either Lane or Freeze. I do think we took a shot at Dabo. I don't think Deion or Grimes were ever real candidates. 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

keep in mind, Stats can be cherry picked and twisted to make a coach look  good and bad.  The thing I know about Kiffin is that I have witnessed him turn multiple offenses around from a Chinese fire drill, like ours has been for7+ years,  to a team that organized,  looks like it has a plan  and knows how to implement it.     

There are too many variables to rely only on stats.   when you beat a team that is borderline .500  they fall below the .500 mark and vice versa.  Was the .500 stat talked about in the tweet from  before they played or at the end of the  year?   0-5... other than 3 losses to bama,  who were the other they played that were above .500 and would ole miss typically have beaten them anyway?   

Hey I am all for Lane Kiffin. You don't have to explain to me at all!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes that's exactly what I said. Us and LSU not being good the last couple of years absolutely equals me saying playing in the sec championship is trash

jim-halpert-face.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn family????you can’t have it both ways.   Most people on here are emphatically on saying Auburn is a better job, better team, better facilities and on and on over Ole Miss.    Then you have the same people say, but LK has never beaten anyone and winning 10 games at Ole Miss isn’t a hard thing to do.   Well, which one is it?   
If LK is the next coach at Auburn, no one knows how it’s going to turn out.   He could flame out or he could turn Auburn into a top contender in the SEC year in and year out.  But if anyone doesn’t think that he can’t coach an offense, doesn’t know football.

OM has loved Lane Kiffin and now they are butt hurt   

Kiffin to AU makes bammers nervous.  

These are 2 reasons that suggest LK to AU is a good thing for us.  
Also, the “Kiffin jumps ship every other year” noise should be taken in its proper context.    Good coaches move around to further their career and get to where they want to go until they get there.   People don’t stay as an OC, or HC at FAU or OM if they’re successful.    It’s just the reality of the profession.   If he leaves AU it will be to the NFL, and that means he was very successful.   I can live with that scenario, no problem!

51 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. That particular stat is thrown around here a good bit. I think It's impressive cut come on

You know how you can hear it takes more than recruiting? Well this to sort of in a way. It going to take more than getting the wins when us,LSU and Texas am are trash right now

LSU was trash.

I don't like the fake accent dude at all, but he's had that team improve game by game. 

If A&M keeps buying the best players, eventually they'll turn it around no matter who coaches them lmao

Edited by Mims44

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Hey I am all for Lane Kiffin. You don't have to explain to me at all!

I know where you stand.  I enjoy your posts.   your opinion carries more weight with me than most of the posters on the board.   You very rarely seem as though you have an agenda. 

I didn't intend for the post to sound like I was  calling you out in any way    "I ain't  good with them words like other people".      BTW,  I know  I come across as offensive often.  I tell people all the time, "look,  I'm am a**hole, so if you don't want your feelings hurt,  don't talk to me."  LOL

The post was not directed so much at you.  I just wanted to point the stat thing out without getting dragged into the pissing match above.   

(battery dying on keyboard after that wall of text  sorry for any typos.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

LSU was trash.

I don't like the fake accent dude at all, but he's had that team improve game by game. 

If A&M keeps buying the best players, eventually they'll turn it around no matter who coaches them lmao

Yeah it seems like there's a bunch of teams making their turnarounds. Things may start getting scary out here in the conference!

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Interesting and quite inconvenient fact about Kiffins career at OM vs the SEC…

Ouch!!  More data:  Here are his average W/L for his career, and per school:  

school yrs w l %
TN 1 7 6 0.538
USC 4 7 4 0.651
FAU 3 9 4 0.675
OM 3 8 4 0.676
Career 11 8 4 0.654

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah it seems like there's a bunch of teams making their turnarounds. Things may start getting scary out here in the conference!

Hopefully we're one of them :lol: 

Bit too early since he's not even announced yet, but what ya think Ashfords chances of starting next year are? Love the dudes heart, but I dunno how well he'd do in a decent offense. And not one based on utilizing his speed to escape multiple unblocked defenders every play.

27 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I know where you stand.  I enjoy your posts.   your opinion carries more weight with me than most of the posters on the board.   You very rarely seem as though you have an agenda. 

I didn't intend for the post to sound like I was  calling you out in any way    "I ain't  good with them words like other people".      BTW,  I know  I come across as offensive often.  I tell people all the time, "look,  I'm am a**hole, so if you don't want your feelings hurt,  don't talk to me."  LOL

The post was not directed so much at you.  I just wanted to point the stat thing out without getting dragged into the pissing match above.   

Nah I never took it the wrong way. I am actually glad you mentioned all of that. Likewise brother . WDE! Cheers to better days soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

If lane comes…does Judkins too? 

I hope so. He is amazing . Cannot believe we did not attempt to go after him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Well, I would respond, but I am not talking to you.JS

• Haha 2

Until we know for sure.....meaning signed, sealed, and delivered.  I think you have to have a plan B just in case.  I am sure they do.  I am hoping for Kiffin at this point, but if it falls through, I am wanting Deion #2 and Freeze #3.  I think it has to be one of those three for sure.  Again, I am hoping we wrap this up on Friday with Lane but if not, the other two are the only one's I would think would happen.

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Hopefully we're one of them :lol: 

Bit too early since he's not even announced yet, but what ya think Ashfords chances of starting next year are? Love the dudes heart, but I dunno how well he'd do in a decent offense. And not one based on utilizing his speed to escape multiple unblocked defenders every play.

I just haven't ever been too high on him. This off season will tell it all though. He will at least get to where he's decent or they will phase him out. 

When he's in the flow of the game and is decisive at times it seems as if something may be there but just too inconsistent imo

What do you think and see?

Edited by cole256
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Until we know for sure.....meaning signed, sealed, and delivered.  I think you have to have a plan B just in case.  I am sure they do.  I am hoping for Kiffin at this point, but if it falls through, I am wanting Deion #2 and Freeze #3.  I think it has to be one of those three for sure.  Again, I am hoping we wrap this up on Friday with Lane but if not, the other two are the only one's I would think would happen.

It would surprise me greatly if we get an acceptance from Kiffin on friday. He might sign his OM contract on friday though.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just haven't ever been too high on him. This off season will tell it all though. He will at least get to where he's decent or they will phase him out. 

When he's in the flow of the game and is decisive at times it seems as if something may be there but just too inconsistent imo

If it’s Kiffin, he sends him somewhere else as Plumlee.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

It would surprise me greatly if we get an acceptance from Kiffin on friday. He might sign his OM contract on friday though.

Hence, the reason for plan B.  Would be disappoint since this thing has blown up over the past couple of weeks.  If we come away with Deion instead, I would be fine.  If we end up with Freeze, honestly....I would be somewhat upset but would roll with it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

school yrs w l %
TN 1 7 6 0.538
USC 4 7 4 0.651
FAU 3 9 4 0.675
OM 3 8 4 0.676
Career 11 8 4 0.654

USC was during sanctions and scholarship reductions.  
Those are great averages at FAU and OM and keep in mind years 2 and 3 were much better than year 1!   He inherited a mess and turned it into a winner very quickly.   

17 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

school yrs w l %
TN 1 7 6 0.538
USC 4 7 4 0.651
FAU 3 9 4 0.675
OM 3 8 4 0.676
Career 11 8 4 0.654

Looks very mediocre until you add some context. 10 win season in year 2 at USC as major sanctions were taking hold, the only 2 seasons of 10 or more wins at FAU, then a 10 win season at Ole Miss as they were coming off probation with severe sanctions and on track for a repeat if he stays through a bowl game. If he’s our guy we just have to hope we get more of big season Lane and less of average season Lane. We shall see (most likely)

• Like 1