Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

Lane Kiffin isn't my first choice.  That would be Deion.  However, I will say that if Kiffin is our coach, I hope he comes in and scores win after win in recruiting and in the portal and is very successful here.  I will also add this: By many, many accounts, Lane Kiffin has been our top interest ever since Harsin was fired.  If that is true and we have successfully hired the guy that we wanted all along, I will count that as another win.  I'm tired of coaches turning us down as has happened in past searches.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

Iron Bowl >>>>>>>> World Cup in a country stuck in the Stone Age 

I love the Iron Bowl but worldwide it can not touch those World Cup, not even close. Some people in the US could care less about the Iron Bowl even though it is the best rivalry in college sports.

All what "someone says"

HEARSAY

14 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So everyone is in consensus that Lane will be the next HC at Auburn

Who is "everyone"?

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I love the Iron Bowl but worldwide it can not touch those World Cup, not even close. Some people in the US could care less about the Iron Bowl even though it is the best rivalry in college sports.

I’m talking about my personal opinion.

Used to love the WC. Could care less about it now. Especially since the governing body (FIFA) has lectured soccer fans on “racism” and “human rights” for decades it seems and now puts the biggest sporting event on Earth in Qatar. GTFO. The worst kind of hypocrisy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Correct. Kiffin is a game changer at Auburn. We are about to see what real innovative offense looks like. He will attract QB's, and skill players on offense here the likes of which many of us have been dreaming about for many years. 

With the right budget for him to hire some elite defensive coaches the sky is the limit.

Possibly. Even hopefully. I don't follow Ole Miss football much, but I have seen Kiffin lose two games because of silly metrics decisions. Those games were Auburn in 2021 and Bammer this season. If he is hired here, lets hope he's learned about passing up easy field goals and instead going for it on 4th downs.

Yes, there are certain times and game situations when it's logical to forego the FG but those times are limited to special situations. Kiffin needs to realize that.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Correct. Kiffin is a game changer at Auburn. We are about to see what real innovative offense looks like. He will attract QB's, and skill players on offense here the likes of which many of us have been dreaming about for many years. 

With the right budget for him to hire some elite defensive coaches the sky is the limit.

I agree 100%.  I've been saying that we will never flip high profile recruits from UGA, UAT, OSU, etc. But the 5* and high 4* recruits that are hanging around Auburn a lot (at least 5 that we all know about) just might pull the trigger if LK is hired. Top offensive guys going into the portal know about him. He would need to get the best available DC ASAP. Like him or not, Kiffen would have to be the highest profile HC hire for our football program. We all need to get behind Cohen's decision whether it was our first choice or not. I think Caddy will. We should do the same.  WDE

Edited by autan
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Possibly. Even hopefully. I don't follow Ole Miss football much, but I have seen Kiffin lose two games because of silly metrics decisions. Those games were Auburn in 2021 and Bammer this season. If he is hired here, lets hope he's learned about passing up easy field goals and instead going for it on 4th downs.

Yes, there are certain times and game situations when it's logical to forego the FG but those times are limited to special situations. Kiffin needs to realize that.

This is what spooks me about him, along with his lack of recruiting from the HC position. I mean Harsin out recruited him and he was not even trying, that is a huge concern. Hopefully in his interview he has clarified that along with a few other answers to Cohen’s 58 questions.

4 minutes ago, autan said:

I agree 100%.  I've been saying that we will never flip high profile recruits from UGA, UAT, OSU, etc. But the 5* and high 4* recruits that are hanging around Auburn a lot (at least 5 that we all know about) just might pull the trigger if LK is hired. Top offensive guys going into the portal know about him. He would need to get the best available DC ASAP. Like him or not, Kiffen would have to be the highest profile HC hire for our football program. We all need to get behind Cohen's decision whether it was our first choice or not. I think Caddy will. We should do the same.  WDE

Wait so Kiffin is his choice?

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Wait so Kiffin is his choice?

I don't know . Do you? As usual I probably didn't word it the best. I tried to use if. Consensus seems to think it is Kiffen. I'm just saying we all (obviously some will not) need to get behind the new staff even if the HC is not our first choice. I am confident Cohen and Roberts will hire the best proven football coach that can get.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He'll do the same to us whenever he leaves. Just win us some big games and get us back to championship contention before then and I'm happy.

That’s exactly right. Kiffin is a hired gun and has wanderlust. That said, I am confident that he will clean up our mess and win lots of games. When he leaves AU, we will be much better off by hiring him!  The Rise of the Phoenix. 

image.gif.426491c65d1f5846bfc986db467ebf3c.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Keeping him on staff with a promotion is plenty of love.  Assistant OC/RB Corch is a nice reward for how he's helped.  We could get real frisky and give him AHC but I'm not sure a new HC would want that.

Don’t disagree, but Kiffin can wait till after the IB to offer Cadillac.

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I guess it'd be important to know what you consider to be Lane Kiffins "low Character moves".

In my view Kiffin is certainly better on a "character" front than Hugh Freeze would have been. 

I totally agree. Me supporting Hugh Freeze to lead these young men would quite simply not be happening. 
On Lane there’s just been a history of bad blood between him and the places he’s been. Oakland fired him with cause and publicly labeled him a liar and said he disgraced the entire organization (that’s pretty severe language), Tennessee reporters while he was there were reporting on his lies while he was there and then he did what he did to them…, he pissed off USC so severely he became the epitome of what it looks like to be hated by your employer (left on the tarmac…many events led up to that), was sued for fraud for just ditching a guy after agreeing to hire him…There’s more but I don’t remember them all at the moment. 

Nothing off the charts terrible but I’m just hoping there’s some evidence of the contrary if he is our coach. Some evidence that points to him being a decent human. 
I’m fully aware many on here could care less if he is a mass murderer as long as he wins. I only want a man of true character first and then get the wins. I’m fine that most here don’t agree with me.  It’s a message board…so go ahead and downvote as if I care, but we should be focused on hiring men of character to be in charge of 100 plus young men who need guidance. Hopefully there’s a shred of evidence that Lane can be that guy

This is a difficult One to analyze. Typically when there is this much talk about a coach going to a different school it’s not true, or doesn’t happen. The other side of this is, with all this talk it would seem odd for him to stay at Ole Miss? 

Edited by sevenlee36

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

That’s exactly right. Kiffin is a hired gun and has wanderlust. That said, I am confident that he will clean up our mess and win lots of games. When he leaves AU, we will be much better off by hiring him!  The Rise of the Phoenix. 

image.gif.426491c65d1f5846bfc986db467ebf3c.gif

This! ☝️☝️☝️☝️

Lane is a gypsy in the college coaching world.  I give him 3 years max - wherever he goes.  If he comes here I know that he will catch us up on player talent via recruiting and the portal, win some games, etc.  He is not going to "build a program" for years to come (full disclosure - same thoughts I have regarding Prime Time as well).  But I do believe he will set the next guy up in a pretty good spot - and we go from there.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I totally agree. Me supporting Hugh Freeze to lead these young men would quite simply not be happening. 
On Lane there’s just been a history of bad blood between him and the places he’s been. Oakland fired him with cause and publicly labeled him a liar and said he disgraced the entire organization (that’s pretty severe language), Tennessee reporters while he was there were reporting on his lies while he was there and then he did what he did to them…, he pissed off USC so severely he became the epitome of what it looks like to be hated by your employer (left on the tarmac…many events led up to that), was sued for fraud for just ditching a guy after agreeing to hire him…There’s more but I don’t remember them all at the moment. 

Nothing off the charts terrible but I’m just hoping there’s some evidence of the contrary if he is our coach. Some evidence that points to him being a decent human. 
I’m fully aware many on here could care less if he is a mass murderer as long as he wins. I only want a man of true character first and then get the wins. I’m fine that most here don’t agree with me.  It’s a message board…so go ahead and downvote as if I care, but we should be focused on hiring men of character to be in charge of 100 plus young men who need guidance. Hopefully there’s a shred of evidence that Lane can be that guy

let him coach a few years at Auburn before trying to tear him down.  See if there is consistant noticeable improvement in our play. see if he does something that is actually against your moral code.   Quit being so emotional.   These players don't need guidance any more than non athletes students with no coaches who seem to do fine.    The players need a head coach.  Family, friends,  associates, and  Position coaches like Caddy can give them the guidance they need. 

It sucks, but   College football is 100% a business now.  It would be nice to have a father figure as a coach, but It is no longer about building young men.  It is all about the money.  see NIL and transfer portal. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

This! ☝️☝️☝️☝️

Lane is a gypsy in the college coaching world.  I give him 3 years max - wherever he goes.  If he comes here I know that he will catch us up on player talent via recruiting and the portal, win some games, etc.  He is not going to "build a program" for years to come (full disclosure - same thoughts I have regarding Prime Time as well).  But I do believe he will set the next guy up in a pretty good spot - and we go from there.  

And that guy could be Lac. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

This is what spooks me about him, along with his lack of recruiting from the HC position. I mean Harsin out recruited him and he was not even trying, that is a huge concern. Hopefully in his interview he has clarified that along with a few other answers to Cohen’s 58 questions.

Harsin may have our recruited him for high schoolers based on rankings. But Lane sent his QB and 2 RBs to the NFL, while losing both tackles. He replaced them with three high schoolers, a portal QB, and a portal RB and has a better offense this year than last. His methods are different but he’s proven he can reload, one way or the other. 

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now let's see what happens as far as recruiting

How do you honestly think it's gonna be? You think Kiffin can turn it around?

Edited by autiger88

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now let's see what happens as far as recruiting

To me, that’s the big question.Not the “he’s a hired gun” stuff. 

He’s going to need a staff of crack recruiters. I think he can get it done.

He checks all of the other boxes 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

Lane is a gypsy in the college coaching world. 

Sort of. But he’s not the only journeyman coach. Compare his path to Saban’s: Toledo, to the Cleveland Browns, to Michigan State, to LSU, to the Miami Dolphins, to Bama. A lot of coaches bounce around. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How do you honestly think it's gonna be? You think Kiffin can turn it around?

I could be wrong but with how our brand was messed up.....I just don't see anything but average from him. Maybe I'm wrong though. If he can have some guys put up some big time numbers then maybe we can have something but I don't think it's going to be some big impact that it seems some others are thinking.

I think throughout everything people aren't using the right perspective when they are trying to think some of this stuff thru

• Like 1