Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I could be wrong but with how our brand was messed up.....I just don't see anything but average from him. Maybe I'm wrong though. If he can have some guys put up some big time numbers then maybe we can have something but I don't think it's going to be some big impact that it seems some others are thinking.

I think throughout everything people aren't using the right perspective when they are trying to think some of this stuff thru

Oh damn well that sucks... Hopefully he can do it. I guess we shall see. 

What do you think he would need to do to fix it?

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Harsin may have our recruited him for high schoolers based on rankings. But Lane sent his QB and 2 RBs to the NFL, while losing both tackles. He replaced them with three high schoolers, a portal QB, and a portal RB and has a better offense this year than last. His methods are different but he’s proven he can reload, one way or the other. 

People say "stars" and recruiting aren't everything, but in reality, you don't win national championships in todays college football without being near the top of the recruiting rankings every year. 

developing lower rated players and playing a good portal game may improve you from a bad/mediocre to a good team that can compete and not get blown out, but I don't think it can lead you to elite status or championships like straight up getting 5 stars on campus can. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

To me, that’s the big question.Not the “he’s a hired gun” stuff. 

He’s going to need a staff of crack recruiters. I think he can get it done.

He checks all of the other boxes 

The only thing I'm worried about,I guess not worried but have questions about is are we trying to elevate our level or just playing safe and want to make sure we stay at least average

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Oh damn well that sucks... Hopefully he can do it. I guess we shall see. 

What do you think he would need to do to fix it?

Lol at war Tim just laughing at stuff....Literally have no idea what he's laughing at 😂

But anyway of course winning would fix everything. If we can have a sleeper season and build some momentum to ride would be great. As far as trying to fix our brand.....show he actually cares, listen to his players whenever issues comes up. Try to make this program not be as dry as it has been these last few years you know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People say "stars" and recruiting aren't everything, but in reality, you don't win national championships in todays college football without being near the top of the recruiting rankings every year. 

developing lower rated players and playing a good portal game may improve you from a bad/mediocre to a good team that can compete and not get blown out, but I don't think it can lead you to elite status or championships like straight up getting 5 stars on campus can. 

Always been a problem with us as far as fan support imo.

The Lane Kiffin situation is such a slippery slope. There is no evidence we can point to that says he can take Auburn to where we want. Unlike Kirby and Deion when people mentioning them leaving for greener pastures Lane has a pattern which indicates a 3 year tenure. He will definitely be an upgrade from the last coach. However, how much who knows. The staff he surrounds himself will be really important. I like some worry about using analytics too much instead of being a coach and using it based on the flow of the game. The first time Auburn loses a few games because of it people gonna loose it

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I want a roster of 5 stars too. Who’s doesn’t. Mario Cristabol may be the best individual recruiter of any HC in the country and we almost hired him because of that. But he can’t win consistently. Go look up the HS ratings of Zach Evans, Jaxson Dart, and Michael Trigg that LK brought to Ole Miss. And Q Judkins is outperforming all of the 5 star RBs from last years class. LK can bring in talent to compete with anyone.  

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I guess it'd be important to know what you consider to be Lane Kiffins "low Character moves".

In my view Kiffin is certainly better on a "character" front than Hugh Freeze would have been. 

Talk about setting the bar low. 😆

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol at war Tim just laughing at stuff....Literally have no idea what he's laughing at 😂

But anyway of course winning would fix everything. If we can have a sleeper season and build some momentum to ride would be great. As far as trying to fix our brand.....show he actually cares, listen to his players whenever issues comes up. Try to make this program not be as dry as it has been these last few years you know?

Yeah I saw that I wondering myself haha 

Well here's to hoping to the future, I think we might be all surprised atleast I hope lol. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

I see a lot of Steve Spurrier traits in Kiffin:

Bold offenses: Can win with a running game (i.e., Spurrier's Lattimore teams at USCe) or throwing the ball all over the field (UF) based on available talent;

Spurrier's heart was not in recruiting, but he did well enough bringing in talent;

Good QB coach and developer (i.e., Weurfel; Grossman at UF; Garcia, Shaw at USCe);

Willingness to go for it on 4th down (USCe loss to AU in about 2013 when Spurrier went for it on virtually every 4th down call);

Trolling sarcasm; 

Visor;

Spurrier defenses were never strength of his teams. He typically won by outscoring opponents and often showed no mercy, most notably at UF.

I'm sure I'm missing other common traits, but there are enough of these to hope Kiffin will enjoy Spurrier-like success at AU.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Yeah I saw that I wondering myself haha 

Well here's to hoping to the future, I think we might be all surprised atleast I hope lol. 

If you were disagreeing or making fun of me it was funny of course....yeah I'm hoping for the best too. I know he knows to be successful he has to make it an environment people want to play here. I think it's vital for him to have a good start though as far as acclimating with the team. I just want it to be a strive to get better thing. Not a 8 wins if fine thing

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I hear ya.............but on the flip side.......Texas A&M says hello!!! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The only thing I'm worried about,I guess not worried but have questions about is are we trying to elevate our level or just playing safe and want to make sure we stay at least average

Kiffin has a chance at back-to-back 10 win seasons at Ole Miss.  Incredibly hard to do at that school.

Don't see how the hire wouldn't immediately elevate us.

• Like 5

Auburn is putting out the money to be a playoff contender - hopefully we will have a coach who can manage all of it to get us back to a championship level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Kiffin has a chance at back-to-back 10 win seasons at Ole Miss.  Incredibly hard to do at that school.

Don't see how the hire wouldn't immediately elevate us.

Respectfully, if u compare Ole Miss schedule to Auburn it shouldn’t be hard to do. They don’t have a Georgia or Penn State on the schedule. Switch schedules and Auburn is probably eligible 

7 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Auburn is putting out the money to be a playoff contender - hopefully we will have a coach who can manage all of it to get us back to a championship level.

That right there is the crutch. Market value. I do not care. I want continuous modes of being in the championship picture.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean Harsin out recruited him and he was not even trying, that is a huge concern.

Huh? Harsin has had AU consistently in the 40s throughout the 2023 class…believe it was #48 before he was fired. AU is currently at #51. Kiffin has Ole Miss currently at #25. 

54 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Spurrier defenses were never strength of his teams.

They were in 97 & 98, courtesy of Bob Stoops. Then Stoops went to OU.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

Huh? Harsin has had AU consistently in the 40s throughout the 2023 class…believe it was #48 before he was fired. AU is currently at #51. Kiffin has Ole Miss currently at #25. 

I was speaking on the last completed class….2022, not the current one. If Harsin was remotely trying I still think he would have beat out Kiffin.

Edited by PoetTiger

Dang it, apparently we have proposed to the slut. She's gonna be high maintenance for sure.  I had my hopes up for Dabo, although I never really believed.  She better keep Caddy in a high profile position where he can recruit and take over in a few years when she loses interest.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, if u compare Ole Miss schedule to Auburn it shouldn’t be hard to do. They don’t have a Georgia or Penn State on the schedule. Switch schedules and Auburn is probably eligible 

Ole Miss doesn't win 10 games in a season often.  Its a lot harder than you are giving credit for.  On average about once a decade there since integration.

If you're comparing Ole Miss to Auburn as apples to apples, then you're missing the big picture.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I was speaking on the last completed class….2022, not the current one. If Harsin was remotely trying I still think he would have beat out Kiffin.

2022 class Harsin at AU at #21. Kiffin at Ole Miss #27.

How do you go from #21 to #48 in ONE season? Answer: Prior staff’s recruiting efforts. Harsin had been on the job for 12 months by NSD 2021. Those were all essentially Gus’ recruits.

Edited by Viper