Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I like some worry about using analytics too much instead of being a coach and using it based on the flow of the game. The first time Auburn loses a few games because of it people gonna loose it

I am in this camp.  I hate how I have seen him go for the analytics the way he does.  Now, maybe he thought based on his team personnel and situation, that FGs were not going to win the game and tried to stay on the field.  As we've seen, it has backfired a lot.  With us having an elite, young kicker, I hope we take the points early in games and worry about analytics late where taking the risk makes more sense.  I'm sure there will be times that make me livid lol.  Otherwise, he has shown to be an elite play caller on offense.  I also think we will not be afraid to provide him with every resource needed for an all star staff and program improvements.  I feel we are going all in with this one.  I think as long as he continues being successful, this will be his last college stop unless he tries at the NFL level again.  We will do our part to retain him if things are still going well.  Bama be damned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

2022 class Harsin at AU at #21. Kiffin at Ole Miss #27.

How do you go from #21 to #48 in ONE season? Answer: Prior staff’s recruiting efforts. Harsin had been on the job for 12 months by NSD 2021. Those were all essentially Gus’ recruits.

And he had to close the deal and convince them to stay….even if he only tossed an Auburn hat their way, he still outperformed Kiffin. Ok, put it like this. Kiffin gonna have to recruit here, from the HC position. Also he is gonna have to do better here than what he has done at Ole Miss. Just can’t rely on the portal. So yeah if I am interviewing him, I want to know what his overall philosophy is on recruiting and how much effort he is gonna put into it. Also is he going to work 24/7 like Nick and Kirby…look he got a good offensive mind but that is only one piece of the pie we need a complete HC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Kiffin has a chance at back-to-back 10 win seasons at Ole Miss.  Incredibly hard to do at that school.

Don't see how the hire wouldn't immediately elevate us.

Elevate us how?

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

If you were disagreeing or making fun of me it was funny of course....yeah I'm hoping for the best too. I know he knows to be successful he has to make it an environment people want to play here. I think it's vital for him to have a good start though as far as acclimating with the team. I just want it to be a strive to get better thing. Not a 8 wins if fine thing

I wasn't I was legit asking bro I promise... 

53 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Also he is gonna have to do better here than what he has done at Ole Miss.

9 times out of 10, AU will out-recruit Ole Miss, regardless of the HCs. Further proof Harsin’s 22 class was a whopping 6 spots higher than Kiffin’s.

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I wasn't I was legit asking bro I promise... 

No I know. I could've worded my post better. I was just explaining why he laughed at your post. If he knew we were cool and we were actually having a good discussion he wouldn't have reacted. If it's you are disagreeing with me or making fun of me then it's funny or liked. 

Randomly next week go off on me. Just make up random stuff, there will be plenty who don't see this post. I guarantee 3-5 likes just because

• Like 1

Nobody knows for sure how Kiffin will do here. He could be great and win Championships or he could be mediocre and bang out 8 win season after 8 win season... BTW, that goes for all the other candidates as well..All any coach can bring to AU , until next fall is hope..

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

No I know. I could've worded my post better. I was just explaining why he laughed at your post. If he knew we were cool and we were actually having a good discussion he wouldn't have reacted. If it's you are disagreeing with me or making fun of me then it's funny or liked. 

Randomly next week go off on me. Just make up random stuff, there will be plenty who don't see this post. I guarantee 3-5 likes just because

It probably doesn't help that I'm dealing with a cold and probably read your post fast lol. 

Nah it ain't worth it too me... I don't care if these people like me or listen I just post and the ones that do care respond the ones who don't don't... It works out quite nicely less bs haha

3 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Am I the only one who still thinks it may not be Lane? Seems like everyone thinks it’s a foregone conclusion but I don’t know…🤷‍♂️

It is.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn
1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

It probably doesn't help that I'm dealing with a cold and probably read your post fast lol. 

Nah it ain't worth it too me... I don't care if these people like me or listen I just post and the ones that do care respond the ones who don't don't... It works out quite nicely less bs haha

I've feel like I'm so old on this board....I've seen it all. I can tell agendas and thoughts after a few posts. When something happens I know what's going to be on the board before I log on. I think I'm starting to feel what mcloof did

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Elevate us how?

Battling for consistent 10 win seasons aren't something we are used to at Auburn.  If he can pull that off at Ole Miss, then yes, I think he could do it at Auburn.  And that's immediately elevating the program.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Am I the only one who still thinks it may not be Lane? Seems like everyone thinks it’s a foregone conclusion but I don’t know…🤷‍♂️

So Lane is gonna take the guaranteed 4 years over what Auburn can dwarf? Lane must really hate money.

3110c74d-2763-4ee6-b635-92b877b8c9d5_tex

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Willingness to go for it on 4th down (USCe loss to AU in about 2013 when Spurrier went for it on virtually every 4th down call);

That's the only game Spurrier ever did that. He did it because Auburn had a lot better team than he did and his only chance to win was to go into full desperation mode. It didn't work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Battling for consistent 10 win seasons aren't something we are used to at Auburn.  If he can pull that off at Ole Miss, then yes, I think he could do it at Auburn.  And that's immediately elevating the program.

Ok if he does that. I agree. But that's not a guarantee. Ole miss don't have our exact schedule. That Georgia game would absolutely be an extra loss. 

To me even with those seasons ole miss is still ole miss to me. I don't really see any elevation. But I certainly could be wrong. We will see and I will be hoping for the best.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hasn’t been done at AU since 88-89 and only once in our history, so yes that would elevate us. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Literally the only sporting event I will be paying attention to Friday.  Lane can wait.

Go States!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ok if he does that. I agree. But that's not a guarantee. Ole miss don't have our exact schedule. That Georgia game would absolutely be an extra loss. 

To me even with those seasons ole miss is still ole miss to me. I don't really see any elevation. But I certainly could be wrong. We will see and I will be hoping for the best.

Who would you have hired?

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

These players don't need guidance any more than non athletes students with no coaches who seem to do fine

Regular students don’t spend most of their time being led and disciplined under the direction of one person.  The average regular student doesn’t come from the same background the typical scholarship football player comes from. Many (not all of course, but many) come from tough backgrounds and absolutely do need more guidance than the average student. Try doing inner city ministry one time. It’s not being emotional at all. It’s actually caring about what happens to these young men. It’s actually caring whether they are taught to be grown up children lacking character or raised to be good men. A message board isn’t sufficient to explain it to those that don’t see it. You guys can desire to win at all costs and just accept the status quo. I’ll be different.  No worries. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Who would you have hired?

I would have hired Sanders. But as far as the convo you just quoted, he said Lane immediately elevates us and I don't think the hire immediately does that. Well I guess getting Harsin out immediately helps recruiting but literally hiring anybody does that simply by the removal of Harsin. 

But overall Lane has major questions just like everybody else did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would have hired Sanders. But as far as the convo you just quoted, he said Lane immediately elevates us and I don't think the hire immediately does that. Well I guess getting Harsin out immediately helps recruiting but literally hiring anybody does that simply by the removal of Harsin. 

Sure there are questions about Lane but much fewer than Sanders.  It seems like the best job DS is supposedly linked to is South Florida, which is about right imo.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I see a lot of Steve Spurrier traits in Kiffin:

Bold offenses: Can win with a running game (i.e., Spurrier's Lattimore teams at USCe) or throwing the ball all over the field (UF) based on available talent;

Spurrier's heart was not in recruiting, but he did well enough bringing in talent;

Good QB coach and developer (i.e., Weurfel; Grossman at UF; Garcia, Shaw at USCe);

Willingness to go for it on 4th down (USCe loss to AU in about 2013 when Spurrier went for it on virtually every 4th down call);

Trolling sarcasm; 

Visor;

Spurrier defenses were never strength of his teams. He typically won by outscoring opponents and often showed no mercy, most notably at UF.

I'm sure I'm missing other common traits, but there are enough of these to hope Kiffin will enjoy Spurrier-like success at AU.

Spurrier wouldn’t make it today. The dedication of having top notch quality players at the top programs wasn’t near then what it is now. He’d have to recruit a whole lot better to succeed now anywhere close to what he did then IMO

This is all going to look absurd if this was just a tweet by Jon Sokoloff designed to give MSU an edge in Thursday night's Egg Bowl.  When I see Lane Kiffin's "counter-tweet" about Sokoloff taking a job at another TV station, it makes me ponder why Kiffin went to so much trouble to think that up if he is planning to leave Ole Miss.  It is one thing to deny something in an answer to a question -- that is easy.  But going to the trouble to think up a clever counter-tweet to get back at somebody?  That seems like a lot of extra, unnecessary work.

Edited by miscram6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This hire seems to be the best pool of realistic candidates we’ve had in several searches, but also a search where every candidate comes with baggage/question marks. I’m hanging my hopes on finally having alignment with the Pres/AD/BOT and accelerating NIL will be enough to make whoever it is successful enough to be an annual contender. Time will tell. 

• Like 2