318 yards rushing

fasttimes

We scored 27 running a crude option offense. Great to see. If we had some speck of a passing game then that game comes down to the last possession. 

I would take Auburn and the points today next year if I could right now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, au701948 said:

We “AU” had 2 huge turnovers and gave up 14 quick points off them. Regardless 35-24 would still not have been a Win. Such is the game of football.

Look at Jarquez's fumble again. He was gone for a TD if he holds on, or at the very least a long gainer. That's not just a 7 point reversal, that's 14. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Against one of the top rush defenses in the country, on the road, with the same oline harsin had.

Pretty impressive even though losing still sucks.

Knowing this was the situation and the only game plan, and yet Auburn was still able to accomplish this is quite astounding.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

Knowing this was the situation and the only game plan, and yet Auburn was still able to accomplish this is quite astounding.

It really is. What a great effort. I wish the defense would have been up to par today.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Against one of the top rush defenses in the country, on the road, with the same oline harsin had.

I hope that Bama plays a great rushing team in their bowl game.  

• Like 1

Yeah that was impressive, everybody knows what we’re going to do and teams still didn’t stop it. Also the run plays were creative, caddy and friend added new wrinkles weekly. They had the offense looking actually competent.

Imagine if we were more consistent in the passing game. That offense could’ve actually been something. Ashford gotta put a lot of work in over the offseason as a passer but he also said he had like a million injuries which obviously affected him throwing the ball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I hope that Bama plays a great rushing team in their bowl game, and gets donkey dung kicked out of them!

FIFY

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Just shows how awful Harsin was. Didn’t we have a couple games where Robbie threw it 40 or more times?

From day 1 some of us said we needed to lean on Robbie’s legs and basically run the Malzahn read offense. The last 4 games we saw it.

Saw the stat that we’ve rushed for 250+ yards in 4 straight for the first time since 2013.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Just shows how awful Harsin was. Didn’t we have a couple games where Robbie threw it 40 or more times?

From day 1 some of us said we needed to lean on Robbie’s legs and basically run the Malzahn read offense. The last 4 games we saw it.

Saw the stat that we’ve rushed for 250+ yards in 4 straight for the first time since 

I wish we had let him go sooner. We probably would have won another game or two and been bowl eligible.

Edited by Dshep4au
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

It’s amazing how much better we are instantly with the cancer that is Harsin, gone.  

Imagine what would happen if all of Auburn (administration, PTB, boosters, coaches,  players,  fans, etc.) would unite.

Oh, well ...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

I agree completely. Jarquez in his two brief years, reads and hits holes better than Tank. Also, from the very little I’ve seen from Alston, he may be even better than both of them. Great job from this unprepared staff, making us at least look good in wins and losses. Hard not to want Caddy as a HC even with no experience. AU has ZERO to lose at this point and plenty to gain. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Imagine what would happen if all of Auburn (administration, PTB, boosters, coaches,  players,  fans, etc.) would unite.

Oh, well ...

Maybe when we know who it is!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree completely. Jarquez in his two brief years, reads and hits holes better than Tank. Also, from the very little I’ve seen from Alston, he may be even better than both of them. Great job from this unprepared staff, making us at least look good in wins and losses. Hard not to want Caddy as a HC even with no experience. AU has ZERO to lose at this point and plenty to gain. 

There is much to lose if this choice doesn’t work out.

9 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I don’t think Jarquez hits the hole harder than Tank, Jarquez usually just has more creative run plays called for him and the lanes open up for him. Tank has regular run plays called for him and he has to do a lot of the work himself 

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Saw the stat that we’ve rushed for 250+ yards in 4 straight for the first time since 2013.

Also shows that this roster is much, MUCH better than its record. 

1 hour ago, AUAlumnTN said:

We can thank Harsin for that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Cadillac, Friend and Hilliard put some magic together in a hurry for the last month. If Robby was more consistent passing….

18 hours ago, woodford said:

We scored 27 running a crude option offense. Great to see. If we had some speck of a passing game then that game comes down to the last possession. 

If we had had Nick Marshall yesterday, we win. 

• Love 1