Deion

WarEagle1982

It’s a very tough job. Colorado is beyond awful with a tough recruiting footprint (and he hasnt recruited that area before). Plus the PAC appears to be improving. Surprised he took it. I’m an alpha Deion fan - but he just signed up for a nightmare turn around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Really wish we hired him. 

To not even get him an interview or a chance at being hired is what's supremely dissapointing. All this talk about how "Cohen is definitely not beholden to the boosters w this hire" needs to be rephrased for future hires to "is he or is he not going to be cucked by jimmy sexton". I certainly hope Freeze dominates and elevates but this search has been quite revealing how the game operates through one man w that being Sexton.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s a very tough job. Colorado is beyond awful with a tough recruiting footprint (and he hasnt recruited that area before). Plus the PAC appears to be improving. Surprised he took it. I’m an alpha Deion fan - but he just signed up for a nightmare turn around.

Yeah, I think this is a true 'sink or swim' test for him.  If he can prove he can recruit & win there, then that will set him up for higher profile jobs.  

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Hmm, not seeing this big PR nightmare Mikey.. Strange

He hates Deion for some reason. Next he'll come in and provide about 5 different posts of some sexual assault allegations and attempted suicide. 

4 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

He hates Deion for some reason. Next he'll come in and provide about 5 different posts of some sexual assault allegations and attempted suicide. 

Those accusations have already been documented. If what's previously been posted here isn't enough for you, read Sanders's book.

6 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

So is he going to tell all the JSU players not to go to the portal but his son can go with him to Colorado? 

No. Apparently he's bringing 11 JSU players with him including his son to play QB. So much for supporting the HBCU's.

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Less than 24 hours 

You do realize that this player won't suit up for any college for three years, right? You do follow recruiting enough to know that a class of '25 commitment is of questionable if any value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I don't understand why he turned down Cincinnati for Colorado.

Was Sanders offered the Cincinnati job? They may well have looked into the situation and like Auburn, decided to go another direction.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Those accusations have already been documented. If what's previously been posted here isn't enough for you, read Sanders's book.

No. Apparently he's bringing 11 JSU players with him including his son to play QB. So much for supporting the HBCU's.

You do realize that this player won't suit up for any college for three years, right? You do follow recruiting enough to know that a class of '25 commitment is of questionable if any value.

Mikey, I don’t always agree with your posts. But I respect your takes. You’re 110% spot on with this one. Kudos, sir. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

To not even get him an interview or a chance at being hired is what's supremely dissapointing. All this talk about how "Cohen is definitely not beholden to the boosters w this hire" needs to be rephrased for future hires to "is he or is he not going to be cucked by jimmy sexton". I certainly hope Freeze dominates and elevates but this search has been quite revealing how the game operates through one man w that being Sexton.

Word is we did reach out to Sanders’ camp, but the level of disorganization was so high that it was clear his crew didn’t have what it takes to successfully run an elite program at the P5 level, at this time anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

Word is we did reach out to Sanders’ camp, but the level of disorganization was so high that it was clear his crew didn’t have what it takes to successfully run an elite program at the P5 level, at this time anyway. 

Well, I wasn't going to say it but since it's been brought up:  The reaction Auburn officials had to what they found at JSU was "don't touch it with a ten-foot pole."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Was Sanders offered the Cincinnati job? They may well have looked into the situation and like Auburn, decided to go another direction.

What "situation" do you speak of?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Some national media said USF, Cincy and Colorado were Deion's final 3 choices. Some say that all 3 offered him, others don't mention offers.

If he went to Cincinnati, he would be compared to Brian Kelly, Butch Jones and Luke Fickell. All 3 won big there. Tubs was average there and also burnt out. 

At Colorado, if he goes .500 they'll build him a statue. Plus, USC is leaving for the Big 10 so Deion also knows he won't have to deal with the ass whippings from Lincoln Riley every year. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Well, I wasn't going to say it but since it's been brought up:  The reaction Auburn officials had to what they found at JSU was "don't touch it with a ten-foot pole."

I think we’ve shown a very high tolerance for touching just about anything with any length pole.  We’re a reputational dumpster fire. However, I do think freeze and sanders will always be compared because of what happened - fair or not.  The irony is, aside from his divisiveness, I do think freeze is a safer hire to get us back to where we were. Upper mid tier. However, if the goal is consistently take on uga, bama, and lsu - that means top 5 recruiting - and in that context imo Deion’s elite potential  (who has risks) vs freeze (who has different risks) isn’t even a fair fight.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think we’ve shown a very high tolerance for touching just about anything with any length pole

Then that should raise even more alarm bells about Sanders.

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

What "situation" do you speak of?

Sanders's situation at JSU. Every coach who was evaluated had his situation looked into as part of the evaluation. According the the ITAT newsletter, 18 coaches were evaluated and 11 were interviewed. Apparently Sanders was one of the seven who didn't make the cut to be interviewed. At least his promoters here say he wasn't interviewed.

People with no personal risk at all wanted Sanders to be hired because if it blows up it's no skin off their noses. Those with something to lose and who would be subject to embarrassment and professional disdain aren't so interested in taking a pie in the sky gamble on an unknown and unproven commodity such as Sanders.

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then that should raise even more alarm bells about Sanders.

That wasn’t why they passed.  Colorado vets and has lawyers too. Nor the P5 issue.  We both know that. It was always about “fit”, culture, and our boaster personality types. DS is a flashy prima donna who’d suck up the lime light.  Worse he’s wealthy and would be impossible to control.  Freeze was perfect - desperate and therefore easy to control. You’re smart enough to see DS’s elite ceiling and ability to attract a superior staff is much higher than freezes. Not even close. But it’d drive some people crazy how he’d do it.

Way down deep, anyone with an 9th grade education knows ds (or dabo) was our best chance to truely take on uga.  But “fit” has a price.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Way down deep, anyone with an 9th grade education knows ds (or dabo) was our best chance to truely take on uga.  But “fit” has a price.

I don't think Sanders would have lasted here as long as Harsin did. Bringing in his "Heisman candidate" son and putting him first above our other QB's wouldn't have been a good start. This alleged recruiting he'd perform is nothing but wishful thinking. He's never even tried to put together a full roster of SEC quality players. The guy isn't qualified for the AU job, period. He's not qualified for the Colorado job either but I have a niece out there and there are a lot of people at that place who aren't entirely sane.

FWIW, I strongly suspect that Cincy gave Sanders a hard pass. Possibly Florida Atlantic did too.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think Sanders would have lasted here as long as Harsin did. Bringing in his "Heisman candidate" son and putting him first above our other QB's wouldn't have been a good start. This alleged recruiting he'd perform is nothing but wishful thinking. He's never even tried to put together a full roster of SEC quality players. The guy isn't qualified for the AU job, period. He's not qualified for the Colorado job either but I have a niece out there and there are a lot of people at that place who aren't entirely sane.

FWIW, I strongly suspect that Cincy gave Sanders a hard pass. Possibly Florida Atlantic did too.

We’ll see.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

If he can get them to bowl games 2 out of 3 or 4 years, they need to build a statue of him in Boulder.