Deion

WarEagle1982

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Some national media said USF, Cincy and Colorado were Deion's final 3 choices. Some say that all 3 offered him, others don't mention offers.

If he went to Cincinnati, he would be compared to Brian Kelly, Butch Jones and Luke Fickell. All 3 won big there. Tubs was average there and also burnt out. 

At Colorado, if he goes .500 they'll build him a statue. Plus, USC is leaving for the Big 10 so Deion also knows he won't have to deal with the ass whippings from Lincoln Riley every year. 

I agree 1000% with this. If he fails at Colorado like many others have then he's likely to get a pass and/or blame it on the set up at CU. My nephews, now grown grew up in Lakewood and Golden, CO playing football. One played D3 in CO and the other went to CU for a couple years.

The one that attended CU expressed his surprise that Deion choose CU. He's really worried that CU will continue to not be as committed as they need to be regarding resources needed to help Deion. He describes CU as being elitist towards college football like some other PAC 12 schools. 

I know USF isn't a Power 5 but they clearly are serious about football and it's in FL. If he could've made USF into a program similar to UCF i think that could've propelled him into a better job than CU. But we shall see. If Deion can get CU to bowl games 2 years out of 3 or 4 then I'd consider that amazing. I don't think he'll be at CU long if that does happen. 

On 12/4/2022 at 12:40 AM, TeamZero77 said:

I don't understand why he turned down Cincinnati for Colorado. Cincinnati has kicked ass under Brian Kelly, Butch Jones and Luke Fickel. Tuberville was pretty average there but it's a winning team. They'll also enter the Big 12 soon. Even the South Florida job would've been better due to being in Florida and getting those recruits. Colorado is just a weird fit for Deion. It's a P5 job but that's about it.

He will have a much longer leash and grace period at CU. Cincy isn't going to put up with sucking which is very possible despite what a large group of folks on here think.

South Florida didn't get the invite to the Big 12 so he probably wants to be in a P5 school.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think Sanders would have lasted here as long as Harsin did. Bringing in his "Heisman candidate" son and putting him first above our other QB's wouldn't have been a good start. This alleged recruiting he'd perform is nothing but wishful thinking. He's never even tried to put together a full roster of SEC quality players. The guy isn't qualified for the AU job, period. He's not qualified for the Colorado job either but I have a niece out there and there are a lot of people at that place who aren't entirely sane.

FWIW, I strongly suspect that Cincy gave Sanders a hard pass. Possibly Florida Atlantic did too.

Now do Trent Dilfer.

• Like 1

I think this is a good hire for Colorado. If I was Sanders I'd have probably went to USF though. 

Colorado is one of the worst teams in FBS. I don't think it matters whether Deion is "qualified" for the job or not. They are at rock bottom and need some excitement in the program which is what Sanders brings. 

Will it lead to recruits and wins? We'll see. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger