2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Came to post this.  We want a guard?

39 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Immediately eligible??? How’s that work?

@Jgarrett7 supposedly would have to apply for a waiver, but those have not been hard to get from the NCAA.

He might have changed his mind....also some tweets apparently he has a torn labrum.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Immediately eligible??? How’s that work?

It's only within SEC teams that players have to announce before February. Now, if he actually enrolled at Florida, that's a different story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's only within SEC teams that players have to announce before February. Now, if he actually enrolled at Florida, that's a different story.

Right, I thought he already transferred to Florida. Maybe I’m mistaken.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He might have changed his mind....also some tweets apparently he has a torn labrum.  

Yup & per a couple articles JHead at On3 found, the new NCAA Pres may be making a 2nd transfer to play immediately without graduating much tougher for players to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok. I smell a rat! Joe Goodman ain't the best journalist around, I get that.  But he has connections.  He is insinuating big time that Bo Nix is coming back to AU. He sings Nixs praises in his column today.  Have to take him w grain of salt though. I vividly remember him crowing for Bo to be benched in favor of TJ. I've always said Danny Hugh has something up his sleeve when he didn't take a portal QB this past winter

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So yeah, time to hit the TP hard for a QB.

I think theres zero chance Freeze goes into this season without bringing in a QB to start over any of the three here now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok. I smell a rat! Joe Goodman ain't the best journalist around, I get that.  But he has connections.  He is insinuating big time that Bo Nix is coming back to AU. He sings Nixs praises in his column today.  Have to take him w grain of salt though. I vividly remember him crowing for Bo to be benched in favor of TJ. I've always said Danny Hugh has something up his sleeve when he didn't take a portal QB this past winter

@NWALA Tiger It was reported recently that Bo has a $2 mil NIL deal in place at Oregon. Highly doubt he is returning. Also reading anything by Goodman is hazerdous to your health.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@NWALA Tiger It was reported recently that Bo has a $2 mil NIL deal in place at Oregon. Highly doubt he is returning. Also reading anything by Goodman is hazerdous to your health.

Many in our fanbase owe Bo a giant apology.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's why I put the disclaimer in there.  Who is Bo's NIL with?

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Over the years I've read many statements on this and other forums, but this has to be the MOST truthful and MOST accurate of them all.  Goodman has practically zero connections to anyone at Auburn who is in the know.  There's a better chance of Patrick Nix becoming the next head coach of the New England Patriots than Bo coming back to Auburn.

• Like 1

I’m very interested to see what happens when the portal opens.  
We need a QB, a WR, probably another OL.  Also we need a pass rusher (our Jack), and another versatile DB for depth/numbers purposes.  
I am confident that TJ is gone.   Not sure who else is leaving.  🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Over the years I've read many statements on this and other forums, but this has to be the MOST truthful and MOST accurate of them all.  Goodman has practically zero connections to anyone at Auburn who is in the know.  There's a better chance of Patrick Nix becoming the next head coach of the New England Patriots than Bo coming back to Auburn.

Enlighten us as to why your so sure? I mean I doubt he would come back. But I'm not in Bo's head or Daddy Pat's either. This idea has been kicked around on this forum as well. Again I doubt  he would come back, but I don't know that 4 sure

Edited by NWALA Tiger

14 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Enlighten us as to why your so sure? I mean I doubt he would come back. But I'm not in Bo's head or Daddy Pat's either. This idea has been kicked around on this forum as well. Again I doubt  he would come back, but I don't know that 4 sure

Why would he?  Bo wants to make it in the NFL.  He has 1 more year of eligibility left.  Oregon has proven to be a life changer for him in  that he put up numbers that made NFL scouts take notice.  He has players around him who can make plays and help him showcase his ability.  Unfortunately at Auburn (at this time) we are lacking in the skill players a QB needs to help him.  He also has a OLine that gives him protection.  We may have that but the jury is still out.

Plus he wasn't happy with the way some fans treated him over his last 2 years.  He got the majority of the blame for the poor offense when it wasn't totally his fault.  From everything I hear he is still very happy at Oregon.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Why would he?  Bo wants to make it in the NFL.  He has 1 more year of eligibility left.  Oregon has proven to be a life changer for him in  that he put up numbers that made NFL scouts take notice.  He has players around him who can make plays and help him showcase his ability.  Unfortunately at Auburn (at this time) we are lacking in the skill players a QB needs to help him.  He also has a OLine that gives him protection.  We may have that but the jury is still out.

Plus he wasn't happy with the way some fans treated him over his last 2 years.  He got the majority of the blame for the poor offense when it wasn't totally his fault.  From everything I hear he is still very happy at Oregon.

I agree with your reasoning.  But there could be other things at play too. I doubt he comes back, but I never say never to most everything in life