Editorial From a Christian: A question to conservative Christians on gay marriage: Why draw the line here?

CoffeeTiger

No one has declared war on "christianity".  "Christianity" has declared war on Jesus.  The hypocrisy is now glaring and,,, it is turning people away from God.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:11 AM, icanthearyou said:

I am not.  Now,,, you are bearing false witness.  Man elevated the status of the bible, not Jesus. 

Man has not “elevated the status of the Bible. The Bible is Holy because God is Holy. Christian’s believe the historians and prophets or writers were inspired by Gods word. There are even instances in the Bible where Moses was instructed to “record” specific things, the Commandments, the precise building of the tabernacle, laws, etc….

I get what you are saying in “using the Bible as sword” and worshipping the Church. It happens and it’s wrong. Problem is your incessant broad brush painting of Christians in that light.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:43 PM, homersapien said:

Anyone can arbitrarily choose any given passage in the bible and claim it is based on the "deity of God and His power, righteousness and justice".

I have quoted it in the past…..just sharing

Proverbs 25:24 New International Version (NIV)

Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Man has not “elevated the status of the Bible. The Bible is Holy because God is Holy. Christian’s believe the historians and prophets or writers were inspired by Gods word. There are even instances in the Bible where Moses was instructed to “record” specific things, the Commandments, the precise building of the tabernacle, laws, etc….

I get what you are saying in “using the Bible as sword” and worshipping the Church. It happens and it’s wrong. Problem is your incessant broad brush painting of Christians in that light.

Sorry to offend you but,,, IMHO, "Christianity" is failing because,,, the bible has displaced Jesus.  Politics and capitalism have displaced Jesus.  The church has a long history of putting it's power and survival ahead of it's true mission,,, spreading the love of Jesus.

I believe that following Jesus is much more important than following the religion of "Christianity".

The idea that the bible is the word of God was conceived by man.  That cannot be argued by anything other than pure opinion/speculation.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I have quoted it in the past…..just sharing

Proverbs 25:24 New International Version (NIV)

Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Spent much time on the corner of your roof, Salty? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry to offend you but,,, IMHO, "Christianity" is failing because,,, the bible has displaced Jesus.  Politics and capitalism have displaced Jesus.  The church has a long history of putting it's power and survival ahead of it's true mission,,, spreading the love of Jesus.

I believe that following Jesus is much more important than following the religion of "Christianity".

The idea that the bible is the word of God was conceived by man.  That cannot be argued by anything other than pure opinion/speculation.

You are not offending me and get your frustration with the church. I get Coffee often pointing out the hypocrisy.

I understand the argument about Gods inspiration and the Bible. I do see the Bible as a good starting place and attempt to read it in full once a year. Find it fascinating other than burdensome reading of Leviticus.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Spent much time on the corner of your roof, Salty? 

If it goes for a quarrelsome husband bet Mrs. Homer has an elevator to the roof.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are not offending me and get your frustration with the church. I get Coffee often pointing out the hypocrisy.

I understand the argument about Gods inspiration and the Bible. I do see the Bible as a good starting place and attempt to read it in full once a year. Find it fascinating other than burdensome reading of Leviticus.

I go to church and, read the bible (admittedly, I have little use for the OT).  However, my personal relationship with Jesus is where I try to put all emphasis.  I think we would all do much better by returning to the love of Jesus as the cornerstone of faith, not politics, clergy, ritual, a book.

I believe we are much better off exploring the love and spirituality of Jesus rather than, putting so much energy into the religion itself.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, icanthearyou said:

Politics and capitalism have displaced Jesus. 

I agree 💯 with this. We are not a Christian nation, we are a Dollar nation. 

• Like 3

On 3/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, icanthearyou said:

So alike here.

• Like 1