uga vs TCU

yngwie1995

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

We were only down 14 to UGa at halftime. 

Maybe Harsin wasn't so...ah nevermind.

Even though Auburn wasn’t the greatest. Still probably has more talent than TCU

23 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

The UGA fanbase has been worse than Bammers for the last 2 years. I think Bammers have always been used to winning SEC and National Championships so they're not quiet as cocky about it. They're cocky but not UGA fan cocky. UGA fans haven't had this kinda dominance since Hershel Walker 1980 - 1982 years. Now they're about to be 29 - 1 the last 2 seasons and back to back titles and they don't know how to handle it. Humble isn't in their vocabulary. 

As long as Kirby is at UGA, it's going to be hell recruiting against them and beating them on the field. I will say this though, Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss beat Kirby Smart defenses in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The first 2 wins were when Kirby was DC at Bama and the 3rd win was against Kirby at Georgia. No other coach can say that he beat them 3 years in a row. 

I'm not saying Freeze will beat Kirby and UGA regularly but I'm glad we have Freeze in our corner because he has given Saban and Kirby some problems in the past. 

I’’ve always believed Kirby fired Gus through starving our recruiting base and the resulting on field results. Only time will tell if Freeze was a big enough hire to challenge the current sec recruiting status quo. Hope you’re right. 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’’ve always believed Kirby fired Gus through starving our recruiting base and the resulting on field results. Only time will tell if Freeze was a big enough hire to challenge the current sec recruiting status quo. Hope you’re right. 

Nah, Gus fired Gus by winging it on OL hires.

Edited by AUwent

This game shows how important the LOS is.  Uga is destroying the frogs on OL and DL.  Combine that w an accurate (albeit cocky) qb surrounded by talent and this is recipe for success.  TCU has zero chance in the trenches

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

We were only down 14 to UGa at halftime. 

Maybe Harsin wasn't so...ah nevermind.

Speaking of Harsin, I thought he might be part of the pregame panel with Saban!
hehehehe!

I wonder if Alabama and it's fans will try to claim the 2021 and 2022 National Titles because Kirby was an asst. at Bama? Maybe they'll claim the 2016 and 2018 Natty's as well because Dabo played at Bama. 😂 

I'm obviously joking but you all know that Bammers will claim a National Title that they don't deserve. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I wonder if Alabama and it's fans will try to claim the 2021 and 2022 National Titles because Kirby was an asst. at Bama? Maybe they'll claim the 2016 and 2018 Natty's as well because Dabo played at Bama. 😂 

I'm obviously joking but you all know that Bammers will claim a National Title that they don't deserve. 

It was fun at half time as saban listened quietly to the entire analyst round table stating uga was the new football dynasty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

I'll have to hear this go dawgs bulls@$% now tomorrow 🤮

I live in AL, so it has been as bad for me the last two years.  My heart goes out to you.  Just put your blinders on and ear plugs in, and keep moving.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

I'll have to hear this go dawgs bulls@$% now tomorrow 🤮

I understand. What’s even worse is they may just be getting started.  The good news is that we share they’re recruiting footprint - if we can start recruiting at an elite level (especially in atl/ga), we can weaken them as well.

50 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No more Cincinnatis, tcu’s, or even notre dame. I understand the temptation, but just don’t.

This. It wasn't even just a "bad night". This was a "you didn't belong anywhere near the playoff". Sorry, but a NC game should never be this lopsided. This was about as bad as AU vs Purdue a few years ago (although, I felt like that was just one of those games where everything was going right for us).

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I live in AL, so it has been as bad for me the last two years.  My heart goes out to you.  Just put your blinders on and ear plugs in, and keep moving.

The only good thing is the 2 guys in my division at work is a Seminole and a gator. I'll be shielded a little bit lol.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. What’s even worse is they may just be getting started.  The good news is that we share they’re recruiting footprint - if we can start recruiting at an elite level (especially in atl/ga), we can weaken them as well.

This is why I laughed at those that said but but Freeze cheated in recruiting is the reason he was successful. Well what the hell do you think Saban and Smart are doing. Freeze understands it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

This is why I laughed at those that said but but Freeze cheated in recruiting is the reason he was successful. Well what the hell do you think Saban and Smart are doing. Freeze understands it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

I was a dabo/ sanders guy because I thought we needed to completely shock the recruiting status quo. Hopefully your wolf logic is right and I’m wrong  - because it’s a full blown arms race now.  And our historical rivals are the 2 biggest recruiting apex predators in football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I was a dabo/ sanders guy because I thought we needed to completely shock the recruiting status quo. Hopefully your wolf logic is right and I’m wrong  - because it’s a full blown arms race now.  And our historical rivals are the 2 biggest recruiting apex predators in football.

If the Chiz can haul in a top 5 class, then there is no reason Freeze can't accomplish the same thing. Even if the class is 8 to 12 a difference maker at QB puts you in the ballgame.

1 minute ago, Shadow Tiger said:

If the Chiz can haul in a top 5 class, then there is no reason Freeze can't accomplish the same thing. Even if the class is 8 to 12 a difference maker at QB puts you in the ballgame.

Im doubtful that recruiting bar is high enough any more unless we can get a cam miracle every 3 years…. Throw in lsu had the #6 class and I think the days of having the #10 class and feeling good are over - it just means we probably wont be favored for 3-4 of our games 2 years later.  We’ll see.

I know most people will say that TCU didn't deserve to be in the CFP and that the real National Title game was last weeks UGA vs OSU game. 

Georgia beat Ohio State 42-41 on a missed FG by the OSU kicker. Michigan blew out Ohio State at Ohio State. Plus, it was the last game of the regular season so it was recent. TCU then beat Michigan in the CFP. 

So if TCU had no right to be in the CFP, who did? A 2 loss Alabama that lost to a 4 loss LSU team? The same LSU team that lost to a 5-7 Texas A&M the last week of the regular season. The same LSU that got crushed by Georgia in the SECCG? 

I think the committee got it as close as you could ask for. Both 1st round games in the CFP were amazing games and we've NEVER had 2 great semifinals games in the CFP until this year. Georgia was going to curb stomp whatever team showed up to play them tonight. They're just that good now. I liked the 4 teams that were selected because it kept Bama out of the CFP. 

Bottomline is when you're dealing with 18 - 22 year old guys, you're not sure what team will show up from week to week. Georgia just has the talent and depth to be the most consistent this year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1