uga vs TCU

yngwie1995

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I know most people will say that TCU didn't deserve to be in the CFP and that the real National Title game was last weeks UGA vs OSU game. 

Georgia beat Ohio State 42-41 on a missed FG by the OSU kicker. Michigan blew out Ohio State at Ohio State. Plus, it was the last game of the regular season so it was recent. TCU then beat Michigan in the CFP. 

So if TCU had no right to be in the CFP, who did? A 2 loss Alabama that lost to a 4 loss LSU team? The same LSU team that lost to a 5-7 Texas A&M the last week of the regular season. The same LSU that got crushed by Georgia in the SECCG? 

I think the committee got it as close as you could ask for. Both 1st round games in the CFP were amazing games and we've NEVER had 2 great semifinals games in the CFP until this year. Georgia was going to curb stomp whatever team showed up to play them tonight. They're just that good now. I liked the 4 teams that were selected because it kept Bama out of the CFP. 

Bottomline is when you're dealing with 18 - 22 year old guys, you're not sure what team will show up from week to week. Georgia just has the talent and depth to be the most consistent this year.

This. Why even play the games if UAT is just going to be let in no matter what?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I know most people will say that TCU didn't deserve to be in the CFP and that the real National Title game was last weeks UGA vs OSU game. 

Georgia beat Ohio State 42-41 on a missed FG by the OSU kicker. Michigan blew out Ohio State at Ohio State. Plus, it was the last game of the regular season so it was recent. TCU then beat Michigan in the CFP. 

So if TCU had no right to be in the CFP, who did? A 2 loss Alabama that lost to a 4 loss LSU team? The same LSU team that lost to a 5-7 Texas A&M the last week of the regular season. The same LSU that got crushed by Georgia in the SECCG? 

I think the committee got it as close as you could ask for. Both 1st round games in the CFP were amazing games and we've NEVER had 2 great semifinals games in the CFP until this year. Georgia was going to curb stomp whatever team showed up to play them tonight. They're just that good now. I liked the 4 teams that were selected because it kept Bama out of the CFP. 

Bottomline is when you're dealing with 18 - 22 year old guys, you're not sure what team will show up from week to week. Georgia just has the talent and depth to be the most consistent this year.

Ah yes, and this is why I preferred the old system before any playoffs to what we have now! A long long time ago, there were meaningful bowl games and multiple polls for who was the best. Some years, maybe like this year, there was one team that was clearly the best and all the polls would agree. Some years it was difficult and multiple teams might get to boast they were the best. And the fans had a lot of intrigue and discussions during those years, we are still discussing many of those years. I just happen to think that's a better system. I know you can't put the genie back in the bottle, but it does give me a wry smile sometimes when I read things like this.

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

TCU had a lot of close calls throughout the season and barely beating team. U could see this blowout coming a mile away. Bama blew out the B12 champion so u already knew what TCU fate was going to be. In fact I will state again they wouldn’t have beat Tenn, Bama or LSU. If u want to argue they should have been there based on wins and losses then maybe. However , as u can see by last night results they are not even close to being a top team. It’s to bad Michigan always chokes and this is the end result. There is no way the committee is happy with this . People paid a lot of money  for tickets and ratings were probably bad. The championship was a total dud. 

They deserved it but got steamrolled.  Same happened to Tennessee this year, who BEAT Alabama and got trashed by Georgia.  That another reason I like the expanded playoff.  More rounds to play through for the most part to prove worthy of the championship. And the 4 byes are most deserving conference winners.  TCU would not have been a bye in that system as they lost to Kansas State (who would also not been a Bye). Anyways ready to see this thing take off with our new additions.  When do we start hearing the talk of our additions coming in 2024 instead?

Wow. Ouch. Like I said, different game in the sec against defenses. Lol, I also remember being laughed at and called stupid for saying Bennett was better than Bo. 

People on here would go on and on saying Bennett wasn't good

• Like 1

12 hours ago, e808 said:

Even though Auburn wasn’t the greatest. Still probably has more talent than TCU

No way on earth

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Nobody pretends more than you on here

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No way on earth

I bet if u go looked up college football teams overall talent. Auburns is much higher than there’s. Auburn has depth issues but the quality of players are better than TCU

11 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

This. It wasn't even just a "bad night". This was a "you didn't belong anywhere near the playoff". Sorry, but a NC game should never be this lopsided. This was about as bad as AU vs Purdue a few years ago (although, I felt like that was just one of those games where everything was going right for us).

You must have not seen the beating LSU put on Purdue then...

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I bet if u go looked up college football teams overall talent. Auburns is much higher than there’s. Auburn has depth issues but the quality of players are better than TCU

I don't think so, the production wouldn't be so far off. I know we're Auburn and that makes a lot of emotion....but on offense alone, what 2 talented guys? On defense 2/3?

Guys that are talented, at least the type of talent I'm talking they jump off the page. 

What's ironic and funny though, is we don't even have the fan base that actually like elite talent. The people our fan base praise and cheer for are guys that's close in appearance to the fan base. This fan base makes legends out of the scrawny guy that made 3 catches and was a walk on or played another position and wasn't ranked or whatever. 

The super athletes are going to be blasted for every little mistake and get criticized for screaming or talking or whatever. 

But anyway I can't say I know their roster like the back of my hand, but I do know a bit. But we aren't a quality team in the sec right now. We are usually easily more talented than the Mississippi schools, arky, South c and so on but that gap has been closed dramatically. 

If all our players did combine tests and stuff we don't have any dynamic athletes really. 

• Dislike 1

That game was disappointing to see.  I am surprised TCU could not get anything together on offense.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I don't think so, the production wouldn't be so far off. I know we're Auburn and that makes a lot of emotion....but on offense alone, what 2 talented guys? On defense 2/3?

Guys that are talented, at least the type of talent I'm talking they jump off the page. 

What's ironic and funny though, is we don't even have the fan base that actually like elite talent. The people our fan base praise and cheer for are guys that's close in appearance to the fan base. This fan base makes legends out of the scrawny guy that made 3 catches and was a walk on or played another position and wasn't ranked or whatever. 

The super athletes are going to be blasted for every little mistake and get criticized for screaming or talking or whatever. 

But anyway I can't say I know their roster like the back of my hand, but I do know a bit. But we aren't a quality team in the sec right now. We are usually easily more talented than the Mississippi schools, arky, South c and so on but that gap has been closed dramatically. 

If all our players did combine tests and stuff we don't have any dynamic athletes really. 

Based on TCU performance last night if they played Auburns schedule they would have a minimum of 4 losses. They were playing from behind a lot this season. I am not saying Auburn is lights out by any means. Even with this down year Auburn will have more people drafted than TCU. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That game was disappointing to see.  I am surprised TCU could not get anything together on offense.

Same. Georgia played perfect and TCU didn’t show up at all. Best case scenario for Dawgs

I’ll probably be wrong but complacency will end up biting Georgia next year. If Saban couldn’t thee-peat then I doubt Kirby will. A lot of stuff will happen between now and this time next year. 

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

Based on TCU performance last night if they played Auburns schedule they would have a minimum of 4 losses. They were playing from behind a lot. I am not saying Auburn is lights out by any means. Even with this down year Auburn will have more people drafted than TCU. 

I guess we'll see. How many people do you think are getting drafted from this roster?

27 minutes ago, woodford said:

Same. Georgia played perfect and TCU didn’t show up at all. Best case scenario for Dawgs

I’ll probably be wrong but complacency will end up biting Georgia next year. If Saban couldn’t thee-peat then I doubt Kirby will. A lot of stuff will happen between now and this time next year. 

Have you seen UGA's 2023 schedule?  Seven games in Athens  

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guess we'll see. How many people do you think are getting drafted from this roster?

Tank , Hall, Owen and Wooden.

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

You must have not seen the beating LSU put on Purdue then...

I didn't watch. But their's was only slightly more of a beatdown. LSU won 63-7, Auburn won 63-14

45 minutes ago, e808 said:

Based on TCU performance last night if they played Auburns schedule they would have a minimum of 4 losses. They were playing from behind a lot. I am not saying Auburn is lights out by any means. Even with this down year Auburn will have more people drafted than TCU. 

Yep. TCU would lose to uga and bama, no doubt. They'd most likely have lost to PSU and LSU as well. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Have you seen UGA's 2023 schedule?  Seven games in Athens  

Yep. Georgia also caught massive breaks (like every championship team does) to go B2B. They were a miraculously TO, injured playmaker WR, and shank FG from not even playing last night. The margins are so razor thin even for a team as talented as Georgia. That regression from 21 was evident against tOSU. The will regress in some ways next year. They could also get better in some ways too.

They are the new top dog (pun intended) in CFB so they will get everyone's A game going forward. This team will finally play in real hostile environments in 2023. Georgia will actually have to legitimately prepare for an Auburn team with an offensive pulse for the first time since 2017. Neyland won't be a cake walk either. That could decide the division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Eh what?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I think the committee got it as close as you could ask for. Both 1st round games in the CFP were amazing games and we've NEVER had 2 great semifinals games in the CFP until this year.

Committee absolutely got it correct.

Am I the only one that thinks this game should have been the #1 versus #4 game in the semis? 

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Tank , Hall, Owen and Wooden.

Even our top teams seems like 3-4 is usually how it goes. Owen is too small but I imagine he will test well. Would you happen to know how many tcu has?  From the stuff I read more than us. 

Do you think we're close to being a playoff team?

Edited by cole256

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What

Just thought I'd give you an opportunity to explain that statement. Some here might not get what you meant. 

No need for me. I understand perfectly.