Florida Gators QB Jaden Rashada BACKING OUT Of His Letter Of Intent, Potential Landing Spots?

Systems

9 minutes ago, Systems said:

Is this athlete someone Auburn would be interested in? Florida Gators QB Jaden Rashada

He was a five star. Auburn was never in his top five. His father is also denying he requested to get out of his letter of intent.

Reports say he has not enrolled at UF as of yet and he has until Friday, when late enrollment ends, so that he can practice in the spring.

Unless I am mistaken, I just read that this boy wants $13 million. Ummm no. There is no way. That cannot be true. 

Edited by gr82b4au

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Unless I am mistaken, I just read that this boy wants $13 million. Ummm no. There is no way. That cannot be true. 

It may well be true that he's fishing for $13 million. At around age 5 I fished for red snapper in a mud puddle. I didn't get a red snapper and this kid will probably have the same luck I had.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Systems said:

Is this athlete someone Auburn would be interested in? Florida Gators QB Jaden Rashada

I'll pass. Not willing to write the check needed to lock him down.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It’s going to get ridiculous fast. Like coaching salaries and buyouts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Players making more than coaches gets bad quick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It may well be true that he's fishing for $13 million. At around age 5 I fished for red snapper in a mud puddle. I didn't get a red snapper and this kid will probably have the same luck I had.

How long did you argue with your parents that there indeed was a red snapper in there?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, alexava said:

Been saying this from the start. “College” football is dead, folks.

Reggie Bush, Maurice Clarett and Cam Newton sitting at home thinking about today's NIL.. be like damn....

• Like 1

All I can say is: welcome to College football 2023. If we can believe even a third of what we read (based on Auburn’s head coaching hiring, we probably can’t) it’s being reported/speculated Florida is trying to get out of the $13 million they promised this kid. Yes, $13 million for the seventh best QB Recruit in the country! 😂

He still has not enrolled in class, and today is the last day (if he wants to practice in the spring) and supposedly there may be a lawsuit pending because he was allegedly promised 13 million and UF is saying, not really and is trying to back out of it.

Once again, welcome to college football 2023.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2023/1/13/23554369/jaden-rashada-recruitment-nil-deal-florida-gators-billy-napier-13-million

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

Sounds like somebody w/ at least a rudimentary understanding of business decisions stepped in and asked WTF is going on....$13M for this kid is insane. If this continues, we will 100% need to establish binding salary tables, rookie salary caps, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Sounds like somebody w/ at least a rudimentary understanding of business decisions stepped in and asked WTF is going on....$13M for this kid is insane. If this continues, we will 100% need to establish binding salary tables, rookie salary caps, etc.

Time to get rid of athletic scholarships.   They can still get academic scholarships under the same parameters as all other students.   Put the scholly money toward new athletic buildings,  equipment and the school in general.   These kids are not underprivileged athletes anymore.   They can afford school bills more than anyone else.

• Like 6

Assuming the insane amount of money is true, it’s very ironic that someone is willing to pay $13 mil for a QB at a time when a walk-in QB just won 2 consecutive Nattys, Baker Mayfield won a Heisman, and Josh Allen was begging schools to offer him a scholly. Some people have more money than sense. Crazy times. 😂

• Like 4

The whole saga surrounding this is ridiculous. I know UF looks bad in all this but there's two sides to every story. Apparently UF's Gator Collective let Rashada know that the deal was cancelled well before early NSD.

13 hours ago, TigerTale said:

LOL. Who would have ever guessed that NIL would turn college football into a total crap show.

Everybody that gave it thirty seconds of thought. I said I'd give it five years to straighten out before I lost interest. Two down, three to go!

• Like 2