2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Until a couple of months ago, he'd never been at a program that was realistically capable of getting to the top. Doesn't change the legitimacy of your questioning this facet of Freeze's coaching ability, but it's worth noting that he's never had the resources and clout behind him that he does now.

Yep.

There hasn’t been a coach at Ole Miss that could even get them an SEC championship since the 60’s, or even a division for that matter..…yet two of those Ole Miss coaches won nattys at other schools (and yes I am giving Tuberville the 2004 Natty cause we freaking . deserved it) and Tuberville, Nutt, and Orgeron all at least won their division if not at least one outright SEC championship at other schools.  

I’m not judging Freeze off what he couldn’t do at Ole Miss because Ole Miss is not even close to the level of program as Auburn in regards to money, resources, national perception, facilities, and history……no matter how much they want to think they are.  

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Until a couple of months ago, he'd never been at a program that was realistically capable of getting to the top. Doesn't change the legitimacy of your questioning this facet of Freeze's coaching ability, but it's worth noting that he's never had the resources and clout behind him that he does now.

And that was my main argument for hiring him. Imagine what he potentially could do at Auburn. I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

And that was my main argument for hiring him. Imagine what he potentially could do at Auburn. I am cautiously optimistic.

Are we imagining or are we being cautious. These are not on the same end of the spectrum. I’m sticking with Imagining!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, toddc said:

His highlight video is AUsome.   He pancakes so many defenders he should be called IHOP.

JR year reg season.  about two posts down.   https://www.hudl.com/profile/14978885/JacQawn-McRoy

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Interesting insights from White about why he chose Auburn. 

White, 6-3, 215 pounds, narrowed his list of scholarship offers to Auburn, Clemson and Baylor before picking the the SEC West school in large part because of Tigers coach Hugh Freeze. 

“Well, first, I think because Auburn chose me,” White said. “One thing I have learned is this is a two-way street. The entire staff there recruited me. Coach Freeze needs to get some sleep at some point. My gosh, he is so competitive. Auburn is a beautiful place with great football tradition.

“My coach at Little Rock Christian had heard if Freeze became the coach at Auburn that I would be the guy he wanted. And sure enough I was the first 2024 he offered. When I took my visit, the entire football staff was out front to greet me. I knew from the second I showed up at Auburn that I was their priority recruit. Then when I stepped on the field at Jordan-Hare (Stadium), I felt something special and knew in my heart, ‘This place is it.’”

Hmmm. Wonder how that coach heard Walker would be the guy ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I've got a pretty good idea of what they are worth and even at the prices a dealer would pay it's quite a bundle. I have no intention of selling them, I like to look at those old cards of Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Stan Musial, Mantle and Berra. I have an Aaron card that shows 13 career home runs on the back. I'm going to let the grandchild that inherits them worry about grading and selling.

Awesome

Interesting note….Niebuhr said that White’s first college offer came from Phillip Montgomery when he was at Tulsa and that they had stayed in contact since, so that was also a big factor in White choosing Auburn.  

• Like 4

On 2/5/2023 at 6:31 AM, AEAugirl said:

Yep.

There hasn’t been a coach at Ole Miss that could even get them an SEC championship since the 60’s, or even a division for that matter..…yet two of those Ole Miss coaches won nattys at other schools (and yes I am giving Tuberville the 2004 Natty cause we freaking . deserved it) and Tuberville, Nutt, and Orgeron all at least won their division if not at least one outright SEC championship at other schools.  

I’m not judging Freeze off what he couldn’t do at Ole Miss because Ole Miss is not even close to the level of program as Auburn in regards to money, resources, national perception, facilities, and history……no matter how much they want to think they are.  

Yes, and as I’ve said, before, Kiffin expressed interest in the Auburn job, two years ago, and before Freeze was hired, it was Auburn that backed off of Kiffin, not the other way around.

Spoke to Tubberville a couple times on the campaign trail, he said the players, and him claim the 2004 Natty, because (Tubbs said) “we were National Champs in 2004”

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, AEAugirl said:

Yep.

You don't get it, OM is such a better program now! /s

I don't think anyone would've beaten USCw that night sadly. We definitely would've played them closer though. Really wish there had been a playoff w/ committee during the BCS era. Trying to decide who would've been fourth that year (and most years, come to think of it) would've been a trip. 😵

Edited by AUwent

On 2/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, Mikey said:

I've got a pretty good idea of what they are worth and even at the prices a dealer would pay it's quite a bundle. I have no intention of selling them, I like to look at those old cards of Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Stan Musial, Mantle and Berra. I have an Aaron card that shows 13 career home runs on the back. I'm going to let the grandchild that inherits them worry about grading and selling.

I think I am out of likes, but I love the story!

• Thanks 1

• Zeek unpinned this topic
On 2/3/2023 at 3:59 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well its a decent pick up

I know right ... only a 4 star and the first person he contacted ... we can do so much better

And for you that don't read sarcasm very well ^^  This is it.

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe you're speaking of e

I remember how lost he @ellitor was with sarcasm, but he’s growing up right before our eyes and even dishing some of his own. I’m glad you’re back on recruiting too brother e!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks numnuts.

Laughs aloud. <called him numnuts>

Atrophiednuts would work. Or fossilizednuts

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sure Harsin could snagged this guy. 

/s

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 6:44 PM, AUwent said:

You don't get it, OM is such a better program now! /s

I don't think anyone would've beaten USCw that night sadly. We definitely would've played them closer though. Really wish there had been a playoff w/ committee during the BCS era. Trying to decide who would've been fourth that year (and most years, come to think of it) would've been a trip. 😵

But you, and no one know, for sure, because the match up didn't happen. USCw would have certainly played a different scheme, as Auburn was putting away opponents early and going into "Tubershell" : https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2016/3/23/11285210/2004-Auburn-advanced-stats-knockout-tubershell

There is some validity to this argument, not sure it's relevant to Walker White's commitment, but here we are. On the wrong thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

He just looks like a QB while standing next to one of the best.

• Like 2
  • Love 1