Great quote from Keith Niebuhr. Wow!

Chaotic_zx

Usually Auburn sells Auburn and it still does.  But it's kinda like Auburn has its Dabo. Auburn has its' Kirby. -Keith Niebuhr

The 24 minute mark.

That is a big couple of sentences there. We're talking multi-National Championship coaches here. 

I'd love to be able to. Here is the Yin and Yang. But right now it's mostly Yin. Not much Yang. I'm just gonna tell ya. Sorry Yang. - Keith Niebuhr

The 23:30 mark of the same video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I’ll probably eat crow and it’s ahead of the TAMU game but the Dawgs are going to have their hands full on 9/30. Entirely different attitude on the Plains this fall. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I love how Freeze and the staff has come in, changed the culture around the program and recruited lights out but I’m pumping the breaks on making him our Kirby.  He could also end up being our Richt.  

I do think he’s on a great track right now but this staff still has a lot to prove. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, woodford said:

He went 145-51 at Georgia. Would've probably been in the Playoff a couple times had that been around. I think Auburn and about 125 other programs would love a Mark Richt like coach.

I totally forgot they fired Richt after going 9-3 lol it was time but still that was one helluva gamble. Could have totally backfired.

He was a good, not great coach.  Kinda like Gus.  He’s  not even in the same stratosphere as Kirby, which is the point. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not so sure I would put Gus in the same stratosphere as Richt either. 

At least Gus wasn’t dumb enough to recruit Cam Newton as a tight end like Richt did 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It took 4 years to get Clemson to 10 wins and 8 to play in the Natty.  Kirby obviously did it faster but was 7-5 in year 1 and should have been 6-6 of Auburn has a backup qb that could complete a forward pass.

• Like 1

Not to be the Debbie Downer here (I’m usually more of a cheerleader), but let’s settle down just a little bit here.  
First of all, I’m assuming, being Keith, that the reference was about recruiting, not specifically on the field success.  After all, CHF hasn’t won a single game as AU’s coach yet.  
And furthermore, the 2023 HS class and portal was impressive considering where we were when he got here, but we haven’t had any #1 classes yet (or even top 5).   

What we have seen is a lot of effort, planning, and organization in recruiting that we haven’t seen in a very long time, if ever.    We hope, and have reason to believe, this will develop into very high ranking classes, which will turn into wins on the field.   But it hasn’t happened yet.   For now, let’s just be thankful that we have a coach who wants what’s best for AU, knows how to get it done, and is working his tail off to make it happen.  We can wait a couple of years for the wild comparisons.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

New staff has done a good job, but if the season started today we would have less talent than -- Alabama, Georgia, A&M, LSU, Ole Miss (probably) and Florida (probably).  Let's not go insane here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Butthead said:

New staff has done a good job, but if the season started today we would have less talent than -- Alabama, Georgia, A&M, LSU, Ole Miss (probably) and Florida (probably).  Let's not go insane here.

But we got heart, butthead.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Not sure we have less talent than Ole Miss at this point 😂

5 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not so sure I would put Gus in the same stratosphere as Richt either. 

Gus did something Richt never could do, reach a BCS championship game.  

Neither are on Kirby’s level.  Again, the point.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Not to be the Debbie Downer here (I’m usually more of a cheerleader), but let’s settle down just a little bit here.  
First of all, I’m assuming, being Keith, that the reference was about recruiting, not specifically on the field success.  After all, CHF hasn’t won a single game as AU’s coach yet.  
And furthermore, the 2023 HS class and portal was impressive considering where we were when he got here, but we haven’t had any #1 classes yet (or even top 5).   

What we have seen is a lot of effort, planning, and organization in recruiting that we haven’t seen in a very long time, if ever.    We hope, and have reason to believe, this will develop into very high ranking classes, which will turn into wins on the field.   But it hasn’t happened yet.   For now, let’s just be thankful that we have a coach who wants what’s best for AU, knows how to get it done, and is working his tail off to make it happen.  We can wait a couple of years for the wild comparisons.   

You would be correct. He was talking about recruiting. He stated that he is no shill for Auburn but Auburn is doing really well. Stated that the only recruit that brings up Freeze's past was the Qb recruit White and that guy stated that he loved the redemption story of Freeze.  Keith said that a past Auburn coach(around 15 years ago) that recruits against Auburn asked him how the recruits were reacting to Freeze's past. He told the past Auburn coach that if that is what you guys are hanging your hats on, he could tell them it ain't happening. 

I am of the camp that while recruiting stars do matter. It isn't everything but without it, teams can't compete at the highest level consistently. Which is why I posted it.

Edited by Chaotic_zx
took the bold off of the font.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Gus did something Richt never could do, reach a BCS championship game.  

Neither are on Kirby’s level.  Again, the point.  

And Chiz won one. So??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 2:56 PM, Butthead said:

In the current 247 class rankings for 2023 for the SEC, we came in 8th in the current SEC and would've been 10th in the new SEC when Texas/Ok join.

Still a long ass way to go folks, but I guess people can't hold back and will still make grandiose comparisons with a 2-month-old staff.  :jossun:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I think you meant with Cam helping.  

Who coached Cam? Or do you think he learned all that at Blinn College?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JerryAU said:

In the current 247 class rankings for 2023 for the SEC, we came in 8th in the current SEC and would've been 10th in the new SEC when Texas/Ok join.

Still a long ass way to go folks, but I guess people can't hold back and will still make grandiose comparisons with a 2-month-old staff.  :jossun:

Yup. For this year, that’s an acceptable spot but need to be firmly in that upper echelon starting next!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1