Great quote from Keith Niebuhr. Wow!

Chaotic_zx

I find it interesting most of the people that went on and on about recruiting not being everything are the most happy about recruiting!

Extremely happy that freeze himself understands that recruiting is the most important variable. It makes me feel better when I know a coach can identify what the problem is to fix it. And also identify his most important tool to use to get the job done.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

I find it interesting most of the people that went on and on about recruiting not being everything are the most happy about recruiting!

Extremely happy that freeze himself understands that recruiting is the most important variable. It makes me feel better when I know a coach can identify what the problem is to fix it. And also identify his most important tool to use to get the job done.

It’s interesting you say that because I didn’t see you on Walker White’s thread at all. I wonder why? 🤷‍♂️

Of course, I’m sure you realize not only is it recruiting but it’s developing these players that one has recruited and then coming out with a game plan to win successfully in the SEC, all of which Hugh Freeze has done to include being the only coach that has beaten Nick Satan two years in a row! Not to mention while at Liberty, beating the SEC‘s Arkansas, on the road, with his third string quarterback.

His recruiting strength and SEC head coaching experience, are just two of the reasons our new Athletic Director said Freeze was such a “great fit” at Auburn university!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I’m sure you realize not only is it recruiting but it’s developing these players that one has recruited and then coming out with a game plan to win successfully in the SEC

now-youre-getting-it-correct.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:
22 hours ago, cole256 said:

It’s interesting you say that because I didn’t see you on Walker White’s thread at all. I wonder why? 🤷‍♂️

Not that @cole256 needs me to stand up for him but this is uncalled for if you’re implying what I think you are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Not that @cole256 needs me to stand up for him but this is uncalled for if you’re implying what I think you are.

Only an idiot would come to a conclusion that he's making but I said the parameters is being an idiot so......

He or she is the last person that should be implying that by using something like saying something positive. If somebody looked at his or her history what would they find? 

I actually haven't been on any football recruits threads because I didn't too much follow the class. 

I'm actually one of the people on here that if I don't really know what I'm talking about then I don't do too much talking. One of the things my grandfather taught me. 

I'm an Auburn alum, I talk trash, I don't care if the guy was green, if he can help my team be good that's what I want. Just because I tell the truth and don't celebrate guys because of their family lineage doesn't mean I don't want a qb that's not my race. 

Just because I'll stand up and say this guy over here should be treated like this guy over there doesn't mean I don't like the guy over there.....but anyway like I said I'm glad freeze understands that recruiting is the absolute foundation and most important thing in college football.

• Like 2

Just had to say that,  on the topic of "Luck vs Coaching".   It did not have anything to do with luck OR coaching.   It was 100% skill and talent.    

A cacophony of events led up to it.... 

Nick  had to put the ball on a dime.   Lewis had to time the catch,  and then suddenly,  had to have the awareness to see it was tipped and adjust his timing.   It took tremendous concentration and very fast reaction to contort  his body (as little as it was) into a new angle for the catch,  then follow the ball with his eyes into his hands.  Amazing body awareness and control under pressure.  All this within a fraction of a second - and all while sprinting at max speed  and not breaking stride. 

3 UGA players abilities were ebbing.  They did not have the awareness ,  body control or concentration to make the play.  Lewis for that moment was "in the zone". 

That kind athleticism and skill is instinct. I feel it is the reason for most plays in football.   Is not magic or  luck   and it can not be coached.   Plays like that just happen.

run the kick six 100 time we don't score.   Anyone else but Davis and HIS unique skill set 9Awarenes, speed,   vision) at that time and and we don't score.   same with the blockers.   

I would say most plays are successful or fail  based on whos athletic ability is ebbing or flowing at that moment based on surrounding events. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

On 2/8/2023 at 10:45 AM, cole256 said:

At this point in the process for a new coaching staff your either excited or quite worried. At this point though the only thing you can honestly point to is recruiting as no on field evidence is available.  I am excited due to recruiting improvements but obviously can’t point to improvements in week to week play (coaching up is generally way I have heard it described). Also cannot judge pre-game, game plans by staff or in game adjustments. Hoping in those parameters is all we have at this point.

49 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

At this point in the process for a new coaching staff your either excited or quite worried. At this point though the only thing you can honestly point to is recruiting as no on field evidence is available.  I am excited due to recruiting improvements but obviously can’t point to improvements in week to week play (coaching up is generally way I have heard it described). Also cannot judge pre-game, game plans by staff or in game adjustments. Hoping in those parameters is all we have at this point.

The people I described literally started arguments focusing on big deal about recruiting but this and that. 

It's funny to me that when the guy they wanted literally says recruiting is the most important thing and all I've done is focused on recruiting they are super happy and says this is the guy we needed literally based off his recruiting so far. That tells me they actually knew how important recruiting was themselves, they just wanted to argue and crap on a convo for a guy they didn't want.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The people I described literally started arguments focusing on big deal about recruiting but this and that. 

It's funny to me that when the guy they wanted literally says recruiting is the most important thing and all I've done is focused on recruiting they are super happy and says this is the guy we needed literally based off his recruiting so far. That tells me they actually knew how important recruiting was themselves, they just wanted to argue and crap on a convo for a guy they didn't want.

Thx for the explanation. My comment was just about where I see us at the moment not about the past comments during the coaching search. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Only an idiot would come to a conclusion that he's making but I said the parameters is being an idiot so......

He or she is the last person that should be implying that by using something like saying something positive. If somebody looked at his or her history what would they find? 

I actually haven't been on any football recruits threads because I didn't too much follow the class. 

I'm actually one of the people on here that if I don't really know what I'm talking about then I don't do too much talking. One of the things my grandfather taught me. 

I'm an Auburn alum, I talk trash, I don't care if the guy was green, if he can help my team be good that's what I want. Just because I tell the truth and don't celebrate guys because of their family lineage doesn't mean I don't want a qb that's not my race. 

Just because I'll stand up and say this guy over here should be treated like this guy over there doesn't mean I don't like the guy over there.....but anyway like I said I'm glad freeze understands that recruiting is the absolute foundation and most important thing in college football.

Amen 🙏 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Thx for the explanation. My comment was just about where I see us at the moment not about the past comments during the coaching search. 

Ok. I agree we are waiting and hoping that everything goes well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Amen 🙏 

Thanx bro! Keep fighting the good fight. I've grown to really respect you as a poster. I see your name I read what you have to say. Blessings to you and your family

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thanx bro! Keep fighting the good fight. I've grown to really respect you as a poster. I see your name I read what you have to say. Blessings to you and your family

Same to you brother 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

now-youre-getting-it-correct.gif

Lol, from the guy who thought Allen Greene and Bryan Harsin were both great hires. You know, the same guy that wanted Grimes as HC, not Hugh Freeze. Lol

I certainly am getting it, we had the only coach to beat Alabama three times in eight years, and now we have the only coach that beat them in back to back seasons.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, from the guy who thought Allen Greene and Bryan Harsin were both great hires. You know, the same guy that wanted Grimes as HC, not Hugh Freeze. Lol

I certainly am getting it, we had the only coach to beat Alabama three times in eight years, and now we have the only coach that beat them in back to back seasons.

The fact you don't see it is hilarious.

Bless your heart.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bless your heart.

You really want blessings for him, right.

s/

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

You really want blessings for him, right.

s/

I want blessing for everyone.  Some just need them more than others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Just had to say that,  on the topic of "Luck vs Coaching".   It did not have anything to do with luck OR coaching.   It was 100% skill and talent.    

A cacophony of events led up to it.... 

Nick  had to put the ball on a dime.   Lewis had to time the catch,  and then suddenly,  had to have the awareness to see it was tipped and adjust his timing.   It took tremendous concentration and very fast reaction to contort  his body (as little as it was) into a new angle for the catch,  then follow the ball with his eyes into his hands.  Amazing body awareness and control under pressure.  All this within a fraction of a second - and all while sprinting at max speed  and not breaking stride. 

3 UGA players abilities were ebbing.  They did not have the awareness ,  body control or concentration to make the play.  Lewis for that moment was "in the zone". 

That kind athleticism and skill is instinct. I feel it is the reason for most plays in football.   Is not magic or  luck   and it can not be coached.   Plays like that just happen.

run the kick six 100 time we don't score.   Anyone else but Davis and HIS unique skill set 9Awarenes, speed,   vision) at that time and and we don't score.   same with the blockers.   

I would say most plays are successful or fail  based on whos athletic ability is ebbing or flowing at that moment based on surrounding events. 

Just a few points of order. Nick did NOT put that ball on a dime he threw it right into the hands of two UGA players . And it's Louis.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Just a few points of order. Nick did NOT put that ball on a dime he threw it right into the hands of two UGA players . And it's Louis.

And missed the uncovered Coates on the cross

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

On a dime was a bit strong, but If there were no defenders around,  it would have hit  Louis in the numbers.  It was an ill advised throw into double+ coverage,  but accuracy was NOT the issue.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't recall anybody saying recruiting wasn't a big deal. I do recall several posters, me among them, who said the overblown statements about the recruiting Sanders would bring were exactly that, overblown BS.

The best knee-slapper was the claim that five 5* recruits had texted Sanders and said wherever he went, they would go. When asked for the five names, of course none were provided. Those five must not have existed since they clearly did not flip to Colorado.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

And missed the uncovered Coates on the cross

Which is why the entire coaching staff as well as most of the players on the sidelines said "oh CRAP (you know the word what I mean) he threw to the wrong receiver"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't recall anybody saying recruiting wasn't a big deal. I do recall several posters, me among them, who said the overblown statements about the recruiting Sanders would bring were exactly that, overblown BS.

The best knee-slapper was the claim that five 5* recruits had texted Sanders and said wherever he went, they would go. When asked for the five names, of course none were provided. Those five must not have existed since they clearly did not flip to Colorado.

You keep going on and on about 5 recruits and nobody even knows what you are talking about. The recruiting stuff couldn't be bs or they wouldn't have any recruits

• Facepalm 3

On 2/10/2023 at 11:44 AM, bigbird said:

The fact you don't see it is hilarious.

Bless your heart.

That is the best you have? Really?

As I told you earlier, if you would just let it go, you would make less of a fool out of yourself.

54 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

That is the best you have? Really?

As I told you earlier, if you would just let it go, you would make less of a fool out of yourself.

And still miss it...

Bless your heart