Great quote from Keith Niebuhr. Wow!

Chaotic_zx

On 2/9/2023 at 9:43 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

On a dime was a bit strong, but If there were no defenders around,  it would have hit  Louis in the numbers.  It was an ill advised throw into double+ coverage,  but accuracy was NOT the issue.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but obviously see things differently than 99% of the world.   To say that that play wasn’t luck is denying what luck really means.   Just rewatching the play, Louis didn’t even have a clue where the ball was until it was tipped.   If he were tracking the ball like any normal receiver, he would have made a play on the ball with the defenders (like every play in football).   And luck comes into play on a lot of plays throughout a game.   Example: (fumbles) how many times has a ball been fumbled and it is going one way and then changes directions at the last second.   
I’m not going to change your opinion and that’s ok.   The “plays” that are being discussed will go down in history as some of the greatest moments in Auburn history and they are thought this way because most think they unique and rarely happen.   

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but obviously see things differently than 99% of the world.   To say that that play wasn’t luck is denying what luck really means.   Just rewatching the play, Louis didn’t even have a clue where the ball was until it was tipped.   If he were tracking the ball like any normal receiver, he would have made a play on the ball with the defenders (like every play in football).   And luck comes into play on a lot of plays throughout a game.   Example: (fumbles) how many times has a ball been fumbled and it is going one way and then changes directions at the last second.   
I’m not going to change your opinion and that’s ok.   The “plays” that are being discussed will go down in history as some of the greatest moments in Auburn history and they are thought this way because most think they unique and rarely happen.   

I am not trying to take away from the uniqueness and value of the play.   Just trying to point out there is no such thing as luck,  and it was not a coached play.  

Louis not seeing the ball until after it was tipped just makes it even  more of an athletic play.  You follow baseball.  Have you ever seen a baseball hit a small pebble and bounce at the last second and the player react just in time to still make the catch.  Picture that happening  but not seeing the ball until after it hilt the pebble.    Poor louis didn't even see it until after it was tipped, found the ball and reacted with strong body control, concentration and athletic ability.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 6:52 PM, bigbird said:

And still miss it...

Bless your heart

You were wrong about Gus, wrong about Greene, wrong about Harsin, wrong about Grimes.

It’s bad enough when your opinions and predictions were/are repeatedly wrong, it’s worse that you just refuse to let it go.

Stop stewing about it, take a deep breath… now exhale and simply let it go bro, just let it go! 

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

You were wrong about Gus, wrong about Greene, wrong about Harsin, wrong about Grimes.

It’s bad enough when your opinions and predictions were/are repeatedly wrong, it’s worse that you just refuse to let it go.

Stop stewing about it, take a deep breath… now exhale and simply let it go bro, just let it go! 

It just keeps getting funnier

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

When most people step in dog poop, they wipe their shoe off and move on, hoping as few people as possible will notice. However, every now and then there's this one person who never gets over it. He keeps bringing his misfortune up over and over again even years later. Why this should be you and I don't know, but this person has some weird need to keep bringing his failures to light again and again.

Apparently he can't let it go and can't get over it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

When most people step in dog poop, they wipe their shoe off and move on, hoping as few people as possible will notice. However, every now and then there's this one person who never gets over it. He keeps bringing his misfortune up over and over again even years later. Why this should be you and I don't know, but this person has some weird need to keep bringing his failures to light again and again.

Apparently he can't let it go and can't get over it.

Just to be clear which thing are you referring to me bringing up?

I'll quote my entire exchange with 24 so you don't have to go look.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, bigbird said:

now-youre-getting-it-correct.gif

On 2/9/2023 at 8:44 PM, bigbird said:

The fact you don't see it is hilarious.

Bless your heart.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:52 AM, bigbird said:

And still miss it...

Bless your heart

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

It just keeps getting funnier

So again, what exactly is it you and 24 think I keep bringing up?  

Seems like you stepped into a conversation you didn't really understand and made yourself look foolish trying again to be snarky. FTR, it failed. Thanks for the chuckles.

As far as 24, his inability to comprehend has allowed him to think I was initially disagreeing. 

Here is his initial post I responded too.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:43 AM, AU-24 said:

I’m sure you realize not only is it recruiting but it’s developing these players that one has recruited and then coming out with a game plan to win successfully in the SEC

FTR, I 100% agree with this and have stated so for the last decade. Seems to be a new concept for him.  Imagine defending the lack of player development the last decade...oh wait, y'all have.

Unfortunately in his attempt to show how great CHF is he threw shade on Gus. Of course he didn't realize this and in typical fashion blindly restarted his sad and petty routine. You're right it would've been easier for him to admit his failure. However, it's been hilarious to watch him double down and continue to try distract from his buffoonery. 

Really though the best part is y'all's continuation down this path. We've now come to the part of these conversations where we find you two so twisted on what's being discussed that y'all just resort to ad hominem attacks. The expected outcome when interacting with either of you.  It's been awesome to watch again. Thanks.

• Facepalm 2

@bigbird @Mikey @AU-24 am I crazy to think you’re all right? Is that possible? Anyhow, hope y’all have a good week. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready for some spring football to start so we can have some real stuff to talk about rather than our crappy past 3-4 years of football. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

@bigbird @Mikey @AU-24 am I crazy to think you’re all right? Is that possible? 

About what?  There isn't an argument or debate.  There are two that are trying to make a whole lot of something out of a whole lot of nothing and are looking foolish in doing so.  

Seriously, reread the entire exchange. Notice the initial deflection and the continual gaslighting. Then notice how the only other Gus fluffer joins in with his typical misguided drivel. The whole time them trying their damnedest to distract from their inconsistent loyalties and glaring hypocrisy. It's pretty damn funny.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just to be clear which thing are you referring to me bringing up?

I'll quote my entire exchange with 24 so you don't have to go look.

So again, what exactly is it you and 24 think I keep bringing up?  

Seems like you stepped into a conversation you didn't really understand and made yourself look foolish trying again to be snarky. FTR, it failed. Thanks for the chuckles.

As far as 24, his inability to comprehend has allowed him to think I was initially disagreeing. 

Here is his initial post I responded too.

FTR, I 100% agree with this and have stated so for the last decade. Seems to be a new concept for him.  Imagine defending the lack of player development the last decade...oh wait, y'all have.

Unfortunately in his attempt to show how great CHF is he threw shade on Gus. Of course he didn't realize this and in typical fashion blindly restarted his sad and petty routine. You're right it would've been easier for him to admit his failure. However, it's been hilarious to watch him double down and continue to try distract from his buffoonery. 

Really though the best part is y'all's continuation down this path. We've now come to the part of these conversations where we find you two so twisted on what's being discussed that y'all just resort to ad hominem attacks. The expected outcome when interacting with either of you.  It's been awesome to watch again. Thanks.

Let it go bro, just let it go!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

About what?  There isn't an argument or debate.  There are two that are trying to make a whole lot of something out of a whole lot of nothing and are looking foolish in doing so.  

Seriously, reread the entire exchange. Notice the initial deflection and the continual gaslighting. Then notice how the only other Gus fluffer joins in with his typical misguided drivel. The whole time them trying their damnedest to distract from their inconsistent loyalties and glaring hypocrisy. It's pretty damn funny.

The entire exchange, that you insist on starting, as you started this exchange “again” because you just won’t let it go.

Like Mikey advised: wipe the dog poop off, come inside for supper and forget about it. You either won’t clean the dog poop off your shoes, or you repeatedly step in it.

Just let it go!

5 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

fe dumb and dumber dumb and dumber and,turbo lax,dumber,dumb,fe GIF

From being a parent as well as dealing with immature students, you know what it has taught me? Almost 100% of the time the kid that insist on "let it go" knows 100% what the rest of us already knew.  

What's still funny is 24 still doesn't understand that, initially, I was agreeing with him.  The level of blind ignorance and pettiness needed to make such leap from "development" to "let it go" is comical, the continual gaslighting is typical, and the inability to be intellectually honest is foundational.  We know who each of them are.

• Dislike 1

Close thread please 🙏 

• Like 1