Walker White's Most Wanted

ellitor

Walker White’s most wanted

Cole Pinkston•about 16 hours

Article written by:Cole Pinkston

ColePinkston

Alabama wide receiver commit Perry Thompson. (Chad Simmons/On3)

Shortly after 4-star quarterback Walker White made his commitment to Auburn, he sounded off about which recruits he wants to join him in the Tigers’ 2024 class.

Not having a quarterback until the last minute in the 2023 class hurt Auburn down the stretch, especially with skill players. Now, the Tigers have one of the more notable quarterback names on their side.

Here are the recruits White has called out to join him on the plains.

Offensive line targets

Jameson Riggs, OT, 6-5 280 – Hiram, Ga.: Riggs has been thought to be a Clemson lean for some time. He has visited there four times on record. Auburn, though, had him on campus in January. He and White have a relationship through their recruitments with Clemson.

Blake Franks, IOL, 6-5 315 – Greenville, SC: Franks recently visited Auburn a day after its big junior day event. In-state South Carolina seems to be trending here, but Auburn is battling and now has some more help.

Daniel Calhoun, OT, 6-6 350 – Roswell, Ga.: Calhoun recently released a top ten that did not include Auburn. He is in nearby Roswell, Ga. Let’s see if the Tigers can get back into the picture with White on board.

Jac’Qawn McRoy, OT, 6-8 340 – Pinson, Ala.: McRoy just wrapped up a junior day visit at Auburn. After the visit, he said Auburn was “either No. 2 or 3,” but notated that the Tigers moved up with the visit. Auburn is firmly in this one.

Wide receiver targets

Perry Thompson, WR, 6-3 205 – Foley, Ala.: Thompson recently visited Auburn and gave the trip rave reviews. He is committed to Alabama, but keeping his options open, and has a good relationship with Marcus Davis.

Cameron Coleman, WR, 6-3 180 – Phenix City, Ala.: Coleman has been a top receiver target for some time. He has not been able to make it back to campus since Hugh Freeze took over, but remains high on the Tigers.

Terrance “TJ” Moore, WR, 6-4 190 – Tampa, Fla.: Moore told Auburn Live’s Keith Niebuhr that he will visit Auburn in the spring and the Tigers are one of the school recruiting him the hardest.

Micah Hudson, WR, 6-0 190 – Temple, Tex.: Hudson claims an Auburn offer, but has not visited to our knowledge. He is the No. 5 overall recruit in the country.

Ny Carr, WR, 5-10 170 – Moultrie, Ga.: Carr is currently committed to Georgia, but visited Auburn for junior day. He was already a top target for the Tigers.

Tight end targets

Carter Nelson, TE, 6-5 210 – Ainsworth, Neb.: Nelson claims an Auburn offer and is ranked in the top 200 best prospects in the country.

Landen Thomas, TE, 6-4 238 – Moultrie, Ga.: Thomas is teammates with Carr. He claims an Auburn offer and is the No. 24 overall recruit in the country.

Martavious Collins, TE, 6-3 240 – Rome, Ga.: Collins is committed to Alabama, but made a return trip to Auburn in January. He bonded with Auburn tight ends coach Ben Aigamaua and will return to Auburn in the spring.

Running back targets

Daniel Hill, RB, 6-2 220 – Meridian, Miss.: Auburn made his top schools list recently. He notated Hugh Freeze as a big reason why Auburn made the cut.

Kevin Riley, RB, 6-0 192 – Northport, Ala.: Auburn holds Riley in high regard. He should visit sometime in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Micah Hudson, WR, 6-0 190 – Temple, Tex.: Hudson claims an Auburn offer, but has not visited to our knowledge. He is the No. 5 overall recruit in the country.

If he needs a ride...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

So there has been so much talk about Burnette at RB I looked up some about Riley and Hill.

Hill is listed as a LB….I guess we are looking at him for RB?  https://247sports.com/player/daniel-hill-46125699/

Kevin Riley….always fun to pluck a Bama target right out of Tuscaloosa https://247sports.com/player/kevin-riley-46137080/

Daniel Calhoun…..goodness gracious YES.  Kid is a monster.  Let’s hope Walker can make us a factor with him.  https://247sports.com/player/daniel-calhoun-46103210/

FYI Perry Thompson is the Bama commit that said he was “60%” committed after his Auburn visit.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If he needs a ride...

Speaking of, we’ll sort of. Lol. Have you seen that WR from Lake Belton??  If you haven’t, do yourself a favor. 

I went to catch a local high school game this year. Midlothian (shout out to them, lol) was playing Lake Belton. Knew nothing about them our said receiver, but it took all of one play. Just one of those kids you watch every play. He was on a different level, and Midlothian has a WR that is tops in his class. But that kid was just different. Smooth and effortless!!

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Speaking of, we’ll sort of. Lol. Have you seen that WR from Lake Belton??  If you haven’t, do yourself a favor. 

I went to catch a local high school game this year. Midlothian (shout out to them, lol) was playing Lake Belton. Knew nothing about them our said receiver, but it took all of one play. Just one of those kids you watch every play. He was on a different level, and Midlothian has a WR that is tops in his class. But that kid was just different. Smooth and effortless!!

When I was at Temple, there was just Belton HS.  Belton needed a 2nd HS, but should've split it like Converse Judson.

Also, Belton has two of the best BBQ places in Texas. Sooooo good.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When I was at Temple, there was just Belton HS.  Belton needed a 2nd HS, but should've split it like Converse Judson.

Also, Belton has two of the best BBQ places in Texas. Sooooo good.

Yes, it was the first time I ever heard of the school. Midlothian just went thru the same thing by having to add another high school. Everyone as so adamant against it becuase of the sports. Which in his sight didn’t make sense. Nobody wanted 2 schools becuase how would we compete in football. We went from one school playing in same district as D’ville, DeSoto, and Cedar Hill. Now 2 smaller high school.

Both schools lost in the regionals this year. So I guess these kids are making the adults look like idiots. Lol. Now if we can just figure out how to get past Aledo. Lol

Good to hear about the bbq in Belton!!  I’ll have to take my dad to check them out. I spent a week working in Lockhart, TX recently. Which its claim is the “bbq capitol of Texas.” I was not impressed. Could be my expectations were too high because of the city’s claim, but regardless it left a lot to be desired!!

2 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Yes, it was the first time I ever heard of the school. Midlothian just went thru the same thing by having to add another high school. Everyone as so adamant against it becuase of the sports. Which in his sight didn’t make sense. Nobody wanted 2 schools becuase how would we compete in football. We went from one school playing in same district as D’ville, DeSoto, and Cedar Hill. Now 2 smaller high school.

Both schools lost in the regionals this year. So I guess these kids are making the adults look like idiots. Lol. Now if we can just figure out how to get past Aledo. Lol

Good to hear about the bbq in Belton!!  I’ll have to take my dad to check them out. I spent a week working in Lockhart, TX recently. Which its claim is the “bbq capitol of Texas.” I was not impressed. Could be my expectations were too high because of the city’s claim, but regardless it left a lot to be desired!!

https://www.schoepfsbbq.com/ 

And

https://millerssmokehouse.com/

In the 90's-00's Converse Judson took their ~3-4000 and split them into a fr/so campus and a Jr/sr campus. It allowed the to keep the same size pool of athletes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

FYI Perry Thompson is the Bama commit that said he was “60%” committed after his Auburn visit.  

So 40% uncommitted... he's going to be getting a visit from the commitment enforcement committee. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Systems said:

Does Robby Ashford have a Most Wanted list?

He did during the portal push for some much needed protection.  And looks like he got it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Systems said:

You realize that since White is part of this class, he's the one that can be recruiting for us, right? Don't believe Ashford is allowed to recruit high school players with whom he wasn't already acquainted. And even if he can, he'll be a senior by the time the kids from the 2024 class (those in question) even get on campus, so...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Systems said:

Yes, it was the multiple OL and skill players that were signed in the portal 

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:00 PM, bigbird said:

https://www.schoepfsbbq.com/ 

And

https://millerssmokehouse.com/

In the 90's-00's Converse Judson took their ~3-4000 and split them into a fr/so campus and a Jr/sr campus. It allowed the to keep the same size pool of athletes.

Yes,  they had some good teams!!  The Rockets I believe.  In the metroplex Plano did the same thing. Man we hated them!!  I grew up in Irving with 3 5A (biggest division then) high schools. We swear we would have some state titles if Irving would have done that.

Most recently Allen High School had and maybe still has some ridiculous numbers!!  Their individual grade levels were bigger than their DISTRICT opponents whole schools.

I can’t remember exactly when they added the 6A division, but now I’m curious if it wasn’t in an effort to curb some of that stuff?  🤷‍♂️

You were coaching when they added it, correct?

5 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Yes,  they had some good teams!!  The Rockets I believe.  In the metroplex Plano did the same thing. Man we hated them!!  I grew up in Irving with 3 5A (biggest division then) high schools. We swear we would have some state titles if Irving would have done that.

Most recently Allen High School had and maybe still has some ridiculous numbers!!  Their individual grade levels were bigger than their DISTRICT opponents whole schools.

I can’t remember exactly when they added the 6A division, but now I’m curious if it wasn’t in an effort to curb some of that stuff?  🤷‍♂️

You were coaching when they added it, correct?

Sure was.  They split the previous 1A and bumped everyone up a level.  I always thought they messed the realignment up, especially at the 3A - 5A sizes 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:54 AM, ellitor said:

Martavious Collins, TE, 6-3 240 – Rome, Ga.: Collins is committed to Alabama, but made a return trip to Auburn in January. He bonded with Auburn tight ends coach Ben Aigamaua and will return to Auburn in the spring.

Just Decommitted today

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sure was.  They split the previous 1A and bumped everyone up a level.  I always thought they messed the realignment up, especially at the 3A - 5A sizes 

Used to always be Highland Parks enrollment plus 1. Was the cut off from 4A to 5A. >:(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

Used to always be Highland Parks enrollment plus 1. Was the cut off from 4A to 5A. >:(

College Station was 6A minus one for a while 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:06 AM, AEAugirl said:

So there has been so much talk about Burnette at RB I looked up some about Riley and Hill.

Hill is listed as a LB….I guess we are looking at him for RB?  https://247sports.com/player/daniel-hill-46125699/

Kevin Riley….always fun to pluck a Bama target right out of Tuscaloosa https://247sports.com/player/kevin-riley-46137080/

Daniel Calhoun…..goodness gracious YES.  Kid is a monster.  Let’s hope Walker can make us a factor with him.  https://247sports.com/player/daniel-calhoun-46103210/

Saban is not going to like this. 

• Like 1

Do you think "Walker's List" as it's being labeled by some is composed of recruits that AU staff are high on and that WW has developed a connection with, maybe along the way in his recruiting travels. I guess this is done often in today's recruiting world, just not publicized as much. Mainly offensive guys for Walker and defensive recruits for Lane or someone else. Probably depends a lot on their personalities of the commits. Will be interesting to see how this works out. I know commits do often help in recruiting just not usually with sort of a target list. WDE WW!!