Walker White's Most Wanted

ellitor

3 hours ago, autan said:

Do you think "Walker's List" as it's being labeled by some is composed of recruits that AU staff are high on and that WW has developed a connection with, maybe along the way in his recruiting travels. I guess this is done often in today's recruiting world, just not publicized as much. Mainly offensive guys for Walker and defensive recruits for Lane or someone else. Probably depends a lot on their personalities of the commits. Will be interesting to see how this works out. I know commits do often help in recruiting just not usually with sort of a target list. WDE WW!!

@autan lol. I was just coming to say sorry if common sense but per On3 most of the names WW said were indeed nugged to him by AU staff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

War Rapport posted a handy cheat sheet of all the recruits Walker mentioned. 

My question is where does the "lean" info come from?

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LOL.   I don't know,  but I imagine it is no more or  less accurate than crystal balls.   

My guess is the average shot in the dark is equally as accurate at this point.  
Regardless of where we currently stand, we are trending in the right direction with most of these guys!!!

Also, WW didn’t mention Burnette.  Hill and Riley were the only 2 RBs he mentioned. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

My guess is the average shot in the dark is equally as accurate at this point.  
Regardless of where we currently stand, we are trending in the right direction with most of these guys!!!

Also, WW didn’t mention Burnette.  Hill and Riley were the only 2 RBs he mentioned. 

He may be on there because White and Burnette were tweeting at each other yesterday about Burnette committing. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

If the list is accurate most are leaning elsewhere. So WW has tough job ahead. But all are offensive wants which helps. With assistance from CHF and others my guess is he'll welcome some of them to AU.

38 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He may be on there because White and Burnette were tweeting at each other yesterday about Burnette committing. 

Yeah, I think Burnette, Collins - the TE that just decommitted from bama, and OLB Joseph Phillips (who is an absolute beast), will be the next 3 to commit to the good guys.  
We’re off to a great start for 2024!

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LOL.   I don't know,  but I imagine it is no more or  less accurate than crystal balls.   

Actually CB picks by reporters of the teams most heavily involved in the player's recruitment has some validity to them. It's On3's Recruiting Prediction Machine that's wacky as crap.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Actually CB picks by reporters of the teams most heavily involved in the player's recruitment has some validity to them. It's On3's Recruiting Prediction Machine that's wacky as crap.

E, is Crystal Balls not a medical condition? A painful one at that?

• Haha 2

On 2/8/2023 at 2:31 AM, autan said:

Do you think "Walker's List" as it's being labeled by some is composed of recruits that AU staff are high on and that WW has developed a connection with, maybe along the way in his recruiting travels. I guess this is done often in today's recruiting world, just not publicized as much. Mainly offensive guys for Walker and defensive recruits for Lane or someone else. Probably depends a lot on their personalities of the commits. Will be interesting to see how this works out. I know commits do often help in recruiting just not usually with sort of a target list. WDE WW!!

The so-called “Walker White target list“ came about because right after he committed to Auburn, he verbally rattled off all of these recruits names that he said, he was going to help bring to the planes. In my memory, (which certainly isn’t getting any younger) I can’t ever remember a player, on his commitment date, stating this the way Walker White did. This is why it’s getting so much attention. 

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

The so-called “Walker White target list“ came about because right after he committed to Auburn, he verbally rattled off all of these recruits names that he said, he was going to help bring to the planes. In my memory, (which certainly isn’t getting any younger) I can ever remember a player, on his commitment date, stating this the way Walker White did. This is why it’s getting so much attention. 

This. I cannot ever remember a recruit rattling off a list of players he wants to bring with him when committing, and the fact that he pulled it off (along with remembering all those other things he mentioned) without so much as a notecard to keep it all straight in his head is impressive to me. Either he spent a fair amount of time memorizing the speech, or else the young man in *incredibly* sharp (or both).

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Rednilla said:

This. I cannot ever remember a recruit rattling off a list of players he wants to bring with him when committing, and the fact that he pulled it off (along with remembering all those other things he mentioned) without so much as a notecard to keep it all straight in his head is impressive to me. Either he spent a fair amount of time memorizing the speech, or else the young man in *incredibly* sharp (or both).

Exactly! I’ve heard recruits discuss how they’re going to help their team recruit, but never did they sit there and rattle off names and positions like he did!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! I’ve heard recruits discuss how they’re going to help their team recruit, but never did they sit there and rattle off names and positions like he did!

I'm assuming he got his " list" from AU coaches 

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Or he played with or against. I don't see why naming guys is impressive or smart but you always like your QB recruiting for you. From my experience they all do but I guess this is being publicized for whatever reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Or he played with or against. I don't see why naming guys is impressive or smart but you always like your QB recruiting for you. From my experience they all do but I guess this is being publicized for whatever reason.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7f7hu6rtvbvu8j72zgt

That was 100% planned and planted.

Think about it, Walker White isn't choosing who Freeze and company ultimately want to recruit lol. You think he's just randomly naming players he knows off the top of his head? What if the coaching staff hasn't offered or doesn't want who he's naming? He's not going to be "recruiting" players that the staff isn't actually pursuing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yes, he did.

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's impressive that he was able to remember everyone he wanted to thank and everything he wanted to mention about what had gotten him there, as well as a list of players given to him by the coaches as players they want on board with him, all off the top of his head without stumbling over his words and without a printed out version to keep everything straight and make sure he didn't forget to mention anyone. I didn't say it makes him smart, I said it makes him sharp. 

And yes, pretty much every QB recruits to his school of choice, but rarely do they come out on their commitment day and list a dozen or so players they specifically want to bring with them. That's why this is news. That and the lack of any other football news to go on, so it's something to talk about. You know, like you normally do on message boards. Downplay this commitment all you want to, it's still a pretty big deal.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

@NWALA Tiger No assuming needed. I posted earlier in the thread per On3 it came from AU coaches.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@NWALA Tiger No assuming needed. I posted earlier in the thread per On3 it came from AU coaches.

Seems like a slick way to get the names out there.  I do not think coaches can callout players publicly like that legally.  I am all for tit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Seems like a slick way to get the names out there.  I do not think coaches can callout players publicly like that legally.  I am all for tit.

I am all for it too

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Not impressive or smart? You might just be one of the very few to only AU fans in the country saying that about Walker White. So why don’t you like Walker White as a quarterback. Maybe you can explain to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1