Incompetent Administration

Son of A Tiger

33 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You cannot actually believe that gas prices and inflation would not have dramatically increased, regardless of who occupied the White House.  The economy is world wide and every major economy has been impacted by these increases, most moreso than we have here in the U.S.

Not sure where you are trying to go with this..........not once say or imply that gas prices and inflation are worse here than anywhere else in the world. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not sure where you are trying to go with this..........not once say or imply that gas prices and inflation are worse here than anywhere else in the world. 

Did you not imply that actions of this administration have resulted in or were the cause of inflation?  I may have mistaken what your post was.  I'm not defending every spending measure, some of it was indeed wasteful.  However, that kind of spending goes back years.

Edited by AU9377

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I didn't include it, Biden did.  Like all presidents, he takes credit for the economy -  including the price of gas, just like most (naive) Americans blame the president when the economy turns bad.

But thanks for being specific, unlike the OP.

Which points back to what I previously said.........it is comical that the administration thinks it is some victory when prices remain above a $1.00 higher than when he came into office.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Did you not imply that actions of this administration have resulted in or were the cause of inflation?  I may have mistaken what your post was.  I'm not defending every spending measure, some of it was indeed wasteful.  However, that kind of spending goes back years.

I only pointed out the absurdity that the administration thinks $1.60 drop in gas prices since last summer is a victory when the price of gas is still $1.00 higher than when he took office.

However,  as Homer pointed out.....his list is from Biden's administration and the fact that Biden lists this as an accomplishment. I think it is fair to say that since they imply their actions brought gas prices down one can assume they also brought them up right? It is only fair right? 

Funny, only once someone points out that gas prices are still higher than when he took office do they come with the "president doesn't control gas prices" but were perfectly happy with him listing the drop of prices since last summer as an accomplishment. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

What is it with all the "leg humping" references?  :dunno:

Have a bad experience as a kid with a dog?

Didn’t we all?🐕

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I only pointed out the absurdity that the administration thinks $1.60 drop in gas prices since last summer is a victory when the price of gas is still $1.00 higher than when he took office.

However,  as Homer pointed out.....his list is from Biden's administration and the fact that Biden lists this as an accomplishment. I think it is fair to say that since they imply their actions brought gas prices down one can assume they also brought them up right? It is only fair right? 

Funny, only once someone points out that gas prices are still higher than when he took office do they come with the "president doesn't control gas prices" but were perfectly happy with him listing the drop of prices since last summer as an accomplishment. 

Fair enough.  I used to laugh every time I got gas and saw one of those Biden stickers on the pump that said "I did that"....blaming Biden for the increase in the cost of gas.  Both Republicans and Democrats make everything a political arguing point.  There are so many simple minded uninformed people in this country that feeding them simple bite sized ideas for them to consume is very effective.  The number of people that watch Tucker Carlson and believe that he is telling them the truth is downright scary.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Will you just get out of here.  You lack the requisite intellect to participate in a thoughtful discussion of leg humping/leg humpers.

As in, none? ;D

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

I didn't realize I was "perfectly happy" because Biden bragged about lower gas prices. :rolleyes:

Actually - based on a random observation of the proliferation of humongous trucks and SUVs on the road - I think the price of gas is probably too cheap.  We'd be better off it were more expensive.  It would ease the shock of the coming future.

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

He apparently doesn't appreciate the incongruity with blaming Biden for a global phenomenon. 

"Biden's inflation" is a common theme with the MAGAs around here:  "Don't blame me for inflation, I voted for Trump!"

Edited by homersapien

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's possible the pentagon decided not to tell him.

Possible - but highly unlikely.  That’s not only a career ender, but could get senior officers jail time.  

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I agree that it is a serious problem.  There are many causes.  One thing we do not need to do is to add to the prison population.  That doesn't mean that there should be no consequences, but if we don't reform the way we classify criminal behavior, all we are doing with the majority of those incarcerated is ensuring a lifetime of criminal behavior.  We need to re-classify what constitutes a felony and what doesn't.  Alternatively we could simply stop labeling someone a felon and thereby punishing them for life for a crime they have already served a sentence for.  When we place obstacles in the path of someone that is actually trying to be a productive member of society, we are encouraging them to keep doing whatever it is that got them there in the first place.

A good start would be a greater separation between violent and non violent criminals.  We have known the negative impacts housing sentencing non violent and violent offenders together, yet most states do little to address the issue.  When someone isn't being sentenced for life, society is telling them that they have a second chance at some point to be a productive citizen.  People, more often than not, can only make decisions based on the options available to them.

There was a time when military service was an option to very young people that had gotten themselves into trouble.  That actually worked for tens of thousands of young men.  It gave them structure and the actual ability to change the direction of their life.  In other words, they had better options.

I see, and agree, with a lot of what you are saying.  I agree with the concept of first offender programs, and the opportunity they afford people to extract their craniums from their rectums - but I struggle with the frequent fliers, violent criminals, and the child predators.  

For qualifying individuals that opt to take a diversionary route I would like to see something like a shock incarceration boot camp with work details and mandatory drug treatment to deal with part of the punishment, and repayment of debt to society and then supervised probation.  If they complete the program, stay clean and complete the probation then seal their records and don’t label them with the felony stigma that makes a productive like so hard.  

Should they become a repeat offender, unseal the record a stiffer non-nonsense sentence awaits.  And I’m for bringing by the “third strike policy”.   A mistake can happen to anyone.  Twice maybe.  But three times is a trend that is indicative of someone beyond reforming.  Violent criminals skip step 1.  As for child predators, well I’ll leave my opinion to myself.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

Possible - but highly unlikely.  That’s not only a career ender, but could get senior officers jail time.  

Probably, but not that unlikely.  Trump was a (crazy) "loose cannon" and they knew it.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Probably, but not that unlikely.  Trump was a (crazy) "loose cannon" and they knew it.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals

Trump was significantly more liked by the military than Biden, I assure you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

After the dust has settled and more information has come out. This is what we know it initially crossed into US territory in Alaska and we did know about it at the time. The Biden administration basically acknowledged it was for China spying purposes.  The Biden administration did not let the public know and did not shoot it down either over water when in US territory  or over open areas in Alaska when there was little danger from debris damage.  It was seen and reported in Montana by a news organization and this is first time administration mentioned it. Biden felt it was dangerous enough when over Montana to say shoot it down but Military thought there was a danger to civilians and waited till over water off SC.    I can understand once over mainland where Debris field could put people at risk not shooting it down till over water.  The big question I have is if it was a danger that needed to be shot down because it was a spy balloon why not do it well before it was over Montana and where population would not have been at risk. 

That means the Biden administration dropped the ball because it could have been neutralized over Bering sea in US waters or over open areas in Alaska.

As for the claim that after the fact they determined that there were balloons that crossed part of Texas and part of Florida during the Trump administration it still does not give Biden's administration a pass. There are two reasons why I say there is no pass. One if Trump administration had known about it and done nothing then it would be shame on them as they should have done something. Because another administration drops the ball is no excuse for you dropping the ball.  The second reason which is even stronger is assuming that there really were two overflights during the Trump administration because they were not detected at that time the Trump administration could not have acted on something they did not know about. The fault there lies with Norad and other government agencies that  did not detect it at that time.

So bottom line is it was a Spy ballon which Biden's people have agreed to and it was enough of a threat they felt it needed to be shot down they knew about as it crossed Bering sea into Alaska  but they waited until it had crossed many key areas near military silos, military bases, etc. before shooting it down when it could have been safely shot down much earlier.

They say they jammed it so that it could not pass that information back to China but there is no way to know if that is true. The only way to be sure it did not get and pass inteligence information when it crossed the US is to shoot it down earlier in an area with no risk the Bering Sea or unpopulated areas of Alaska.

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

After the dust has settled and more information has come out. This is what we know it initially crossed into US territory in Alaska and we did know about it at the time. The Biden administration basically acknowledged it was for China spying purposes.  The Biden administration did not let the public know and did not shoot it down either over water when in US territory  or over open areas in Alaska when there was little danger from debris damage.  It was seen and reported in Montana by a news organization and this is first time administration mentioned it. Biden felt it was dangerous enough when over Montana to say shoot it down but Military thought there was a danger to civilians and waited till over water off SC.    I can understand once over mainland where Debris field could put people at risk not shooting it down till over water.  The big question I have is if it was a danger that needed to be shot down because it was a spy balloon why not do it well before it was over Montana and where population would not have been at risk. 

That means the Biden administration dropped the ball because it could have been neutralized over Bering sea in US waters or over open areas in Alaska.

As for the claim that after the fact they determined that there were balloons that crossed part of Texas and part of Florida during the Trump administration it still does not give Biden's administration a pass. There are two reasons why I say there is no pass. One if Trump administration had known about it and done nothing then it would be shame on them as they should have done something. Because another administration drops the ball is no excuse for you dropping the ball.  The second reason which is even stronger is assuming that there really were two overflights during the Trump administration because they were not detected at that time the Trump administration could not have acted on something they did not know about. The fault there lies with Norad and other government agencies that  did not detect it at that time.

So bottom line is it was a Spy ballon which Biden's people have agreed to and it was enough of a threat they felt it needed to be shot down they knew about as it crossed Bering sea into Alaska  but they waited until it had crossed many key areas near military silos, military bases, etc. before shooting it down when it could have been safely shot down much earlier.

They say they jammed it so that it could not pass that information back to China but there is no way to know if that is true. The only way to be sure it did not get and pass inteligence information when it crossed the US is to shoot it down earlier in an area with no risk the Bering Sea or unpopulated areas of Alaska.

So, during the Trump administration, we did not have the ability to detect the balloons but, under Biden we can detect them before they get here?

"The only way to be sure it did not get and pass inteligence information when it crossed the US is to shoot it down earlier in an area with no risk the Bering Sea or unpopulated areas of Alaska."   How do you know this?  Do you have any evidence?

• Facepalm 2

16 hours ago, GoAU said:

Trump was significantly more liked by the military than Biden, I assure you.  

Certainly not by the people in charge of the military.  They thought he represented a clear danger to our country and democracy.

Regardless, it certainly wasn't reciprocated. Did you read in the prior link about Trump not wanting wounded veterans to participate in the military parade he envisioned?

And of course there was this:

Trump called American war dead in French cemetery ‘losers:’ report

Before a planned visit to honor the American dead at a French cemetery just outside Paris in 2018, President Trump called the U.S. service members who were buried there during World War I “losers,” sources told The Atlantic.

At the time, Trump was expected to arrive at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, but he canceled last minute, stating that due to the rain, the helicopter could not fly to the location and noted that the Secret Service could not drive him. 

However, according to four sources with knowledge of the incident, Trump was reluctant to travel to the cemetery because he was concerned that the rain would dishevel his hair, the Atlantic reported. 

He also did not think it was important to honor the dead there, according to the sources. 

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump reportedly told aides before canceling the trip to Belleau, France.

In another conversation Trump reportedly said that the 1,800 marines who lost their lives in the battle of Belleau Wood were “suckers” for getting killed. The president reportedly asked aides about historic details about WWI, including “Who were the good guys in this war?”

Belleau Wood was a significant battle for the Allies during the First World War. There, they held off Germany advancing into France. The American Marine Corps fought there to beat back German forces. 

Trump has previously made controversial comments about veterans. In 2015, before his presidential tenure, Trump said that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a Vietnam veteran who was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, wasn’t a war hero “because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured”....

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report/

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So, during the Trump administration, we did not have the ability to detect the balloons but, under Biden we can detect them before they get here?

"The only way to be sure it did not get and pass inteligence information when it crossed the US is to shoot it down earlier in an area with no risk the Bering Sea or unpopulated areas of Alaska."   How do you know this?  Do you have any evidence?

The way I know this is the little true information you have gotten from the Biden administration itself. One they declared it was used for espionage purposes, they said it was detected entering Alaska, they took measures to block the balloon from transmitting data back to  China.  They also confirmed that the balloon had limited navigational control which could easily explain the path it took. If our jamming was completely successful how was it able to adjust course. I understand why we didn't shoot it down over the continental US. They only took action after it was made public by pictures from a Montana news organization.  So to answer your question the way I know this is it has come out during press conferences.   

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Certainly not by the people in charge of the military.  They thought he represented a clear danger to our country and democracy.

Regardless, it certainly wasn't reciprocated. Did you read in the prior link about Trump not wanting wounded veterans to participate in the military parade he envisioned?

Before a planned visit to honor the American dead at a French cemetery just outside Paris in 2018, President Trump called the U.S. service members who were buried there during World War I “losers,” sources told The Atlantic.

At the time, Trump was expected to arrive at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, but he canceled last minute, stating that due to the rain, the helicopter could not fly to the location and noted that the Secret Service could not drive him. 

However, according to four sources with knowledge of the incident, Trump was reluctant to travel to the cemetery because he was concerned that the rain would dishevel his hair, the Atlantic reported. 

He also did not think it was important to honor the dead there, according to the sources. 

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump reportedly told aides before canceling the trip to Belleau, France.

In another conversation Trump reportedly said that the 1,800 marines who lost their lives in the battle of Belleau Wood were “suckers” for getting killed. The president reportedly asked aides about historic details about WWI, including “Who were the good guys in this war?”

Belleau Wood was a significant battle for the Allies during the First World War. There, they held off Germany advancing into France. The American Marine Corps fought there to beat back German forces. 

Trump has previously made controversial comments about veterans. In 2015, before his presidential tenure, Trump said that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a Vietnam veteran who was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, wasn’t a war hero “because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured”....

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report/

Sorry, but more articles about Trump citing unnamed sources - I figured you'd get tired of that game after the 4 years of constant trolling that mostly roved unsubstantiated.  I'm just basing my lowly opinion on the opinions of every single person I keep in touch with from the military - every single one.  I'm sure once you hit the ranks of General there are people that will butter both sides of the bread and kiss the butt of whoever is in charge, as generals are political creatures....

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:36 AM, homersapien said:

Thanks for your well-reasoned input. :-\

(Gotta be an electric dump truck. ;))

It can be electric if you want...lol

Good point btw..

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

trump is despicable...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, icanthearyou said:

You libtards dont no that them leg humpers is gunna destroy America.

Leg humpers is are problem.

You leg humpers done make me sick.

Love the Proud Boy "intellect".

We get it, you and your boy Sam Smith letting out your inner urges. But I love Jesus! SMH

The gift that keeps on giving. :laugh:

Half of Americans Say They’re Worse Off, Most Since 2009

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/half-of-americans-say-they-re-worse-off-most-since-2009/ar-AA17eJC6

in before some DA says "but 2021" and a couple more DA's try and rescue the ignorance. :blink:

On 2/7/2023 at 7:28 PM, homersapien said:

Yeah and what was he going to do? Shoot it down? :laugh:

Really thought that one out homey. 

Edited by AUFAN78