2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also @Zeek thanks for starting the thread. Hadn’t seen you on here in a while, so I was kind of worried about you.

It’s been a crazy wrestling season and getting ready for baby #2 to arrive lol. I appreciate it! 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It’s been a crazy wrestling season and getting ready for baby #2 to arrive lol. I appreciate it! 

Awe congrats on the baby!!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

getting ready for baby #2 to arrive lol. I

Again?!? What the…..

Do you know how that happens ?!?

Congrats!!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

getting ready for baby #2 to arrive  

You multiple kids people are NUTS! If you are not nuts before,  you will go nuts when they are in high school.   I could hardly handle raising one.  LOL

Congrats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

My High Schooler is only mildly difficult. It’s the Middle Schooler that’s driving us insane!!!🤪

Both of them girls!🤪🤪🤪

Yeah,  up til they can drive themselves to school,  practice, games,  dates.  It gets easier when they can drive...  

BUT THEN....

The worry starts.  every worst case scenario goes through your head when they are a little late,  or forgot to tell you where they are going... or WHO WITH!

I can't imagine having a girl let alone 2!  I was lucky,  I had a boy.  With a boy you only have to worry about one penis.  With a girl you have to worry about EVERYBODY'S.

Looing back as an empty nester,  I am convinced that being a parent is  90% worry and 10% guilt

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Yeah,  up til they can drive themselves to school,  practice, games,  dates.  It gets easier when they can drive...  

BUT THEN....

The worry starts.  every worst case scenario goes through your head when they are a little late,  or forgot to tell you where they are going... or WHO WITH!

I can't imagine having a girl let alone 2!  I was lucky,  I had a boy.  With a boy you only have to worry about one penis.  With a girl you have to worry about EVERYBODY'S.

Looing back as an empty nester,  I am convinced that being a parent is  90% worry and 10% guilt

You’re right.   
I pray A LOT!

• Like 1

4 girls, 1 guy girls are 30, 26, 15, and 14. Guy is 19. Used to be insane now we have just the two. Still work but it’s hard for them to get away with anything!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

BUT THEN....

Grandkids are the ticket. Send them home when they are getting on your nerves or you’re worn out. Thankfully it’s usually the latter for me.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, toddc said:

Grandkids are the ticket. Send them home when they are getting on your nerves or you’re worn out. Thankfully it’s usually the latter for me.

Absolutely nothing like loving on a kid(s) and giving them back when enough is enough😅

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You multiple kids people are NUTS! If you are not nuts before,  you will go nuts when they are in high school.   I could hardly handle raising one.  LOL

Congrats.

Everyone needs to find their limits!!lol

• Haha 1

Seems like Phat Burnette may be on the verge of committing soon. He posted another tweet the other day that said "Where can I get hats" . Many took that as a sign as well. 

From info from TOS it seems Burnette and Daniel Hill are 2 RBs that we are definitely after and they are both big RBs around 220 lbs. Could be a first come first serve. I doubt we would take both although I would be ok with it. I just think we likely take a second back that would fall into that faster, shiftier, Scat back type IMO. 

@bigbirdsaid it ITT that this class would be the foundation and I firmly believe that. I believe HCBHF has a top 10 class for 24 and then the one that cements the fact that AU is here to play will be the 25 class. Man what a time to be an Auburn fan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Seems like Phat Burnette may be on the verge of committing soon. He posted another tweet the other day that said "Where can I get hats" . Many took that as a sign as well. 

From info from TOS it seems Burnette and Daniel Hill are 2 RBs that we are definitely after and they are both big RBs around 220 lbs. Could be a first come first serve. I doubt we would take both although I would be ok with it. I just think we likely take a second back that would fall into that faster, shiftier, Scat back type IMO. 

@bigbirdsaid it ITT that this class would be the foundation and I firmly believe that. I believe HCBHF has a top 10 class for 24 and then the one that cements the fact that AU is here to play will be the 25 class. Man what a time to be an Auburn fan. 

Sure, I may be selfish, but I really want Phat and Hill.   They are both studs!!!

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I doubt we would take both although I would be ok with it. I just think we likely take a second back that would fall into that faster, shiftier, Scat back type IMO. 

Caddy just said in an interview we are wanting to take 2 RBs this class…..and I wonder how Kevin Riley fits into this as he more of the smaller, faster shiftier type RBs.  

Would Hill come even to possibly play LB?  That is what a lot of schools are recruiting him as, including Bama.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Caddy just said in an interview we are wanting to take 2 RBs this class…..and I wonder how Kevin Riley fits into this as he more of the smaller, faster shiftier type RBs.  

Well it's even bigger than that for us. There looks to be a pool of 5 RBs that appear to be our top tier targets we would take our 2 RBs in the class from.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Would Hill come even to possibly play LB?  That is what a lot of schools are recruiting him as, including Bama.  

If we are smart, not after he gets on campus or changes his mind. He's on record saying he wants to be a RB in college.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If we are smart, not after he gets on campus or changes his mind. He's on record saying he wants to be a RB in college.

just a hunch, no data to back it up, but I'm guessing most players who excell at both spots will choose RB first 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

just a hunch, no data to back it up, but I'm guessing most players who excell at both spots will choose RB first 

I think it usually has to do with what position the people around the kid are telling him he has the most D1/NFL potential.   
Although sometimes a kid just really likes one position over another.  I’ve seen good RBs that just love to hit, and they wind up loving LB more!   I also know some kids that prefer offense because they like more opportunities to score TDs.   

According to Rivals, Mike Matthews was in Auburn yesterday. He is the number 10 player in the country on that site. Said we made a good impression.

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Thanks 1