2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

Kid is fast and I believe will be very good in college. Comes from high school powerhouse Buford. What's been weird about Buford kids they usually have not had very good college careers. We've had 2 or 3 Buford kids 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

What's been weird about Buford kids they usually have not had very good college careers. We've had 2 or 3 Buford kids 

Huh.  Interesting.

So you're saying some schools/programs with massive resources/coaching can max out kids abilities/leading to higher rankings and often overwhelmingly don't pan out at the college level?

Glad we agree on the Buford (doesn't mean all kids will not pan out).  Interesting tho you refuse to apply that same logic to these massive programs in Texas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Huh.  Interesting.

So you're saying some schools/programs with massive resources/coaching can max out kids abilities/leading to higher rankings and often overwhelmingly don't pan out at the college level?

Glad we agree on the Buford (doesn't mean all kids will not pan out).  Interesting tho you refuse to apply that same logic to these massive programs in Texas

Greg McElroy totally agrees with your take , by the way.

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Greg McElroy totally agrees with your take , by the way.

He's a pretty good analyst, TBQH, even though he's a ginger.

About Buford specifically or some of these super programs with equivalent funding of small D1 colleges?  Buford kids that have gone to UGA or other schools haven't done that great, not just us. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Huh.  Interesting.

P. K. Sam and Darius Walker did well in college other than those two most have been average at best. As a side note bammer has had 5 or so Buford guys two of which signed with them in 2022.

I lived in Buford for 10 years when Dexter Wood and Jess Simpson were HC. Jess played TE at Auburn

Soft

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

P. K. Sam and Darius Walker did well in college other than those two most have been average at best. As a side note bammer has had 5 or so Buford guys two of which signed with them in 2022.

I lived in Buford for 10 years when Dexter Wood and Jess Simpson were HC. Jess played TE at Auburn

Soft

A couple of comments:

1. Soft like Texas.

2. I don’t know who those two guys from Buford are…was that back in the Heisman days?

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Kid is fast and I believe will be very good in college. Comes from high school powerhouse Buford. What's been weird about Buford kids they usually have not had very good college careers. We've had 2 or 3 Buford kids 

That’s about to change. The dynamic/make up of Buford has become a lot more diverse than it was 10-15 years ago. Expect their 5 star high school players to be day 1 or day 2 draft picks now. The kids they have this year are special. They are freaking LOADED.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

A couple of comments:

1. Soft like Texas.

2. I don’t know who those two guys from Buford are…was that back in the Heisman days?

Yes and yes

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

That’s about to change. The dynamic/make up of Buford has become a lot more diverse than it was 10-15 years ago. Expect their 5 star high school players to be day 1 or day 2 draft picks now. The kids they have this year are special. They are freaking LOADED.

Good to hear.......

• Like 1

So Harsin wouldn't drive into the complex on a Sunday afternoon to meet a prospect who came in from out of town, yet Freeze repeatedly walks away from practice to give some cell phone time to a recruit.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So Harsin wouldn't drive into the complex on a Sunday afternoon to meet a prospect who came in from out of town, yet Freeze repeatedly walks away from practice to give some cell phone time to a recruit.

Yes. I can’t believe we paid the last guy a buyout. Should have been terminated with cause. 

• Like 8

On 3/3/2023 at 11:12 PM, AUINSY said:

Yes. I can’t believe we paid the last guy a buyout. Should have been terminated with cause. 

I’ve had the same question.  My guess is that Harsin would have likely filed a lawsuit and that AU Admin and legal council just paid him to go away.  Insurance companies do it all the time when it’s cheaper to settle than litigate. Also, bammur media would have portrayed in as negatively as possible.   

16 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I’ve had the same question.  My guess is that Harsin would have likely filed a lawsuit and that AU Admin and legal council just paid him to go away.  Insurance companies do it all the time when it’s cheaper to settle than litigate. Also, bammur media would have portrayed in as negatively as possible.   

I can see that. I for one would have loved to hear the testimony of how lazy and how awful of a recruiter he was. I think anyone with half a brain could have seen he was an awful coach and a terrible hire. It would have left no question he should have been fired, would have left some funds for a top-10/5 class 🤗

Speaking of a top-10 class, ready also to see what Freeze can do with a full season! Happy spring football WDE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

When does the dead period end for HS official visits.   For some reason I was under the impression it was Today. 

Quiet period started the first of the month so players can now take visits to campus again, just no off campus recruiting.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Country's No. 1 OT, Jonathan Daniels, says he’ll visit Auburn again in March

Keith Niebuhrabout 3 hours

After visiting Auburn in January, On3 5-star offensive tackle Jonathan Daniels of Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest said Sunday a return trip is coming in March.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Country's No. 1 OT, Jonathan Daniels, says he’ll visit Auburn again in March

Keith Niebuhrabout 3 hours

After visiting Auburn in January, On3 5-star offensive tackle Jonathan Daniels of Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest said Sunday a return trip is coming in March.

Is this real life? It's like I've woken up in an alternate Auburn universe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Quiet period started the first of the month so players can now take visits to campus again, just no off campus recruiting.  

I assume the coaches can contact(phone email etc.) the recruits to invite them on to campus? 

Do you happen to know if there is there any word on A-day visitors yet? 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I assume the coaches can contact(phone email etc.) the recruits to invite them on to campus? 

Do you happen to know if there is there any word on A-day visitors yet? 

Yes just no face to face contact off campus.  

Last update I saw from Clemente for A Day was Walker White, 5* Jared Smith (2025), 4* Braylen Burnside, 4* Jeremiah Beaman…..I’m sure they will add more. 

Jordan Burns and Tevis Metcalf were at a practice last Friday, I’m not sure if any others were there too, that’s the only two I’ve seen mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 10:26 AM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

When does the dead period end for HS official visits. 

@QuietmaninthecornerThose are 2 different things. The dead period ended last week. We are in a quiet period now where the recruits can visit but they pay. I think OVs can start in June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1