2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

On 3/6/2023 at 12:12 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I assume the coaches can contact(phone email etc.) the recruits

They can do that even in the dead period.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, toddc said:

Country's No. 1 OT, Jonathan Daniels, says he’ll visit Auburn again in March

Keith Niebuhrabout 3 hours

After visiting Auburn in January, On3 5-star offensive tackle Jonathan Daniels of Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest said Sunday a return trip is coming in March.

Relentless 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Nice to see us back in Phenix City hitting it hard. 

He's not a 5* anywhere yet so IDK why they put 5* in the tweet & article headline.

This is renewing my love for recruiting. Still in wait and see mode we’d have to have some serious bad luck for all of this to flop. 

The SEC after 2023 is going to be very interesting 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

we’d have to have some serious bad luck for all of this to flop. 

Or someone to jinx it like you just did.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

There is a lot of "anywhere but Auburn" around Columbus and Phenix City. I think we've worked hard there with poor results in recent times. Here's hoping that this new staff can overcome the haters that seem to be so numerous there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is a lot of "anywhere but Auburn" around Columbus and Phenix City. I think we've worked hard there with poor results in recent times. Here's hoping that this new staff can overcome the haters that seem to be so numerous there.

I don’t know why in the world we haven’t been able to successfully recruit in our own back yard in Phenix City. Still baffles me. Hopefully we can get that place locked down soon with this staff. I can’t imagine any other SEC team, other than maybe Vanderbilt, that couldn’t successfully recruit and regularly lose recruits to other programs within 20 or 30 miles of their university.

Edited by AUINSY

41 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I don’t know why in the world we haven’t been able to successfully recruit in our own back yard in Phenix City. Still baffles me.

@AUINSY Have you been there? More Bama fans & influence than AU there.

39 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Top 5 class incoming!  I feel it in my bones.

May be 2025. Let's shoot for Top 10 in this one.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I don’t know why in the world we haven’t been able to successfully recruit in our own back yard in Phenix City. Still baffles me. Hopefully we can get that place locked down soon with this staff. I can’t imagine any other SEC team, other than maybe Vanderbilt, that couldn’t successfully recruit and regularly lose recruits to other programs within 20 or 30 miles of their university.

Wasn’t it Central that Harsin completely blew it by not showing up/showing up late to something?  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Wasn’t it Central that Harsin completely blew it by not showing up/showing up late to something?  

I believe that's correct. But I've never known Auburn to get any solid recruits out of Phenix City. 

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Good to know. That needs to change. 

7 hours ago, AUINSY said:

A lot of Green money and jobs were being handed out in the Lowe days. 😉

The bank is gone but maybe Green money is still around. 

Edited by creed

Got to lock down the surrounding counties. I like what I'm hearing overall!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Got to lock down the surrounding counties. I like what I'm hearing overall!

As far as Phoenix City, IT would be nice to snag a legit player from there every now and then...let alone locking it down. We have gotten waxed in battles for those guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:30 AM, AUINSY said:

I grew up in Auburn and can tell you that the anti-Auburn bias in Phenix City starts at a municipal level and carries over from there up to the university level. I’m not sure where that forced rivalry comes from, but I was surprised at the amount of animosity displayed at football games I played in over there in Jr High and High School.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I grew up in Auburn and can tell you that the anti-Auburn bias in Phenix City starts at a municipal level and carries over from there up to the university level. I’m not sure where that forced rivalry comes from, but I was surprised at the amount of animosity displayed at football games I played in over there in Jr High and High School.

They’re just jealous because Auburn has a great university and they can’t even spell Phoenix.

• Haha 7

On 3/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, ellitor said:

Yeah but fandom doesn’t trump being able to have your whole family come watch every game you play in person because you’re just 30 minutes away. We should have way more success in Columbus/Phenix City than we do. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, ellitor said:

He's not a 5* anywhere yet so IDK why they put 5* in the tweet & article headline.

I thought I read that he was a 5* and top 20 recruit on On3.   That would explain On3 calling him a 5*.  Other sites haven’t updated him yet and have him ranked lower.   I could be mistaken.   It happens a lot!🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah but fandom doesn’t trump being able to have your whole family come watch every game you play in person because you’re just 30 minutes away. We should have way more success in Columbus/Phenix City than we do. 

@AUght2winIt's not about just fandom. As I & others have said. There's more influence there than just fandom.

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I thought I read that he was a 5* and top 20 recruit on On3.   That would explain On3 calling him a 5*.  Other sites haven’t updated him yet and have him ranked lower.   I could be mistaken.   It happens a lot!🤦‍♂️

@AUpreacherman22 He is 20th there but they gaven't given 5*s past 10th yet.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/football/2024/

• Thanks 1

Camden Brown tweeted that he thinks we have a good shot at him. Need some top notch receivers for when we get a top notch qb.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1