2024 3* TE Martavious Collins Commits to Auburn!

AU-24

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* TE Martavious Collins (Bama Decommit 2/6/23)
  • 1 month later...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

Does anyone know when this guy is going to announce his commitment?

Hopefully we're lining a few up for A Day. Him and the WR from down the road seem like the most likely 

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully we're lining a few up for A Day. Him and the WR from down the road seem like the most likely 

That would be ideal as then we would have a player at all 4 skill positions on Offense QB, RB, WR, TE.  Then we need to get the big guys in front of them. Hope you are right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

Does anyone know when this guy is going to announce his commitment?

@Randy4AU He hasn't said when he plans to commit but all signs point to AU when he does FWIW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to ***2024 4* TE Martavious Collins (Commit Watch 4/14/23)***

Amy sites give reason as to why he's dropped in all of their rankings?

Remembered him being a relatively highly raked 4* kid in January. Now he's a middle of the road 3*

Edited by W.E.D

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No clue but he did have massive frops on Rivals and 247. And it started before he decommitted from Bama.

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Now he's a middle of the road 3*

High 3* on the consensus and composite FWIW.

• ellitor changed the title to ***2024 3* TE Martavious Collins (Commit Watch 4/14/23)***
2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Because the commitment to Auburn is looming the sites are being proactive and giving it the "Auburn adjustment."

• Like 3

As he hits the camps this summer and plays this fall his star rating could go either way he balls out it goes up if he stayys the same it stays the same if he messes up it will go down. I expect he will be a 4* by the time he signs his NLI.  I hope it is with Auburn which looks very promising right now.

• Like 1

TE Martavious Collins locks in commitment date

7 hours ago

Less than a week after A-Day Auburn could be getting some positive recruiting news.

Former Alabama tight end commit and Auburn tight end target Martavious Collinsannounced on Thursday that he plans to commit on Friday. Auburn is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite to land Collins currently with two predictions in.

After A-Day, Collins said he didn't plan to commit until closer to his senior season. He also noted, though, he wasn't done with his visit and he still had more meetings with coaches and expected them to push hard for a commitment.

Collins visited Auburn for the first time last fall for the San Jose State game as an Alabama commit. He returned in January as an Alabama commit and a few weeks later he backed off that pledge. He returned this spring to Auburn for A-Day.

Not only is Auburn the Crystal Ball favorite, he came out and said so after A-Day.

"Auburn I talk to the most," Collins said. "I talk to Coach Ben (Aigamaua) and them every day. I would say (Auburn's) at the top."

In the Class of 2024, Auburn is planning to take two tight ends. Collins profiles as more of a traditional, H-back style tight end capable of lining up in the backfield or next to an offensive tackle and blocking while also being able to catch some passes.

The second tight end will likely be a hybrid pass-catcher.

During A-Day, Collins was focused on getting a feel for the new Auburn offense and what his fit could look like.

"I know the weather was bad and everything, but I got a chance to see what they do on offense and stuff like that," Collins said. "It wasn’t the most beautiful day but I’m going to be back when I see more of what they do on offense."

Collins also noted Florida State and Miami as two other schools he's talking to a lot. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite has the 6-foot-3, 241-pound Collins as the No. 507 player, No. 50 athlete and No. 54 player in Georgia. The 247Sports rankings have Collins as the No. 29 athlete and No. 35 player in Georgia.

8COMMENTS

In the Class of 2024, Auburn holds four commitments with all being inside the Top247 in Walker White, J'Marion Burnette, Jayden Lewis and A'Mon Lane. Auburn's class is No. 24 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings.

Not too surprising his rankings dropped. He’s an in line blocking TE who doesn’t have many catches or TD’s. For his rankings to go back up he’d have to do really good in summer camps to get that bump

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

No clue but he did have massive frops on Rivals and 247. And it started before he decommitted from Bama.

High 3* on the consensus and composite FWIW.

what does frop stand for?

6 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

what does frop stand for?

It’s a cross between flop and drop and it sounds just as bad so I kept it instead of changing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It’s a cross between flop and drop and it sounds just as bad so I kept it instead of changing it.

Stealing it

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to ***2024 3* TE Martavious Collins (Commit Watch 4/14/23; 3:30ish CT)***

"During A-Day, Collins was focused on getting a feel for the new Auburn offense and what his fit could look like.

"I know the weather was bad and everything, but I got a chance to see what they do on offense and stuff like that," Collins said.

🤔

• Zeek changed the title to 2024 3* TE Martavious Collins Commits to Auburn!

POW!

he should be a 4* when UGA and Bama are the two other teams pursuing him the most that tells you something.

• Like 3