has anyone ever tastes Buffalo Trace booze?

aubiefifty

i was told this was the best or close to the best you can buy as far as booze goes. here is what i want to reveal and see if anyone agrees or disagrees. i was told by a friend buffalo trace is supposed to be the best but makes a lower scale bottle called benchmark. it is supposed to be around twenty bucks or less for a decent sized bottle. now here is the kicker and what i am curious about. my friend claims in the article that benchmark according to some taste tests that it is better than makers mark. while i doubt this is true i thought i would seek out opinions. anyone have any idea?

Expert bourbon snob here. Benchmark has the same mashbill as Buffalo Trace, but does not taste anywhere the same. I would pass on Benchmark unless you were going to bury it in coke or some recipe. Buffalo Trace is a respectable bourbon and availability will vary by state. Makers Mark is a wheated bourbon so it is a little smoother than BT. But it really comes down the personal taste and what you can buy in your area. I am very spoiled with the bourbon I am able to get.

Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are both pretty good. They are relatively easy to get in restaurants/bars, but they release in batches and when the individual stores get them, they usually sell out in a day or so. For the money, I still like Elijah Craig and Four Roses, but I'd get the BT or ER if I ever see 'em on the shelf. 

I'm interested in trying the Von Payne Black. If any of you have tried it, let me know if it's worth the $.