2024 4* RB J'Marion "Phat" Burnette decommits From AU

ellitor

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

He'll run next Fall behind 4 new starters on his high school's O line. It's good to be 6'2" 225 but...yikes.

More times than not he’s the best player/athlete on any field he walks on to in HS, he’ll be okay 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To be fair he didn’t have much to sell before this year.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved his RB recruiting but it's time to grow as a recruiter, JMO

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't get me wrong, I've loved his RB recruiting but it's time to grow as a recruiter, JMO

Maybe but with this staff he may not be asked to.

Just now, ellitor said:

Maybe but with this staff he may not be asked to.

You're never not asked to grow. It's the next step for him.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith posted yesterday he's more like 6'0, 232.

Yeah I got the 6'2" 225 from Al.com's article on him, so I'll go with Keith too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're never not asked to grow. It's the next step for him.

Didn't say nor imply he wouldn't be asked to grow. I'm saying he may not be asked to spearhead any prospects recruitment outside of RB with this staff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We'll have 2 5* WRs in '23 once Ryan Williams reclassifies 

@W.E.D Are you really confident that we can or will flip him? He has visited Bama 9 times including yesterday & us just twice.

Hopefully, this increases our chances with Alvin Henderson. 4* 2025 RB. He's Phat's cousin. I think it was discussed a little earlier in this thread. One of the podcasts said that family is very important to him. 

https://www.on3.com/db/alvin-henderson-147701/

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D Are you really confident that we can or will flip him? He has visited Bama 9 times including yesterday & us just twice.

Maybe the AU Legacy connection finally works for us

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith posted yesterday he's more like 6'0, 232.

He’s definitely taller than 6’0”, not that an inch or two for a running back really matters. He is a little heavy right now, but when summer workouts begin he’ll get back to the 215-220 range. 

He will be behind 4 new starters on the Oline, but the backups got plenty of playing time last season and they’re talented. They won’t be as good as last season but they’ll still be good. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Weeeeee!!!!

That was a fun game to watch. Andalusia geared up to stop Cobb’s running, but he went off as a receiver. 

So Happy to get Phat. Normally, if I get a little Phat I don't feel good about it, but this time it just feels different!

• Haha 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Auburn must be recruiting the same way Clemson recruits. Clemson tells guys if you commit to them they advise you not to visit anybody else and you shut it down.

Multiple commits have shut down their recruitment so maybe Auburn is doing something similar 

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Auburn must be recruiting the same way Clemson recruits. Clemson tells guys if you commit to them they advise you not to visit anybody else and you shut it down.

Multiple commits have shut down their recruitment so maybe Auburn is doing something similar 

I don’t think that’s typically Hugh’s style, but we might tell some kids “if you shut it down completely, we stop looking at other dudes completely” or something similar. Maybe pitch them on the benefits of getting to have fun their senior year without fielding so many calls and such. 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, ellitor said:

Sorry, missed this, but yes I'm confident but for no real insider/apparent reason.  Not reclassifying will probably help us a little bit and give HF time too cook.

my apologies for this negative post & confidence in a Bama flip going back 2 months ago @toddc

• 1 month later...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Cadillac was out watching Phat last night in Geneva; it was Phat’s first game back after a minor knee injury. He had 5 or 6 touches with 2 tds 

IMG_6051.jpeg

• Like 3